User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 115 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,750 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been mostly drunk since last Friday, has anything been done at all?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. Just move votes. If anything, May's defence of the her deal might point to the possibility setting trade deals with countries piecemeal hasn't gone down. Or other countries don't want to sign us on because they too think Brexit isn't happening?

Clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to believe that with both sides cabinets voting against the whip of their respective parties and anonymously leaking the contents of literally every meeting they have with their leaders while refusing to resign. Should we just restart? Dissolve all political parties and start again?

Literally everyone has to run as an independent and then make alliances from there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next General Election is going to have a turnout of about 3%.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they'll all vote for the Nigel Farage Party.

This all feels like its heading towards a terrible reckoning somewhere down the line.

What are they up to at the moment? Legislating to make 'no deal' impossible? So, if the EU reject a further extension the UK would be legally required to call the whole thing off? You can't leave without a deal, they won't agree a (the) deal, people aren't stupid.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably, they want it cancelled at this stage I think.

They would find a common ground if they didn't (or it might just be because they're all wankers).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wanted it cancelled the day after the referendum.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't take much for a Hitler type to gain huge popularity on the back of a NATIONAL BETRAYAL.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a hero Gibb is.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Wouldn't take much for a Hitler type to gain huge popularity on the back of a NATIONAL BETRAYAL.
    One of the northy neanderthals would fit the bill perfectly seeing as being an Ulster loyalist is based around being a homophobic racist.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tommy Robinson needs shooting by MI6 before it's too late.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was literally just thinking this all ends in WW3 doesn't it

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it ends in a vote.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a small, insignificant island, the assassination of populist psychopath MR X causes reverberations around the globe, resulting in the deaths of all white people.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Tommy Robinson needs shooting by MI6 before it's too late.
    Quite, if he could wear a suit without looking like it's because he's got a court date, he'd have at least 35% of the country in a popular vote.

I know it's not the sole reason but I think there's a solid argument for YouTube being the downfall of the Western World if it does all go pear shaped.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely all of social media tbh

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Absolutely all of social media tbh
    Don't you dare blame his beloved Twitter. If he says it's only YouTube it's only YouTube.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Don't you dare blame his beloved Twitter. If he says it's only YouTube it's only YouTube.
    He'll be gone from Twitter if he insults Elon Musk once more.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A propos of nothing, this really wouldn't be a bad time for a military coup. I've always fancied one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK Civil War?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck nevermind I just realized if there was such a war there'd be no Premier League for like 2 or 3 years and with all the McChickens I put into my fat face I'd really die with United in 6th fucking place.

ALTHOUGH if City somehow blow this and Liverpool get close to THE TITLE please God just fucking riot and don't let that shit happen.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Premier League would absolutely love a civil war, they could move it all to the US and Asia.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lord remember that bald, retarded Mahow lookalike signed up to TTH called Mr. X?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The Premier League would absolutely love a civil war, they could move it all to the US and Asia.
    Holy fuck MLS would become the biggest league in the world just like in every other worthwhile sport

Theresa May you're doing amazing sweetie xx

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's Twitter because;
    1) The group think on Twitter, whether left/right or centre, is always phenomenally off the pulse of what actual people seem to care about/want if you go off polling/national sentiment. Twitter isn't real life.
    2) You choose who to follow on Twitter and the only way you'll find out about someone else you might want to follow is someone you already follow RT'ing them into your world.

I blame YouTube because that 'Reccomended video' algorithm is an absolute monstrosity. I mainly use youtube to listen to music and watch videogame stuff and I still get 'Dave Rubin DESTROYS local feminazi' because nutters like Harold watch the shit out of them which makes it think that it's 'engaging content'. Would all the red pilled stuff exist without it do you think? Anti-vax, Flat Earthism etc. etc. are growing in popularity for some reason and it's not because there's doctors and scientists telling them it's true.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I sorta think that if people want to believe something they'll go and search out affirmation regardless of algorithm, if that makes sense.

What I mean is nutters are always looking to coddled to in a sense, I don't think regular normal(ish) people like you and I see a suggestion for such a video and go "wow holy fuck it all makes sense because @SnowflakeSmasher86 has pointed out THE TRUTH!".

