User Tag List

Thread: The Running and General Exercise Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran 1.36.43 in an extremely hilly half yesterday with a headcold. My third fastest time, but I'm thinking that it's probably been my best "performance" yet. I was placed fairly high up, 17th out of 254 runners.
    Hopefully I'm still on for sub 1.30 before the end of the year.

And now I enter four weeks of hell as marathon training peaks. Marathon is on 3rd June.
    Last edited by Henry; 15-04-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really good Henry, impressive stuff. I'm doing the Leeds half marathon in about a month (which I've heard is also quite hilly) but I've got more modest goals, just hoping to crack 2 hours!

Which marathon are you doing? The idea of a summer marathon would scare me a little bit. I would end up fixating on the possibility of waking up that morning and it being blazing hot outside, which I can only imagine would make the whole experience very unpleasant.

I'm still on for the York one in October myself. I'm feeling quite good about it so far, I definitely feel like the training is well on track. I've been managing to pick up the pace a little bit over more extended distances lately too. My last two runs I broke my 10 mile PB on both occasions, and still felt like I had something in the tank at the end too.