0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demerit View Post
    Go on then, who's the wolf genius?
    You.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominate and vote for me then and I expect a formal written apology afterwards.

Moving on, the stupid abstaining thing has fucked this up royally. Did he abstain or not vote for SvN?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or did he fall asleep and miss the deadline?

It's not that easy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. We have Boydy (didn't vote, didn't get night kill) - P_3, Panda, Pleb, Demerit (voted SvN, abstained from night kill). With Browning, Igor, Toby and Vim safe. Law of averages says Burnham is one of the four and Boydy is safe.

Could someone try and make sense of the clues? The only one I got was the one for Mahow. It does however sound like Murdoch may have just found Burnham.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seething.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    OK. We have Boydy (didn't vote, didn't get night kill) - P_3, Panda, Pleb, Demerit (voted SvN, abstained from night kill). With Browning, Igor, Toby and Vim safe. Law of averages says Burnham is one of the four and Boydy is safe.

Could someone try and make sense of the clues? The only one I got was the one for Mahow. It does however sound like Murdoch may have just found Burnham.
    Sorry, but why is Browning safe? He wasn't on the list given by Byron, and Burnham got a free kill the other night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Police investigating leads search Burnham and Murdoch homes

Police were last night searching the London residences of Andy Burnham and Rupert Murdoch following leads gained from the arrest of Diane Abbott.

The Met are yet to comment further, but were seen with evidence bags containing a pen and a bra and an ASDA bag.
    What do you think that bold part could be alluding to? Also does this mean that Murdoch knows Burnham's identity now?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    Sorry, but why is Browning safe? He wasn't on the list given by Byron, and Burnham got a free kill the other night.
    Yea, I was wondering that too. That last phase didn't teach us anything as there was no kill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pen + bra + Asda
    Penbraasda
    Panda Bear (s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if that means he's Burnham or Murdoch, but presumably it means he's one of them. A 50:50 shot is probably better than anything else we have at this point, so:

I nominate Panda Bear (first nomination)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be worth a lot more if it weren't a Murdoch.

There is a total of 9 players remaining:
    Boydy
    Browning
    Demerit
    P_3
    Panda
    Pleb
    ---
    Igor--Innocent
    Toby--Innocent
    Vim--Innocent

There were a total of six votes for SvN last round, and no night kill was processed.

In my defence, since I need one now:
    1) If I were Burnham, I would have to be extremely aggressive to try and survive the 8:1 ratio showing at the end of last round. I would have gone for a night kill because the potential Burnham possibilities would have been between me, Demerit, P_3, and Pleb.
    2) I would have killed an innocent, which would have brought this round to a total of eight people. Browning and Boydy would be cleared as innocent.
    3) The number of rounds left in the game would mean that all I would have to do is play an aggressive game, convince the innocent that I wasn't the guilty one of the four, set up the three others for lynches, and use the paired night kills to whittle down three more, which would have left me doing a 1v1--aka, a wolf win.

It's more than a bit of a stretch that it would have worked, but that's the only way I could viably see a wolf winning. I listed two other scenarios earlier too (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showth...ll=1#post13236). The wolf had to have killed last night if he were to have a better chance of sneaking through the game. As we can see, though, there wasn't a night kill.

Basically, a Panda-Burnham would have been playing the game differently.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post

I nominate Demerit (first nomination)

Demerit's been organizing how people vote. His logic has made sense on the surface for the past few rounds because he's been referencing the early- to mid-game, but the terms of engagement have moved on from the contain-and-vote strategy. Since he's been influential in doing so, he's also been influential in diverting attention from himself.

(I'm not actually nominating Pleb.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Or did he fall asleep and miss the deadline?

It's not that easy.
    This could also be a clue for Panda, if people know his history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Panda Bear (second nomination)

Because if he's either Burnham or Murdoch, I have the feeling he's Burnham.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of hours left, not sure who to nominate, any ideas people?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda's all we need. Just second yourself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually will if it gets to 3pm

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Demerit (second nomination, first nomination by Panda Bear)

Would rather that than give Burnham a free kill tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont worry if Panda is either Murdoch or Burnham then I am 100% sure he is Burnham.

I'm on mobile, I cast a vote for Panda I'll format later.

EDIT:

Panda - Demerit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He'll use his media empire to publicly 'investigate' one player per turn, but given that his media empire is run by a bunch of lying bastards, the results of the enquiry aren't always to be trusted."