I also think 50% of those folks just want to feel "apart of something" and don't actually believe the bullshit they spew, sorta like your point about twitter where it's usually never close to what's really going on in the world.

Most of the internet is just people who have invented characters for themselves. Rarely do you get places like here where everyone except mert just kinda is their self.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bumped into enough batshit mental stuff on Twitter and Facebook, and it ain't because I'm signing up to FlatEarthAntiVaxJetFeulDoesn'tMeltSteelBeams shit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that? An opening to post my favorite thing on the internet of all time?

FUCK that cracks me up man.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can watch as much content as you like from either side but it is correct you will only side with and remember the ones that fit your bias. There's a lot of content now for whatever that may be, which only serves to double down on that.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I've bumped into enough batshit mental stuff on Twitter and Facebook, and it ain't because I'm signing up to FlatEarthAntiVaxJetFeulDoesn'tMeltSteelBeams shit.
    I'm not saying it's a non-factor but it's a significantly smaller number. Facebook and YouTube have about 1 billion users per day. Twitter has 260 million.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This actually reminds me of a skit on the last 1975 album, which i did reference above

This is a story about a lonely, lonely man. He lived in a lonely house. On a lonely street. In a lonely part of the world. But, of course, he had the internet. The internet, as you know, was his friend — you could say, his best friend. They would play with each other every day, watching videos of humans doing all sorts of things: Having sex with each other; Informing people on what was wrong with them and their life; Playing games with young children at home with their parents

One day, the man — whose name was @SnowflakeSmasher86 — turned to his friend, the internet, and he said, “Internet, do you love me?”

The internet looked at him and said, “Yes. I love you very, very, very, very, very, very much. I am your best friend. In fact, I love you so much that I never, ever want us to be apart ever again ever’
    ‘I would like that,” said the man. And so they embarked on a life together. Wherever the man went, he took his friend. The man and the internet went everywhere together, except of course the places where the internet could not go. They went to the countryside. They went to birthday parties of the children of some of his less important friends. Different countries. Even the moon. When the man got sad, his friend had so many clever ways to make him feel better. He would get him cooked animals and show him the people having sex again, and he would always, always agree with him. This one was the man’s favorite, and it made him very happy. The man trusted his friend so much. “I feel like I could tell you anything,” he said, on a particularly lonely day

“You can. You can tell me anything. I’m your best friend. Anything you say to me will stay strictly between you and the internet.”

And so he did. The man shared everything with his friend: All of his fears and desires; All of his loves, past and present; All of the places he had been and was going, and pictures of his penis. He would tell himself, “Man does not live by bread alone.”

And then he died
    In his lonely house
    On the lonely street
    In that lonely part of the world

You can go on his Facebook
    But i think about this shit a lot because it's like ya, the internet is fucking nuts but at the end of the day these people are just going to randomly die and their weirdo fucking ideology will just stay on the internet and not in real life where it can actually hurt anyone.

For the most part, anyways.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    You can watch as much content as you like from either side but it is correct you will only side with and remember the ones that fit your bias. There's a lot of content now for whatever that may be, which only serves to double down on that.
    I don't watch 'content' from either side, because I don't need the opinion of some cretin telling me to 'SMASH the like button' - as a priority - in my life.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I'm not saying it's a non-factor but it's a significantly smaller number. Facebook and YouTube have about 1 billion users per day. Twitter has 260 million.
    Fair. But I think it's all linked. The same numpties swallowing thisnshit on YouTube are sharing the shit all over Facebook and Twitter. Facebook in particular seems the most dangerous to me, because people you actually know are sharing this stuff.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't watch 'content' from either side, because I don't need the opinion of some cretin telling me to 'SMASH the like button' - as a priority - in my life.
    No but you have some awareness of what is going on, right? That's delivered by a (probable) polarised source so you're already fucked.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Nick Boles tweet has got all the remain/pinko nutters out thinking the BBC is against them. As an aside, if he has left the Conservative Party, would he be open to a compromise where he sits elsewhere but still votes with, canvasses for, and pays membership fees to the Conservatives? Waste of space.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ Hammond looks like Richard Leonard.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair. But I think it's all linked. The same numpties swallowing thisnshit on YouTube are sharing the shit all over Facebook and Twitter. Facebook in particular seems the most dangerous to me, because people you actually know are sharing this stuff.
    Once again, I don't think the sharing is the issue, algorithms dictating what you see based on what it thinks is engaging, which Facebook does fall into but Twitter doesn't (until that weird update about a month ago which is definitely going to go badly), is dangerous. It's the AI thought experiment where the conclusion is that the most efficient way to eradicate famine is to murder x% of the population. It's answer is correct but isn't right.

