User Tag List

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1814

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the worst game of the series, bar Gold/Silver, and I can't get hyped for the new one.

I'll download it at some point though because I've committed to a blind soul link with my brother, which given our history will be a complete bloodbath of failure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a Switch game and I'm in.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's coming. This is the end of the road for the 3DS.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    It is the worst game of the series, bar Gold/Silver, and I can't get hyped for the new one.

I'll download it at some point though because I've committed to a blind soul link with my brother, which given our history will be a complete bloodbath of failure.
    Hyped is probably the wrong word, especially for the main games, but I’ve started watching stuff on YouTube again & thinking about teams to build on Showdown, so that’s a bad sign

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is just Sun/Moon with a few extra things? I was expecting it to be a full on sequel or at least a new game. Fuck sake... what a waste of everyone's time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, seems that way

Played about three hours & it's almost the exact same game so far. A lazy rehash of possibly the worst game in the franchise isn't exactly a great idea. I've put the game down multiple times today already & not been back to it for a while, which is unheard of for a newly released pokemon game, so I'm not entirely sure I'll even bother to beat the main story.

Unless you really, really want to have the new UBs, or you didn't play Sun/Moon, it's not worth buying.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you the Soul Link would be a disaster

First attempt and my brother lets his Route 1 Pokemon (Pikipek) die in it's first ever battle meaning we have to try and Solo the trainer school. Would have been fine but the teacher's Rowlett doing 12 damage a turn to my Popplio randomly killed me on 17HP without even getting a crit. We contemplated just carrying on as we would just get back there with the same teams or maybe a better team but it felt wrong so we went through the pain in the arse of trading over our event Rockruffs (which we were not using) and started over.

This time I smashed her Rowlett to pieces but my brother's Litten died to her Popplio after we weren't allowed to use our Route 1 catches as I got a second water type. Turns out he got crazy para-hacks to beat her the first time.... and he retried it 3-4 times after we both agreed we couldn't be bothered to start over, and he lost every time. After all the stick he gave me after that random bullshit hit killed me....

The fight is manageable with Poplio as you can just use Baby Doll Eyes to nullify Rowlett.... but sounds like it's all but impossible with Litten. We may have to consider allowing ourselves a catch in the trainer school or something. It is a bit bullshit that there's 3-4 seemingly different routes that all count as "Route 1". Of course we could carry on this run with the benched Wingull and Grubbin but.... that doesn't sound fun.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could he not just, y'now, level up a bit?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potentially, but it would involve probably an insane amount of grinding on crap level 4 pokemon in the wild as he's not losing narrowly, he's being battered completely. The best solution would probably be to get there with an alternative Pokemon to use, but so far no such luck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a while since I posted here, thought it had died.

Got Ultra Sun the other day and decided to play through with an equivalent "Blue" team. So far, I have Litten, Inkay, and a Marrill which I bred on ORAS and traded up. Recently finished my first ever Nuzlocke on Blue and I'm doing one on Silver. Had to restart the latter because I fucked up after Morty.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potentially, but it would involve probably an insane amount of grinding on crap level 4 pokemon in the wild as he's not losing narrowly, he's being battered completely. The best solution would probably be to get there with an alternative Pokemon to use, but so far no such luck.
    What level was he? I’m sure I was level 10 by the time I left the first patch of grass you can catch stuff in, and that didn’t take too much grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ferguson View Post
    Been a while since I posted here, thought it had died.

Got Ultra Sun the other day and decided to play through with an equivalent "Blue" team. So far, I have Litten, Inkay, and a Marrill which I bred on ORAS and traded up. Recently finished my first ever Nuzlocke on Blue and I'm doing one on Silver. Had to restart the latter because I fucked up after Morty.
    I too have Litten & Inkay. Get yourself the event Rockruff too, then you can have two Pokémon who are cunts to evolve.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Shiny silvally on Pokémon sun moon:

A726LNERNN55WGUP
    Did anyone use this? I can get one more code if anyone’s interested?

