User Tag List

Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coleman for Gurley is looking superb now.

Been offered a trade in that 4th league. I would give up Melvin Gordon, Doug Baldwin, Joe Mixon and Justin Tucker for Freeman, AJ Green, Coleman and Boswell. Don't think I'm interested though. Freeman/Coleman is a headache where as Gordon is a sure thing and the Bengals look like shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH: Just give me the title already. 2 games in and I'm already past my projected wins for the season.

$40 buy in league: A tight win by 3 points. Had the Bears not scored a TD I would have lost, his team went 11+ points over their prediction. 2-0.

RB heaven quick draft: When I picked up Le'Veon, 'Zeke and Howard (no flex spot though so only 2 at a times) I thought I would piss the league but all of them have been shit, as has the rest of the team bar the Baltimore D. I need a combined total of 33.28 from Golladay and Tate to pull off the comeback.

Star Wars inspired IDP: 17.86 points with no one on my team left to play. He has Brandon Marshall and DRC remaining so I'm hoping for a week 1 style game from the Jets.

Super massive 1 million player roster IDP: I was predicted to get crushed I had some big performances and he had dick, of my offence only Howard didn't hit double figures wheras he had Shady, Fat Rob, Desean Jackson, Thielen, and Bennett miss. 23.18 ahead with Jonathan Casillas and Glover Quinn remaining for me vs his Snacks Harrison and Landon Collins. Feel like we've got this as non-pass rushing DL's don't do so well in this league (although Snacks can get a lot of tackles) and I've got two studs who can score big.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a trade accepted for Julio Jones and i am giving J.Winston,Coby Fleener and Ravens D. NFL.com league. Good or bad in your opinion?Winston and Fleener were my 2 backups for their respective positions and Ravens were my main D.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant.

A D is easy to replace, Fleener is trash and there are better options at QB.

Julio is top 3 at his position.

If it's PPR too, you're laughing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say Fleener is trash while TE is looking so shite this year. He's the TE 6 in my main league and when you consider Witten and Road Dogg are above him, neither of which were really on anyone's radar, he's doing well so far.

That said the trade is still great value.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's terribly overrated.

He's started well but he's going to go anonymous soon.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a NFL.com fantasy league so it's standard throughout.I can't be bothered with these PPR,Dynasty,Auction nonsense.Just pure "add said player to the team and get maximum points" type of deal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPR has over taken standard as the most popular format now, and for good reason. I've never liked standard at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My matchup with @Browning looked closer than I thought despite the predicted loss I was getting. I went from 5-0 in all leagues to instantly losing every single matchup.

Fantasy Football

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You put a hell of a fight to be fair. I'm struggling to get excited about the TTH league this year, my team just feels awful, but Carr bailed me out big time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I be concerned about Jordon Howard's shoulder injury?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I'm not fully buying into Cohen, he's too small to be the feature back, and Howard held off some other no name challenger last season (not Langford... but I forget who it was who had 1-2 weeks of hype then vanished) but the injury doesn't help.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allen Hurns

Now that I got that one bright spot out of the way..

As far as

Jordy Nelson
    Terrell Pryor
    Christian McCaffrey
    Marcellus Bennett
    Kerwynn fuckin Williams

are concerned

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, Pleb was a genius trying to offload a shite, half injured Cam Newton for Carson Wentz.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks btw Bruh and Gray for taking Cohen and Kerwynn Williams ahead of me, leaving me with Buck Allen.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my pleasure. He'll be out for the season this time next week anyway.

I suppose the good news for me is if Tate crushes it, it's going to mean Stafford getting mega points. I fully expect Tate to get enough points to lose me my work league, while Stafford will just narrowly fall short of enough to win for me in TTH.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tate can semi-crush it.

Golladay can beast it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoutsonik View Post
    Got a trade accepted for Julio Jones and i am giving J.Winston,Coby Fleener and Ravens D. NFL.com league. Good or bad in your opinion?Winston and Fleener were my 2 backups for their respective positions and Ravens were my main D.
    That's glorious work

Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    I need RBs pls.
    Check your PMs

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna lose every game aren't I.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have had a stat correction in my favour. Website now shows me as 27.76 points behind Mahow.

