Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    In fairness, whether he's right or wrong, it's still ok to be fucked off by it. It's the little things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I'm with Bruh here. Services like that not being available on weekends when people work full time during the week is a pain in the arse.
    Yep, that's what this thread is for.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0208 8584422

They'd probably be interested to know the world doesn't revolve around the sun anymore.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This circle jerk of shitty jokes just because you dislike someone over the internet is beyond played out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you say that it fucks you off?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it does you need to diagnose it today.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yep, that's what this thread is for.
    If Bruh hadn't been the one that posted it this thread would be halfway down the front page by now.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a bit like that at my place, if people want to open bank accounts we generally tell them you'd be better off coming in the week as it's super busy on Saturdays with general account servicing stuff. We can book Saturday appointments, but generally there's a 2 week wait. And you can do it online. It is a bit annoying, but when they start getting all pissy and entitled and say a variation of "I don't want to do it online, I don't want to do it in 2 weeks, I'm busy in the week, I want to do it now", usually about 30 minutes before we close, it takes a lot of willpower to not just tell them to fuck off.

Entitled customers are the worst, and I sometimes struggle to control myself. I had one bloke come in and 4pm on a Friday and say "i've just moved back from the States and want to restore a dormant account".

"sure, feel free to take a seat, but it's pretty busy and we close really soon so you might struggle to get seen. I'll come over and update you in 5 minutes, and if we can't do it today I'll book you an appointment"
    "WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT?"

I just walked off and mumbled to myself "well, because it's like 4pm on a Friday afternoon before a bank holiday, so obviously it's really busy". Unfortunately in my nicotine-deprived, stressed out state I'd underestimated the volume of my voice, and he heard every word. He called my back over and shouted "WELL DO YOU WANT TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE", and I composed myself and said "actually that was incredibly unprofessional of me, I'm really sorry. but I stand by what I said, it is a Friday afternoon and it's bank holiday on Monday so obviously it is going to be really busy. I'll try to make sure you get seen, but I can't really control it. It's up to you what you want to do."

He did get seen eventually, and funnily enough he came over and shook my hand, told me how much he respected my honesty, and apologised for kicking off. He came in another day and told me how I'm his favourite ever person to
    deal with in a bank, and something along the lines of how he'd rather have someone like me on my side rather than against him or whatever.

Honestly I think I got pretty lucky, and hadn't he backed down I'm sure I'd have gotten a pretty heavy slap on the wrist for sassing him. He deffo deserved it though, and part of me sorta regrets not just saying it to his face in the first place.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst by an absolute mile though are the ones who come in every week, and EVERY WEEK say something like "I hate how you do things here now, I'm really thinking about moving to [insert other bank name]" and I just think WELL FUCKING DO IT THEN. Always about something incredibly petty, too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    This circle jerk of shitty jokes just because you dislike someone over the internet is beyond played out.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    If Bruh hadn't been the one that posted it this thread would be halfway down the front page by now.
    And yeah.

It's not even funny.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Getting pathetic now guys.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone else had posted it using those words and that format they'd have got the same response. The fact that Bruh is fully incapable of taking a joke, or even sensing a joke that he didn't make himself doesn't help him any.

Tone it down, Bruh. You're alright when you're not bouncing off the walls.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Well they actually didn't say that they wouldn't, they asked if you could bring it in another day instead and they gave you a perfectly valid reason why it would be an issue. Not like you to fly into a fit of rage at the most minimal of affronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    "You think you can just close at 5 PM? You sold me this car!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    What an entitled little shit.
    "jokes"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    If someone else had posted it using those words and that format they'd have got the same response.
    What a load of bollocks.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, sounds like a shitty garage.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    It is a bit like that at my place, if people want to open bank accounts we generally tell them you'd be better off coming in the week as it's super busy on Saturdays with general account servicing stuff. We can book Saturday appointments, but generally there's a 2 week wait. And you can do it online. It is a bit annoying, but when they start getting all pissy and entitled and say a variation of "I don't want to do it online, I don't want to do it in 2 weeks, I'm busy in the week, I want to do it now", usually about 30 minutes before we close, it takes a lot of willpower to not just tell them to fuck off.