Codes are valid for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon ONLY. Codes will not work with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, however if you use Pokemon Bank, the newest update supports USUM and you can transfer your Shiny over via Bank.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean if it’s going I’ll use it. I was going to use the one above but my game needed to update and I couldn’t be bothered.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little while on in Go and I've just done my 3rd Mewtwo raid tonight. 3/3 on catches too.

We had a 250 person strong Discord group for the town and just over 40 got an invite this time around. So far I'm the only person to get an invite in each wave. There's some bitter people about it too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you the Soul Link would be a disaster

First attempt and my brother lets his Route 1 Pokemon (Pikipek) die in it's first ever battle meaning we have to try and Solo the trainer school. Would have been fine but the teacher's Rowlett doing 12 damage a turn to my Popplio randomly killed me on 17HP without even getting a crit. We contemplated just carrying on as we would just get back there with the same teams or maybe a better team but it felt wrong so we went through the pain in the arse of trading over our event Rockruffs (which we were not using) and started over.

This time I smashed her Rowlett to pieces but my brother's Litten died to her Popplio after we weren't allowed to use our Route 1 catches as I got a second water type. Turns out he got crazy para-hacks to beat her the first time.... and he retried it 3-4 times after we both agreed we couldn't be bothered to start over, and he lost every time. After all the stick he gave me after that random bullshit hit killed me....

The fight is manageable with Poplio as you can just use Baby Doll Eyes to nullify Rowlett.... but sounds like it's all but impossible with Litten. We may have to consider allowing ourselves a catch in the trainer school or something. It is a bit bullshit that there's 3-4 seemingly different routes that all count as "Route 1". Of course we could carry on this run with the benched Wingull and Grubbin but.... that doesn't sound fun.
    After this disaster we gave up for a while as we couldn't be bothered, but we're restarted this challenge over the last few days but are taking it very slowly with just a little bit of play each evening.

The first few routes were, once again, a disaster. He KOed the Yungoos he could have got in Route 1 meaning we had to solo the trainer school AGAIN. We trained up a bit higher than usual (14 I think we were) and got through it and our starters had evolved by the time we got to the Smeargle lady. Unfortunately new additions to the team evaded us as two routes running I encountered Abra who teleported away after a great ball failed. When we did eventually add a Drifloon (me) and Zubat (him) to the team they died not long after after his Zubat got hit by Pursuit when he was trying to switch....

The few routes since then have yielded some Pokemon though so we've started to grow our team following the first trial. We've decided on a rule where any duel type Pokemon we catch, we have to decide which type it counts as, and we are not allowed 2 of the same type across both our teams. For example, his Rowlett we quickly declared was a Flying type because most flying types are dual types anyway meaning we could have a better chance of adding to our teams. It's a slightly relaxed version of the usual Soul Link rule (which is the primary type counts) but we've found that way too restrictive in the past particularly when 5-6 routes in a row yield largely the same types of Pokemon (or the same exact Pokemon....). So far with only 1 trial down our respective pairings are:

Brionne (Water) and Dartrix (Flying)
    Diglett (Steel) and Noibat (Dragon)
    Cutiefly (Bug) and Hawlucha (Fighting)
    Flabebe (Fairy) and ??? (he hasn't gotten there yet).

Reserves:
    Zubat (Flying) and Psyduck (Water)

Dead:
    Drifloon (Ghost) and Zubat (Poison)

Genuinely no idea what any of my lot are like. Brionne seems like the best starter to me based on my limited usage of him so far, but we'll see if that holds up later on. I thought Diglett would be a sturdy fucker with the added steel type but he nearly dies to every hit and I can't see him lasting the distance. Cutiefly meanwhile looks like a stiff breeze would kill him but so far seems pretty decent. Could have done with some better type variety though, I'm getting bogged down with Fairy so far (and he's getting all Flying...).

Oh well, we're already further than last time... so here's hoping.

End of Island One Edit:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shiny silvally code says it expires today.

