User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a battle at times, but finally down to 15 stone (was 16 early November) Plenty of ups and downs in that time, but mostly was stuck at 15'3 until today apparently (despite letting stress dictate my eating habits and eating some terrible stuff this week. Oh well. The journey to 14 begins.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. How tall are you?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6"3.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stuck around 15 stone 4 just now. Yoyoying for a month. Aiming to hit 14 and a half by holiday end of next month then 13 and a half by Barcelona in July.

6"2.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to weigh myself but I'd have to use the scales at the gym which you need to pay for and I'm not that bothered. Could do more harm than good.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think intermittent fasting is for me. I can spread the same amount of calories out over the course of the day and be much happier. Also, I think I'm going to cram all of my exercise in at around 7pm/8pm. This past week I've had no energy to concentrate on uni work.

Maybe it would have worked if I'd given it more time, but I'm not in a position to fuck around at the moment.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had moderate success with the 5:2 diet. Easy to suffer for a day when you know the next day will be alright. Might give it another crack, actually.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try the odd day of not eating if I'm just going to stay in and watch football all day, but I'm only getting about 1,500 calories in a day with weights and going for a run. Reg was right. It probably was a bit much.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go down the starvation/keto route for a bit. I'll basically live off protein shakes and, when affordable, meat. Keto is pretty easy once you get into the swing of things, which I think I may have done already after barely eating at the weekend.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds horrific.

I'm starting an 8 week learn to lift bootcamp when I come back from Marbella in 2 weeks which will take me right up to my Girona/Barca holiday in July.

Did a tester class for it last night and I'm in absolute bits today.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, it probably will be horrific, but it'll be worth it in the long run. Last time I did keto, though, I stopped feeling any desire to really eat and had a steady stream of energy throughout the day while losing weight quickly. You just have to get through the first few days/week. Combining it with exercise will be the tricky bit.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started to plateau a BIT. Not too fussed though cus I was losing weight very quickly - got down from 14 st to 12 st 10ish, pretty consistently at 2-3 pounds a week. Now it is more 2 lbs one week, gain 1lb the next, lose 1 the next week etc etc. Hovering around 12st 6lb for the last few.

By the BMI thing I'm now only 6 pounds from not being "overweight", but that doesn't take into account my huge head, fairly broad frame and having a fairly muscular body for someone who doesn't pump iron, so I'm p content right now.

Had my first real "bad old days" relapse on Monday night - I've basically stopped doing any school-night drinking, and stopped eating shit food after boozing, but I had about 5 pints then got home and had a big slice of carrot cake, and stole two of my mum's chocolate bars....oooops.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've completely given up now as it's far too late to do anything of impact for the wedding.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossed the 50lbs threshold of weight loss from my peak this morning (215 -> 164.6), took about 22 months. Only lost 4lbs in the last 6 weeks because I'm finally skinny / aesthetic enough for girls to like me again, so I've been going out and getting laid. Will probably keep cutting down till 155 just so I can be 'lean' and then clean bulk from there. I'm firmly of the conviction that the only way you can make real meaningful long-term progress on body composition is if you socially isolate yourself for periods of 2-3 months at a time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you can go out and not pile on calories but it's nowhere near as fun. Better to just sacrifice your life for a bit.

Anyway, gym was a lot of effort but not as bad as expecting. I reckon I'll still be able to make progress on main lifts but the accessory work will be hell.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fifteen stone at BELOW AVERAGE HEIGHT must have taken some boozing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to feel the full force of keto now. Last week I was mostly eating at maintenance level (averaging just under) but the last four days I've gone from 2,300 calories to 1,700, 1,200, 1,000 and today I haven't eaten yet but I'll try not to go over 1,000. The improvement has come as I've started running again (after 8 days not doing anything except one badminton session) so that's about 600-700 calories per day too. I haven't felt hungry and its been quite a productive day, so all good here. If I can keep this up I might just be skinny for graduation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This makes me sad. You anywhere near Wycombe Offshore?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? And no, not really.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A diet where you restrict carbohydrates

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And your breath smells like unwashed feet.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    What's keto?
    High fat, moderate protein, low carb.