Still unlikely, but more achievable.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my Yahoo leagues is going to the wire. Leading by 2pts with Giants DEF against Golden Tate. Throw me in the 'Fuck Off Golden Tate' club this week.

TTH league is a win, as is another of my Yahoo leagues, while the other one saw me get destroyed as it's the one where I have David Johnson, Diggs, Olsen & Bilal Powell, and accidentally started John Brown over Dez. Michael Crabtree is got almost half my points for the week

I also took a hammering in the dynasty league, having started Winston over Wentz, Crowell & Corey Davis (and Abdullah) over Jalen Richard & Derrick Henry, and TY Hilton & Cooper Kupp over Paul Richardson & Ryan Grant (lol at him being relevant). Still don't think I could've won with my best possible team though, as the other guy has Rodgers, Gillislee, Tevin Coleman, Jeffery, Fleener & the Panther DEF, all of which scored double digit points.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit I'm facing Dan week 3.

Automatic 0-3 on my way

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need some waiver advice here...

I'm going to use my dynasty waiver on Rashard Higgins I think. My flex options are pretty terrible this week and it'll be between him, Ingram and Watkins for the final place in my line up, and I think he wins that battle given his week 2 performance.

Question is, are the Miami DST (Vs The Jets) worth a 2nd claim if my alternative is the Jaguars (Vs The Ravens at WEMBLEY). I'm not playing the Panthers against NO.

Also, it would mean probably dropping Josh Gordon, or maybe Sterling Shepherd, no idea which of those is best, but there's been little news on Gordon lately.

Maybe Miami clear waivers and I can nab them, but are the Jags so bad a play that I should look to ensure I get them? (Of course, pending no one else claiming them). Hell.... is it so bad they should be my number 1 claim?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like Yahoo being on the ball

"Ted Ginn Jr. has seen 16 targets over the first two games and is in line for a big game against a porous Saints passing defense that's allowed more than 250 passing yards per game this season."

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Oh shit I'm facing Dan week 3.

Automatic 0-3 on my way
    Nah, I'm sure we'll choke it away next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Need some waiver advice here...

I'm going to use my dynasty waiver on Rashard Higgins I think. My flex options are pretty terrible this week and it'll be between him, Ingram and Watkins for the final place in my line up, and I think he wins that battle given his week 2 performance.

Question is, are the Miami DST (Vs The Jets) worth a 2nd claim if my alternative is the Jaguars (Vs The Ravens at WEMBLEY). I'm not playing the Panthers against NO.

Also, it would mean probably dropping Josh Gordon, or maybe Sterling Shepherd, no idea which of those is best, but there's been little news on Gordon lately.

Maybe Miami clear waivers and I can nab them, but are the Jags so bad a play that I should look to ensure I get them? (Of course, pending no one else claiming them). Hell.... is it so bad they should be my number 1 claim?
    Just drop Josh Gordon already

I don't think the Jets are so bad that you should be targeting them when it means playing an average DST like Miami. I'd still go for the Jags out of those three, as that could easily end up a 9-3 game, or one where all TDs are scored by the two defences.

---

A couple of my Yahoo leagues have thrown up horrible decisions for me.

I can only start 2 RBs, as there's no FLEX in default Yahoo leagues, so I have to leave one of Ezekiel Elliott, Kareem Hunt & Christian McCaffery on my bench. If CMC wasn't playing the Saints this would be easy, but now I don't know. Meanwhile, in another I'm choosing two from Gurley, Fournette & Crowell, who would again be the easy bench if he wasn't playing the Colts.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Gordon is the future.