A723TA4NJ2JMSWTS
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 2 totems down and this has been strangely enjoyable... I think this is my new favourite way to play Pokemon and hopefully I can talk him into doing this again when the Switch game comes out.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pain of a starter death

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marshadow code for Pokemon sun or moon expires Feb 23rd:

A72Z-GK9U-KD5T-FUNG
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So “Let’s Go Pikachu” and “ Let's go Eevee” have been announced for the switch which is basically Pokemon yellow but the wild Pokemon system is replaced by Pokemon go mechanics but you actually have a little poke ball to throw around. Not doing much for me but may be the ideal starting point to train my daughter to be the very best.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking lame.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify they are only a spin off, a proper main series game is still coming in 2019.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two 'Let's Go' games look awesome. The kids will love it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be buying it. Looks fun.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a go. The one next year is what I'm really waiting for.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else trying out "Pokemon Quest". It's quite addictive so far, though I wonder how long it'll be til they expect me to start putting money in. So far it's been easy enough to progress without any though, so that's quite promising.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I seem to have hit the wall now, but it's really just a case of waiting for the "battery" to charge so I can play levels. I'm not going to pay for that... I'll just do other stuff and let it charge up.

I've completed the first 3 areas, plus 1 level of Area 4 and Area 5. So far rolling with a team of:

Hitmonchan (HP 88, Attack 782)
    Seel (HP 554, Attack 262)
    Growlithe (HP 276, Attack 552)

Hitmonchan's HP is an obvious drawback meaning he dies quickly, but that attack stat was too good to ignore. The only other Pokemon I've obtained are Charmander (starter), Ponyta, Vulpix, Rattata, Pidgey and Horsea.

It's a good way to kill sometime if you have a Switch, but it's not amazing or anything. Still, can't complain for F2P.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So annoying when you're training a bunch of Pokemon up to around level 30 to get them to evolve and then you obtain a Level 70 Grimer which makes it all rather redundant...

Exeggcute also looks like Hitler in this game so I really wish he was viable in my team because it's hilarious.

Currently rolling with:
    Grimer (1271 HP, 976 Attack)
    Seadra (1287 HP, 837 Attack)
    Onix (1124 HP, 961 Attack)

Considering he's 40 levels above them, Grimer doesn't outclass those 2 by much.... but I'm imaging that'll change when he evolves. Onix is going to stick around long term because one of the 4 areas I can go to now one suggests Rock types and the other suggests Ground types. Unfortunately the other 2 are Electric and Psychic, and I have fuck all to use there (except the Fuhrer, but he'd take a lot of grinding).

Still, good way to waste time, and doesn't actually seem to require money at all unless you want to rush through it in 2 days.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little surprised you're liking it so much.

I looked at the trailer and thought it was laughable.

Considering it's free I might as well jump in.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably don't like it as much as I liked Duel when I started with that, so i can't see me sticking with it anywhere near as long, but I'm entertained enough to probably get through the missions. I doubt very much I'll stick around the complete the Pokedex or anything, but we'll see. It'll probably depend how close I am when I finish the "story".

When you start out the game is generous with how long it lets you play but eventually you hit the wall where you get 5 games and then you have to wait a couple of hours for the "battery" to recharge so you can play more. That makes it very easy to just pick up and play for 5-10 minutes here and there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Switch game looks like a glorified Kanto remake which is

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My God. I just got a Level 69 Machop who has 1177 HP and 1751 Attack.... in 2 levels time when he's Machamp...

Note- The stats I've quoted are with the current upgrade stones or whatever they're called that I've attached. They aren't base stats which would be mental.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck on the boss of the third area (fuck you poliwrath) and I'm currently rolling with:

Rhyhorn (556 HP, 387 attack)
    Vulpix (662 HP, 250 attack)
    Hitmonchan (90 HP, 786 attack)

I also have Charmander (227 HP, 526 attack).

Just got Hitmonchan so trying to level him and I was hoping he'd do a bit better against Poliwhirl but he just keeps dying too quick.

I'm loving the game.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found the key is using at least 1 (if not 2 or even 3) of the suggested types in each area. My Machamp and Muk are easily my best 2 Pokemon but a shitty Starmie/Mr Mime/Exeggutor team made the Psychic area much, much easier.