Entitled customers are the worst, and I sometimes struggle to control myself. I had one bloke come in and 4pm on a Friday and say "i've just moved back from the States and want to restore a dormant account".
    They're open 7a-2pm. "entitled customer".... They can run a diagnostic check every time I bring it in to get my oil changed but my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is too much trouble? I've literally had my car there and got my tires changed, got the oil done, had them replace belts in the motor, all kinds of shit... on a Saturday... but magically they can't plug in a handhand device into a car to see why my check engine light is on? I'm not even asking them to fix it.

I can make arrangements if "we have to order the part" or "there's no one there to fix that". I just don't want it to blow up in the mean time but they won't even look at the fucking thing.

And again, I wasn't rude with the guy. The only person I complained to was the "little things in life that fuck you off" thread.

He said is there any other time I can schedule you in? I said "oh, I'm sorry, I have to check because we both work M-F and have to make arrangements. Thank you for your time I really do appreciate it."

For fuck sake.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "jokes"
    That part of my post was referring to your 'shitty jokes' comment that Boydy quoted. Though taking those in order; Phonics has explained why he disagrees with your gripe, and you do tend to fly off the handle pretty quickly, as further evidence by my having to make this post; Mokbull's post is, as always, without content or value of any kind, so nothing to get worked up about there; No defence for Disco, he's having a go.

Your first response to Phonics, by the way, was to ask why he's an 'absolute fucking idiot', so you've fanned the fire from then on.

Calm down a bit and try not to see every post that isn't wholeheartedly agreeing with you as a personal attack. People will disagree, even with the things you're annoyed about in the things you're annoyed about thread.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That part of my post was referring to your 'shitty jokes' comment that Boydy quoted. Though taking those in order; Phonics has explained why he disagrees with your gripe, and you do tend to fly off the handle pretty quickly, as further evidence by my having to make this post; Mokbull's post is, as always, without content or value of any kind, so nothing to get worked up about there; No defence for Disco, he's having a go.

Your first response to Phonics, by the way, was to ask why he's an 'absolute fucking idiot', so you've fanned the fire from then on.

Calm down a bit and try not to see every post that isn't wholeheartedly agreeing with you as a personal attack. People will disagree, even with the things you're annoyed about in the things you're annoyed about thread.
    It's at the stage where most are basically personal attacks though. He can post fuck all these days, no matter how bland it's getting jumped on.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're open 7a-2pm. "entitled customer".... They can run a diagnostic check every time I bring it in to get my oil changed but my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is too much trouble? I've literally had my car there and got my tires changed, got the oil done, had them replace belts in the motor, all kinds of shit... on a Saturday... but magically they can't plug in a handhand device into a car to see why my check engine light is on? I'm not even asking them to fix it.

I can make arrangements if "we have to order the part" or "there's no one there to fix that". I just don't want it to blow up in the mean time but they won't even look at the fucking thing.

And again, I wasn't rude with the guy. The only person I complained to was the "little things in life that fuck you off" thread.

He said is there any other time I can schedule you in? I said "oh, I'm sorry, I have to check because we both work M-F and have to make arrangements. Thank you for your time I really do appreciate it."

For fuck sake.
    That sounds to me like he was just trying to get you in through the week for his/their convenience and if you'd said 'No, I can only bring it in on a Saturday, there's no workaround' they'd have taken it in. Try to find some middle ground in the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing you have going on between reality and online and call them back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor wasn't even talking about you, no need for yet another chimp out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds to me like he was just trying to get you in through the week for his/their convenience and if you'd said 'No, I can only bring it in on a Saturday, there's no workaround' they'd have taken it in. Try to find some middle ground in the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing you have going on between reality and online and call them back.
    Right, which is why I literally said (and have posted ITT before) that I said "Oh no, we both actually work M-F so that's going to be a problem for me. I'll have to call you back and try to make arrangements" as to not be a pushy, entitled dickhead and hope that Customer Service First would kick in at he'd attempt to work with me. He didn't. He said "Okay thanks!"

That fact lead me to being annoyed. The entire point of this thread is literally these type of inconveniences but again, because I basically don't let everyone have a go at my life all day, again here we are overanalyzing a simple situation to find a fault in me.

Fuck off already.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I said was "Why is everyone such an absolute fucking idiot about everything" which was a commentary on the exact behavior that I, and now others, apparently see with all of my posts.