You people do realize that I may be neither Burnham or Murdoch, right? Just because the anagram was easy to solve (Merse even wrote "and a" twice, which rhymes with Panda), that doesn't mean it's correct. Toby saying that I must be one or the other doesn't make it true given the Murdoch clause.

If all you people are going on is this latest "clue" instead of analysing voting patterns, behaviours, arguments, and winning scenarios (like the three that I've provided), then good luck to the village having any hope winning this beyond blind luck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

May as well one-up Niko and get my SvN seethe out of the way.

See you all at two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you were already in the ever-decreasing pool of players that we still have reason to be suspicious of, so it's not like that clue has gone against our previous thoughts or brought a new suspect into the fold. People had already been nominating you.

It's a fair point that the investigation could be false, so I accept it was sloppy to say you 'must' be one of them or that it's a 50:50 choice, but I see more reason to act on that than other suspicions. Your suspicion of Demerit is just a 'soft' inkling and not really based on anything that stands out. Your rationale for what you'd have done if you were Burnham is interesting but equally makes it look like you thought that through and opted for a bluff rather than the 'obvious' aggressive route.

EDIT: If we trust Vim, and I see no reason we shouldn't, then we're again on a 50:50 chance - in this case whether the investigation is truthful or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It's a fair point that the investigation could be false, so I accept it was sloppy to say you 'must' be one of them or that it's a 50:50 choice, but I see more reason to act on that than other suspicions. Your suspicion of Demerit is just a 'soft' inkling and not really based on anything that stands out. Your rationale for what you'd have done if you were Burnham is interesting but equally makes it look like you thought that through and opted for a bluff rather than the 'obvious' aggressive route.
    Damn right it was sloppy.

I thought out three scenarios, all of which are basically hopeless for Burnham. Bluffing never works in werewolf on this board unless it's some crazy kind of quintuple bluff, i.e. bluffing is a shit strategy. All it is is direct and redirect attention spans, which is what Demerit does.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, I'm going to sit the rest of this out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well everyone pick which one of us it is, then make sure it's at least 6 votes for whoever you choose.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the logic that during Phase 3, we had both 7om and Maz voting for Hammer. Browning also voted for Hammer, meaning that if he was a wolf, the wolves would have had 3 wolves sitting on Hammer, when it would have been best to split it up between the other two lynchees, Mahow and Pepe. I'm convinced he is safe.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame you didn't use that logic when throwing my accusations my way, dickhead.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

I'm a little uncertain about the simplicity of that clue. Only on the basis that I've made up my mind that Panda is a certain role. As Merse wouldn't purposefully lead us to that role, I'm happy enough to vote for him. Adios Panda. You have played really well if you are the last wolf. You should be proud of yourself.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

Landslide. Keep it that way.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda - Demerit

why not

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As we've got 7 voters, I won't bother.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say Panda could switch from himself to Demerit and take the gap back down to 5, then I realised that would only make a difference if he were a spiteful villager.

...maybe you should vote.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it a total rather than a majority of? Even 6-1 would not give Burnham a free kill, in my understanding.

If it does, then I'll vote.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took it to be a difference of 5 votes but it's not very clear.

The post above is a joke, it doesn't make a difference at this point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to vote in case Panda isn't Burnham and there's a night kill tonight and that will clear my name.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, voting is closed?

Unless you guys want to switch, naturally.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merse must be drunk again

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Merse must be drunk again
    Nope - again had an issue to attend to until about 8pm then fell asleep - it's been a long and arduous week!

Jeremy Corbyn sat alone in his cell. He had tried to ignore the outside world ever since his incarceration, but some events had proved hard to ignore.

Banisters were beaten, screams and shouts echoed through the hall. In came fresh meat. Corbyn wasn’t partial to such tribalism, preferring instead to peer out upon those unfortunate enough to join him, regardless of the crime, this was no place to wish upon your fellow man.

Nicola Sturgeon was in a conflicted mood. Reflecting on recent events, she was pleased to know that Corbyn’s removal from the political sphere had further increased support for her party, but she was perhaps the most principled of all in this tale, and the cost of the strengthening of her position saddened her deeply. Her morose contemplation was soon interrupted, by a knocking at her door.

Corbyn found his morning shower to be of great comfort. Only here, even when surrounded by others, could he truly switch off and remind himself of his life outside. Closing his eyes to let the water roll over his face, he blocked out the horror of his new found existence. A strange sharp pain suddenly hit him, in his lower back, then again a little higher, and again. The water at his feet turned red. One of the new inmates had made his move to establish dominance, and Corbyn was his victim. A fit of rage came over Corbyn, perhaps it would only have occurred here – the interruption of his sanctuary that was so precious having brought out some deep, dark rage that had otherwise remained out of sight. He grabbed the shank, a crude effort of a toothbrush and razor combination, his hand ripping with the razor, and began to strike his opponent with his free hand.