Interestingly this study: http://cnets.indiana.edu/groups/nan/...se-on-twitter/ (which happening in 2010 is a bit of out dated and is only the US)

concludes that the right will retweet their core messages a lot more than the left who will instead spend their time arguing in replies

and this one: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...804840115.full

has the takeaway that showing users opposing political viewpoints, in effect having less of an echo chamber, actually reinforces/polarizes those people more.

My summary? Twitter is millions of polarised people getting triggered everyday whereas FB/YouTube is millions of people on the edge being told the devil on their shoulder is the one telling the truth.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    That Nick Boles tweet has got all the remain/pinko nutters out thinking the BBC is against them.
    They already think that, look at any piece and you'll have @ProudToBeEnglish and his West Ham avatar and #FBPE Sally with a Lord Adonis quote in her bio in the mentions. Both claiming that Laura KeanuReavesberg is a MI5 Plant.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vote passed

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47808491

On Wednesday evening, Sir Jeffrey told BBC Newsline: "We would have preferred a form of Brexit that enables the UK to negotiate new trade agreements with other countries.

"That's part of the reason for Brexit and maybe a customs union might be a temporary staging post towards that objective.
    Sounds an awful lot like the dreaded BACKSTOP.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent 20 minutes trying to find out what 'Letwin-Cooper' is or does (including by reading the actual bill itself) and am still none the wiser. Still, the bullied-at-school No Deal crowd seem to hate it so I guess it's a good thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the threat of a strong MLS finally got your lot to do something

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's all this about May and Corbyn working to get a new deal? Or the huns looking for alternatives? The deal has been done and presumably whatever they come up with won't be just agreed by the EU just because they've decided. The days of rocking up with a few cannons are over and doing as you're bid has begun. Until you're out anyway at least.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ever there was a room the people within which epitomised "no fucking clue what to do now", it was the one that housed the meeting between May and Corbyn.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's all this about May and Corbyn working to get a new deal? Or the huns looking for alternatives? The deal has been done and presumably whatever they come up with won't be just agreed by the EU just because they've decided. The days of rocking up with a few cannons are over and doing as you're bid has begun. Until you're out anyway at least.
    They (although who 'they' are is perhaps not really clear) want to alter the political declaration to move towards not really leaving (EEA/EFTA style arrangement), so it's not something that is going to be a problem for the EU. The main problem with it will be binding future UK governments to it, so they'll probably need a long extension to get it into a Treaty-form. As it stands they could alter the political declaration, and even try to bind the UK government to it through UK law, but a new/differently constituted and led government could just change that themselves if they were so minded.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    They (although who 'they' are is perhaps not really clear) want to alter the political declaration to move towards not really leaving (EEA/EFTA style arrangement), so it's not something that is going to be a problem for the EU. The main problem with it will be binding future UK governments to it, so they'll probably need a long extension to get it into a Treaty-form. As it stands they could alter the political declaration, and even try to bind the UK government to it through UK law, but a new/differently constituted and led government could just change that themselves if they were so minded.
    They, in the above, are the United Kingdom. Or to be more specific, those who run it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, what I meant was that it is not entirely clear if either May or Corbyn are actually in that group, either in terms of wanting the softer option, or being in the one running things.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Yeah, what I meant was that it is not entirely clear if either May or Corbyn are actually in that group, either in terms of wanting the softer option, or being in the one running things.
    It's more all these attempts at "coming up with a better deal". You've got your deal so it's that or none, so what's the timewasting about?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the idea of giving all the devolved assemblies a veto over us leaving any customs union they manage to bounce us into. Yes, because that will strengthen 'Our Precious Union', won't it, baking in massive power disparities deliberately designed to frustrate England.