I also really wanted to use Hitmonchan early on but gave up fairly quickly, he just died constantly.

I've only got the Electric level to clear now before I unlock what I think are the final 2 areas. Unfortunately my Magneton/Electrode are both kinda shit and I don't have a 3rd electric type.

Current Team being used for Electric level:
    Machamp (HP 1955, Attack 2626)
    Electrode (HP 1635, Attack 1976)
    Magneton (HP 1532, Attack 2068)

And they get a bonus of 3605 for having 2 Electric types. Still not high enough for the recommended level though (I'm about 850 short currently).

My best possible team of 3, if all 3 were able to use my best stones (which they can't) would be:

Machamp: 2140, 2870
    Wigglytuff: 3807, 1017
    Muk: 2570, 1928
    Last edited by Browning; 06-06-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I might have gotten away with Hitmonchan at the lower levels as Vulpix and Rhyhorn were tanks.

Beat Poliwrath finally after levelling my team to take them to 2,685 power. Also helped that Rhyhorn didn't die at all this time as Vulpix kept getting a moment alone and Poliwrath would rape her.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhyhorn is supposedly one of the best Pokemon in the game if you can get him Harden with 2-3 slots for share stones.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a level 1 shiny onix.

109 attack and a whopping 606 hp with no stones.

Edit: Just used my bronze pot for the first time. Another shiny onix this time a level 23 with a base attack of 219 and hp of 678. He also has rock tomb compared to the other having roar and iron tail.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 07-06-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use 1 to train the other or to change moves. If any of your moves have 2 or more slots attached to it try and get Harden.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the lesser to train experience :\

Next bronze pot was a good diglett who will be my 4th and I also got a drowsee for free to replace vulpix.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experience is fine, there’s no guarantee of getting the move you want anyway. I made my Onix useless by changing Sandstorm (actually alright) to rock smash...

My Electrode got another HP slot so I’m only slightly under the recommended level. May just go for it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat the electric boss first time. Final area has no bonus type which sucks but looks like it gives access to legendaries. We shall see.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drowsee is fucking boss.

I just took in the boss in area 4 with a team strength of 3834 despite a recommended strength of 4500. Drowsee (level 27, 729HP and 279 attack) didn't only lost about a quarter of his health. He only lost that much because at one point both Onix and Ryhorn were dead at Marowhack.

Edit: He wasn't the boss. The boss has a recommended power of 5400 :\

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mewtwo is the boss I'm up to. I actually did much better than anticipated on my first try (About 4000 under recommended power) and probably did about 70% of his health, but I never really thought we'd pull it off.

Wigglytuff is my 2nd best Pokemon and it's not even close but I don't think Sing works on Mewtwo at all... making him useless as that's his only move. I'm hoping to get something else from my Silver pot that can come into the team and replace him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got another onix but as my main one only has one slot I'm keeping it as rock tomb.

Can I unlock a second move slot?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as far as I know. You want 1 move with 3 upgrade slots if possible though. You make it Harden with 3 sharing stones and then just use him to buff the other 2 who do all the work.

I haven't managed to get Harden on any Pokemon yet, but that's what Reddit seems to recommend as the best strategy, with Onix or Rhyhorn being the best candidates.

That or you can use Barrier on whatever Pokemon has access to it (Alakazam, Cloyster etc).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First try.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sharing stones though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many slots for stones do you have on it?

Should take you quite far. Even my shitty Onix with Rock Smash did a job.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 slots.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out Mewtwo can be put to sleep... and it's damn useful, but I still lost. I guess Wiggly can stay for now though.

My current team rates at 13,786 and the recommended level is 17,500, so I guess a lot of grinding is needed. I could just farm through all my other Pokemon for EXP, but I don't want to, so I will stick to just using duplicates for that. It's not impossible another Pokemon could break into the team when they evolve (I have a pretty decent Magikarp who I would love to evolve to see how good it is...) but unless that happens then these 3 (Machamp, Wigglytuff, Muk) will be the 3 who conquer the game for me.