The visitor sighed. His task gave him no pleasure.

After some stammering, he delivered his message: Jeremy Corbyn had been attacked and was in intensive care, fighting for his life.

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is it over?

The town.

Really enjoyed it while alive Merse, top effort.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got done in by a fucking anagram featuring "and a" between the words.

Merse, I have an awful admission: in my entire history of playing Werewolf with the TTH community, I have probably read a grand total of four write ups. I mean, I don't even read award-winning, published fiction recommended to me by close personal friends. I just skip through everything to see who dies. I only read your latest Murdoch newsflash because it started with a big bold red title.

So when it comes to clues, hints and other puzzles within Werewolf stories, I don't even encounter them. All my interest is in player actions.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got done in by a fucking anagram featuring "and a" between the words.

Merse, I have an awful admission: in my entire history of playing Werewolf with the TTH community, I have probably read a grand total of four write ups. I mean, I don't even read award-winning, published fiction recommended to me by close personal friends. I just skip through everything to see who dies. I only read your latest Murdoch newsflash because it started with a big bold red title.

So when it comes to clues, hints and other puzzles within Werewolf stories, I don't even encounter them. All my interest is in player actions.
    I'm guilty of playing games like that before too, though I loved Byrons one and GS's Les Mis one for the write ups, others I skip through a bit (as this one would!).

But the Murdoch one's were bloody clues though Panda and the whole point of having an innacurate seer go public is that is was as dangerous to the seers cause if happening on the wrong person as it was beneficial.

Basically, a former premiership footballer mentioned along with SNP news meant one of three players might be Sturgeon - Jimmy, Igor or Demerit.

It was Igor. Jimmy having been dead for about 4 nights and a wolf, meant had you identified it, you'd have been able to take a couple of swings at least.

Ian - Tom Watson, wolf kill night 5
    Hammer - Carmel Nolan - lynched night 1, resurrected night 2, lynched night 3
    Igor Balis
    Panda - Andy Burnham, lynched night 10
    SVN - Diane Abbott lynched night 9
    Byron - Jeremy Corbyn - Wolf kill night 6
    7OM - Michael Meecher (wolf) - Lynched night 6
    Boydy
    Mahow - Boris Johnson, wolf kill night 7
    Vim
    Pepe - Ken Livingstone - Wolf kill Night 3
    Mazuurk - Andrew Gwynne (wolf) - Lynched night 4
    Matt - Kat Fletcher - Wolf kill night 1 *** Kate Hoey (wolf) - sniper kill night 6
    Jimmy Floyd - John Prescott (wolf) - Lynched night 2
    Browning
    Niko_Cee John McDonnell - Lynched night 5
    Cjay - Simon Fletcher, lynched night 7
    P3
    Magic (replaced by Matt, Day 3) - wolf
    Demerit
    Pleb
    Toby

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, thank you for running this edition of TTH Werewolf. It was really appreciated, and from what I've heard from others, you had interesting write ups. Toby was praising the open-ended nature of the earlier ones when we were talking about it earlier.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, the subject matter allowed for the roles and rules I wanted alright, but it isn't half hard to think of what the fuck to write for a supposed political thriller.

Can't off everybody, but sackings and so on are a bit balls too, really.

If I ever do this again, I am definitely thinking a bit harder on the context and potential narratives before I start!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, thank you for running this edition of TTH Werewolf. It was really appreciated, and from what I've heard from others, you had interesting write ups. Toby was praising the open-ended nature of the earlier ones when we were talking about it earlier.
    No worries, glad a few enjoyed it.

Annoyingly I had to go on call this week which sees me lose time and sleep in a big way, so I felt I'd let the quality drop off, again - a few things to learn from a first effort.

Including not to let you sodding ruin it on night one by spotting the list error!

Thank god you mentioned it mind, it would have been unplayable.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned now that Igor Balis was a former Premiership footballer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, thought that might keep it a little challenging that Jay Demerit and Igor Balis were hardly stars of the Premier League. The first time it was mentioned was in the knowledge that Jimmy Floyd would be the first to mind for most people, but he wasn't even being investigated and was none of the characters mentioned. Just wanted to send a cat amongst the pigeons.