I'm all for everyone having a go but it's when you all expect me to just go "ha. got me again!" every time. I'm not that person and I haven't been in all the years I've posted here.

Either people can start actually making funny jokes or they can expect this every single time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it to the meme thread.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh should do a wdytoe.

Everyone would and we'd all move on happier, together.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Internet shootings / vehicle attacks were a thing we'd all be dead by now.

Well, once he's managed to get his car fixed anyway.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our roundabouts would protect us.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate reading a book, then annoyingly thinking about something else and realising you've read an entire page without taking in a single thing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I hate reading a book, then annoyingly thinking about something else and realising you've read an entire page without taking in a single thing.
    Absolutely. Focus is a bitch.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the main reason I never bother. Happens with every page.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true. It just takes practice though, and the iPhone lifestyle we all live doesn't help

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true. It just takes practice though, and the iPhone lifestyle we all live doesn't help
    I wouldn't be interested enough to practice. With movies and TV it's a a redundant form of entertainment.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    If Internet shootings / vehicle attacks were a thing we'd all be dead by now.

Well, once he's managed to get his car fixed anyway.
    Why's that? I'm quite fond of you all. I wouldn't keep coming back here if I wasn't.

I realize I can be a chore to deal with at times but I'd like to imagine others realize they are also not the prize peach of the lot.

It is what it is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My girlfriend ordered some furniture from a garden centre in April. It cost around £800 and would take up to 12 weeks to be delivered as it is hand made and comes from abroad. This was fair enough as it was half the price of Oak Furnitureland and the same/similar quality.

It should have arrived by early July but nothing happened, and when she phoned them they just fobbed her off a bit. Eventually they got in touch in early August to apologise, said some of the stock had arrived but it won't all be in until the end of August, and she wanted it all delivered together so would wait until then. They gave her a complimentary afternoon tea as an apology. It should have arrived earlier this week but still nothing, and when she phoned they just said that it's still not in and they don't know when it will be.

She's gone in today to talk to them (or tell them she doesn't want it anymore) but they're still fobbing her off a bit saying the same things, and the manager isn't in. I think they've agreed to give her her money back, but surely this is the least they should be doing?

Anyone been in a situation like this, and is there anything else that can be done?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on the other end of that sort of thing on a daily basis. What you do is lie to the customer, often under orders from above.

If they give her her money back then not sure what else can be done.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from getting your money back?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be coming in from China (or similar) so there's nothing they'll be able to do, delays in shipping are quite common. It'll be on a boat or in a container waiting to be processed somewhere, there's not a lot they or anyone else can/will do about that apart from wait.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got your money back, what else do you want? Your arse wiped?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't you people just let people blow off some steam? You don't have to be the fucking center of zen every single day.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those tits that wear beanie hats all the time. Especially driving. Absolute clowns.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't you people just let people blow off some steam? You don't have to be the fucking center of zen every single day.
    If ur free to post mundane annoying shit, then one should be free to shit on you if one feels so inclined. Its not friendship otherwise.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those tits that wear beanie hats all the time. Especially driving. Absolute clowns.
    Beanies are better for the sub 30 age range than any other hat type, and you can still pull off a beanie after that if you're on a jog.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ur free to post mundane annoying shit, then one should be free to shit on you if one feels so inclined. Its not friendship otherwise.
    Except when I do it I'm having a MELTDOWNANWNWNWNWNWWN and when you guys do it it's "jokes amongst friends m8!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have expected anything more than the money back, and quite happy that they're willing to do that. She's been £800 out of pocket for nearly five months though, which is why she's pissed off.

You got your money back, what else do you want? Your arse wiped?
    Cheers for your input Boydy, much appreciated as usual.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except when I do it I'm having a MELTDOWNANWNWNWNWNWWN and when you guys do it it's "jokes amongst friends m8!"
    Because you always catch the bait, lol

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I defended you the other day, dickwad.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should try mumsnet, Scouse.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's normally accompanied by loose fitting tight jeans and some boxers showing, usually comic based. Cunts.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The garden centre probably doesn't have the processes in place to deal with somebody handing over eight-hundred quid. They will have just lost it or blown it on fish food without writing it down.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should try mumsnet, Scouse.
    Yeah I started there.