I fully expect him to do fuck all, ever again. I'll drop him as soon as I'm forced to, which will likely be next time I need to add someone or when I need to activate Sam Bradford.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McCaffrey misses out in the first one. Crowell in the second. It's close between Crowell and Fournette, but Crowell has been shit for the first 2 weeks. I'm keeping him benched in my main league for Gurley, Montgomery and Buck Allen.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a feeling that CMC is going to have a big game, but then I think I'm probably going to have that feeling about anyone playing the Saints

Definitely not going to bother with draft now Yahoo leagues next season - no FLEX spot is stupid.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found this from Yahoo too:

"Odell Beckham gets a tough opponent in Week 3, but his 67-yard scoring effort where he split three defenders in Week 2 showcased his ability in the open field."

What the fuck are they on about?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jordan Howard situation is giving me a headache. He's obviously suffering a shoulder injury, but he's trying to play through it. Now in my league I'm only allowed 3 RBs so he is essentially my bench spot. But with Shady running into the Broncos D that completely shut down the Cowboys run game, I need another option. This would be Howard but there's the injury.
    I either have to drop him in favour of a Buck Allen waiver grab(Derrick Henry, Abdullah, Rodgers and Carson are also there). Or I can try and trade to someone who isn't paying attention.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just play Shady. Everyone said they'd shut Dez down to fuck all and they didn't. Zeke just gave up on the game, Shady will be fine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.

'Zeke was moping about (LT was bang on the money) which didn't help things plus I think Shady is better in the passing game, although that's mostly down to the Bills actually trying to get him involved in it whereas the Cowboys wont look to Elliott as much.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elliott, particularly on the Harris interception, didn't look like he fancied it at all but Denver have had two good weeks on the bounce against the run and and absolutely dominated one of the best o-lines in football against Dallas.

*cue 200 all-purpose yards from McCoy.*

The last quarter or so against the Chargers was obviously a bit worrying at the time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just lob out a at the Ravens.

Also sucks that I lost one match because DRC was the only Giant that showed up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you win that 2nd match-up due to the Koo miss at the death?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't spot that, I did indeed.

Makes up for him losing me a match in the third league last week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went 4-1 in my leagues this week, which is great, but I wish I could have won in Dynasty over any of the others (bar my main league).

The core of my dynasty team (WR, RB, Flex) is great but QB, TE and DST is a nightmare every week. I won't worry yet, the last time I won my main league I started 1-4 (may have even been 1-5) but I'm not optimistic about this season in dynasty. Oh well.... at least I have a game to go to on Sunday.

Not many fantasy implications on the London game, but I do have Tucker in 1-2 leagues, Buck Allen in my main league and the Ravens DST in 2 of them too. I also may start the Jags in Dynasty... but not sure I have the bottle, so may still target Miami.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ravens D, Buck Allen and West can't let me down when I'm there on Sunday so you're fucked in the TTH one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I hope they do destroy me because I care a lot more about my main league where I'm starting them too.

It's just a shame Allen Robinson went and died after I drafted him in 4 out of 5 leagues.....

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you didn't have David Johnson as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Ravens D, Buck Allen and West can't let me down when I'm there on Sunday so you're fucked in the TTH one.
    So Mahow, Tucker for your Defense?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lutz has outscored Tucker both weeks, Pleb...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Carson is up for trade if anyone wants to make me an offer...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 teams in NFL.com,1 team in yahoo's nfl fantasy and 3 teams in ESPN's fantasy.Should i stop?Should i look for help?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get how you get anything out of that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get nothing really,just really enjoying drafting and trying to make trades happen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Chris Carson is up for trade if anyone wants to make me an offer...

Gobias a rookie RB.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leagues with people I don't know? Could not be less interested. If this and my brother in law's leagues packed it in I would stop.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question time.What is the best strategy for drafting?So far,i have drafted RBs first then go about getting whatever is left that's best.Should i try a RB and a WR and then try to luck my way into the other positions?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Value Based Drafting really does make sense if you know what you're doing (I don't. )

Failing that the top couple this year are RBs but I found this year was one of the less simple years in terms of which position to pick first.

Edit: Also, just saw last night's result. Having Todd "And Don't Call Me" Gurley in both my teams paying off.