You're basically carb counting. I keep it under 20g. For meals I just fry up meats with some other little bits. You get to eat delicious food, but just small amounts. Say 500 calories worth of fried pork belly, spinach, an egg and some red Thai paste. That'd be about 3g carbs all-in-all and my main meal. For breakfast I'd have bacon/salmon and eggs, then for snacks a bit of tuna mayo or a protein shake.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    And your breath smells like unwashed feet.
    It can do for some people. I can't tell if mine is a problem (doesn't seem it) and I'm not gonna ask anybody. As long as you drink enough water I'm sure its fine.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a diet about 10 years ago where I basically just ate meat cooked in a George Foreman grill for about 2 months. I lost about 2 stone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's keto?
    Google is your friend.

https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

Or enemy in this case.

Do you still want me to knock something up with you tomorrow? Ever thought of getting a blood test to check your testosterone levels leedsrevolution? You should and im not being a dick. Your face gave it away then the weight gain, low moods and what not. Look up Low Testosterone and see if any applies.

Offshore Toon - stop this shit matey.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just trying to help the guy.
    Was being genuine

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keto is great for losing weight quickly and I won't have to worry about a social life till June so I'm running with it. Once I've shed the fat I'll get in the gym and start a slow bulk.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youre damaged in the head Offshore Toon and I dont like it. Youre a good kid the way you are and its sad that your weight issues has forced you to take such shitty steps.
    The problem I have with it and I can almost detect it in your post is youll see the quick results but not the damage and that the quick results are good ones.
    They arent.

Your choices are your own but I wish it was different for you. Getting fucked on whizz is good for weight loss but you dont jump to that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the damage?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of a ketogenic diet or the your confidence issues due to weight. Why care what people think of you, your fantastic the way you are. Is it because all the uni kids are health kicking it and you feel bigger than them or something?
    Serious question not being a dick

That scares me. Kids will see your weight loss, ask you how and you tell them and then thats how these trends kick start

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have said 'rectal tearing'.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by summsuccess View Post
    Of a ketogenic diet or the your confidence issues due to weight. Why care what people think of you, your fantastic the way you are. Is it because all the uni kids are health kicking it and you feel bigger than them or something?
    Serious question not being a dick

That scares me. Kids will see your weight loss, ask you how and you tell them and then thats how these trends kick start
    Kids aren't really his problem. If it works for him then that's all he needs to worry about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if he lived with Africans and not Chinese.
    Know yoiur neighbour Spike

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kids aren't really his problem. If it works for him then that's all he needs to worry about.
    Thats a selfish way to look at things. Kids will be the ones wiping your old ass in years to come.
    You have to look after the kids or the future is as bleak as an evening in your company from the sounds of it.
    TV on, tv off.
    Send you an email earlier. Sorry if pretending to be you caused you distress.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been active, but I eat too much. I'd be lying if I said I was equally as confident when overweight and when at a healthy weight, but there isn't enough of a difference that its an issue. I've been exercising pretty much every day (sometimes twice a day) whilst at uni and its clearly diet (surplus in calories) that makes the difference. I'm 26, nearly 27, and I want to get to a physical state that I can take pride in. Why? Because why not, and I don't have much longer left where I could realistically claim I'm in my prime so I plan on making the most of the rest of my 20s. Its not that life ends at 30, but around that point you have to start thinking about growing up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I've always been active, but I eat too much. I'd be lying if I said I was equally as confident when overweight and when at a healthy weight, but there isn't enough of a difference that its an issue. I've been exercising pretty much every day (sometimes twice a day) whilst at uni and its clearly diet (surplus in calories) that makes the difference. I'm 26, nearly 27, and I want to get to a physical state that I can take pride in. Why? Because why not, and I don't have much longer left where I could realistically claim I'm in my prime so I plan on making the most of the rest of my 20s. Its not that life ends at 30, but around that point you have to start thinking about growing up.
    Theres no such thing as eating too much espeshially if your always active too. It would be more a case of eating more of the right stuff.

I sense the confidence thing and I imagine its increased tenfold due to younger kids running around campus? Your reason of why not is as good as any but dont be fooled into thinking your prime ends at 30. We have a chap called Terry who comes in and when he started working out he would have been mid 30s, hes been coming since we started and if you saw him now you would think he was in his prime.

I wonder if we could talk away from the forum one day? If not its cool but I do think you could do with some proper guidance.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a selfish way to look at things. Kids will be the ones wiping your old ass in years to come.
    You have to look after the kids or the future is as bleak as an evening in your company from the sounds of it.
    TV on, tv off.
    Send you an email earlier. Sorry if pretending to be you caused you distress.
    I'll take the consequences then rather than worry about other people's kids now. Hopefully I'll still have a TV when I'm sitting in my adult nappy at least.

I've no active email attached to here. Or if it's still live I don't know, or want to know, the password.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plateaued around 12st 5lb for the last month or so, but I've been eating well 75% of the time but eating loads of shit every weekend and drinking more than I should in the week. After years of extremely good/extremely bad dieting and vast weight change, it is quite nice to have a pretty good idea of what I can get away with week to week and not turn into a fat bastard.

The ideal is to get down to just below 12 stone then just fucking stay there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take the consequences then rather than worry about other people's kids now. Hopefully I'll still have a TV when I'm sitting in my adult nappy at least.

I've no active email attached to here. Or if it's still live I don't know, or want to know, the password.
    Thats sad to hear. Other peoples kids or not some of them just dont get a good start and need some guidance.
    As for email neither you or Smiffy accept PMs but I want you both to know Ive stopped now.

I do have to ask though, if you didnt have your TV now do you just read a book or moan about the weather whilst sat in your nappy?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres no such thing as eating too much espeshially if your always active too. It would be more a case of eating more of the right stuff.

I sense the confidence thing and I imagine its increased tenfold due to younger kids running around campus? Your reason of why not is as good as any but dont be fooled into thinking your prime ends at 30. We have a chap called Terry who comes in and when he started working out he would have been mid 30s, hes been coming since we started and if you saw him now you would think he was in his prime.

I wonder if we could talk away from the forum one day? If not its cool but I do think you could do with some proper guidance.
    There is such a thing as eating too much when you want to lose fat. I know what "the right stuff" is too, but I can't afford a lavish diet so I'm sticking to something basic. If I've got plenty of food in the house, I've got plenty of food inside of me.

I don't know why you'd think 18 year olds would reduce my confidence. They're all terrified of everything and have no idea what's going on.

Yeah, I'm only half-serious about the 'in my prime' thing. I don't plan on giving up at 30, but like it or not its a milestone for everybody and seen as a good time to start thinking about a career and a family.

If the conversation is going to be you trying to instil confidence in me and telling me to eat more then I'd rather not. I know what I'm doing and I know it'll work.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats sad to hear. Other peoples kids or not some of them just dont get a good start and need some guidance.
    As for email neither you or Smiffy accept PMs but I want you both to know Ive stopped now.

I do have to ask though, if you didnt have your TV now do you just read a book or moan about the weather whilst sat in your nappy?
    No nappy yet. If I get to that stage then I'd probably just end it if I could. Definitely preferable to a book.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only trying to help matey but if you know what your doing then OK. It will work but it could work better is all I was getting at.
    At least your active which is more than can be said for most

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No nappy yet. If I get to that stage then I'd probably just end it if I could. Definitely preferable to a book.
    We should encourage euthanasia in this country tbh. Starting with that local freaks thread down the page and the benefit scroungers

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats good to hear. I was only offering help so ill shut up now

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gained most of the weight after kicking drugs.
    Preach. What a time it was though

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you're constantly buzzing, do you not end up eating shitloads when coming down/recovering?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pills?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. At least you moved past it. Does it not make you think you should maybe knock booze on the head too if you've had addictions in the past?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Unless you're constantly buzzing, do you not end up eating shitloads when coming down/recovering?
    Not when I was younger no. 20-24 eating was very much just fuel.