Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Switch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Fishing is so fucking gay.
    It gets much, much easier. Some types of fish are basically impossible to catch before Level 6 when you get the top Rod available and special traps you can use to make it easier. All you can do is stick with it and catch the easier ones for experience.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after just getting Stardew Valley and dicking around for a couple of days I just realised that the big massive box next to my house is a trash can

Luckily I only threw away grass.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making a killing (well for me) foraging.

90g for a gold leek

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the box you put things in to sell them? You need to be using that every day to make money.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    So after just getting Stardew Valley and dicking around for a couple of days I just realised that the big massive box next to my house is a trash can

Luckily I only threw away grass.
    That’s not a trash can

That’s where you put everything to be sold and you receive the money overnight.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit

Better start over again

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs.

I just got a cat and it's decided to go to fucking sleep right by the door, I can't get to my pissing bed for the night :\

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like this guy:

Can't even use a weapon on the bastard

Edit: Held the direction arrow and after 30 seconds the useless shit finally moved.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Shit

Better start over again
    Shouldn’t make much difference, you can either sell there or in the various shops. Don’t think there’s much of a price difference.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I've got the hang of fishing now.

Just got a regular sunfish, 4 silver sunfish, 2 regular smallmouth bass and a silver smallmouth bass.

Level 1 with a bamboo rod, come at me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, for some reason I still haven't unlocked the mines. I haven't been sent a letter yet saying the avalanche/whatever has been cleared.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added a Sheep and a Pig to my farm.

Just got to save up for a Rabbit and I should have all the animals I need to complete all the remaining bundles.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably doing it all wrong but I'm now level 5 at the mines (I must have missed the letter), fucked up the egg festival but I did buy 14 lots of Strawberry seeds (didn't have more money) and got them planted right away.

5,111g earned still in spring.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have been better off saving the Strawberries for next spring and getting a full month out of them, but it doesn't matter. You should still get 2-3 harvests out of them and make a tidy profit. Crops that keep growing once you harvest them are best planted on day 1. That said if you spent all your cash on them you probably need to harvest them.

I've just finished my second spring today and am saving for a Rabbit. That said I also want to buy the Nursery for my house as I'll probably be married off to Haley soon. Oh and a Horse to get around faster. I still need so much money....

I also need to save up for a better sword so I can tackle the 2nd, much harder set of mines. The morning routine takes so long now with so many animals, hopefully the wife will start pitching in with some of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh for the record the Egg Hunt doesn't matter, the prize is shit. The only festival that matters is the Fall one.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At day 19 of spring now.

I can buy the better rod and I'm thinking of hitting the fish hard to bring in a lot of cash so I can stock up on seeds for Summer so I can plant them on day 1.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably your best bet, while still using crops to make even more money.

Be sure to look into the community centre bundles too, and plan around those so you can try and do the Summer ones this summer, and maybe make a dent on the spring ones with what you have left.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only need wild horseradish but I sold about 10 of them.

Since I met the wizard I've seen none :\

Went all round the forest (usually find them just south of Marnie's house) and finally came across one by the wizard \0/.

HE KNEW.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, there is another Spring bundle, but I forgot you needed to do the foraging one first to unlock it. If you want to know :

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fished up 10 bait.

1: Green Algae
    2: Algae
    3: Algae
    4: Driftwood
    5: Joja Cola
    6: Silver smallmouth bass
    7: Silver smallmouth
    8: Algae
    9: Gold smallmouth bass and treasure chest (emerald, 6 wood)
    10: Gold smallmouth

Fuck the trash.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Ah, there is another Spring bundle, but I forgot you needed to do the foraging one first to unlock it. If you want to know :

Toggle Spoiler
    Don't have a green bean or a cauliflower (but 2 are almost done), got the other 2 in a chest.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost in winter.

Cheese press and mayonnaise machine are a go. As are the barn and the coop. Just need to get animals for the barn.

My silo is full so that should keep me going. I’ve made a shit load of money from crops. I’m going to upgrade the house soon.

Done a few bundles so far and managed to donate 10 things to the museum.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later on you can get a machine that turns fishing trash into items, but so far I haven't got anything great from it, but it's still better than nothing.

I'm really struggling to feed my animals at the moment. I even fenced off a large area of my farm and planted grass in it but it doesn't seem to grow quick enough to even cover the rainy days in summer, let alone get me through the winter. At this rate that'll be another 6 grand or so used on food unless I can figure out how to get more.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get it now but I need an iron bar.

I'm only on level 10 in the mines so I'd have to buy it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely don't bother. The items you get from it aren't worth any serious investment. I'm sure I got mine for free for completing a bundle or something, but they aren't worth crafting.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this actually fun, or is it just OCD grinding through a skill tree? Is there much creativity around farm design etc.?

It sounds pretty interesting, but I'm not sure I need another thing like this eating up my time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very, very similar to the original Harvest Moon games, just more in depth, so if you've played any of those you'll know whether it's for you or not.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Is this actually fun, or is it just OCD grinding through a skill tree? Is there much creativity around farm design etc.?

It sounds pretty interesting, but I'm not sure I need another thing like this eating up my time.
    The latter. Unless you like Harvest Moon, avoid it like the plague.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea what Harvest Moon is. I read the reviews of this and it sounds good, but what you're describing here just sounds like Ass Creed (Farming Edition) in 2D.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in there with Abigail.

She thinks I really know my way around a joystick after helping her done her game (I didn't lose a life, she died about 6 times the useless shit).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later on you can get a machine that turns fishing trash into items, but so far I haven't got anything great from it, but it's still better than nothing.

I'm really struggling to feed my animals at the moment. I even fenced off a large area of my farm and planted grass in it but it doesn't seem to grow quick enough to even cover the rainy days in summer, let alone get me through the winter. At this rate that'll be another 6 grand or so used on food unless I can figure out how to get more.
    I only have 4 chickens but I’ve managed to keep them fed all summer with 12 squares of grass and it’s still going strong. I’ve just been leaving the door open.

My silo maxed out and there’s still loads more grass about, how did you manage to run out?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fine when I only had a handful of animals but now I have (from memory) 7 chickens, 1 duck, 1 rabbit, 3 cows, 1 goat, 1 sheep and 1 pig and they eat it insanely fast. I originally ran out in winter when they can't go outside so you need one piece of hey per animal per day to get through it (and any remaining grass you have outside dies). I think I had 11 animals at that time multiplied by the 28 days of winter would deplete an entire Silo if I had kept it full, which obviously I didn't. Then spring came and I was expecting fields full of grass like when you start the game but I had precious little and they've eaten through most of it. I haven't (yet) had to buy any more grass because the fenced off grass area I made has just about grown quick enough that I can harvest it into hey every now and then, but I'm constantly going down to zero and I'm not convinced it will have grown back enough by the time I hit 0 for me to harvest enough from it. I'm considering instead of my current approach opening the gate and letting the animals eat from my grass field and then shutting it up when it gets depleted. That would give me less control over where the grass is taken from (I like to harvest the middle and leave the 4 corners to grow back out) but ultimately might prove more productive, especially as you don't seem to get hey from every piece of grass you cut.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Level 6 fishing \0/.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post

I enjoyed it when I played on steam though didn’t get too far.
    https://youtu.be/oxDh03tqaoE

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 1 of summer.

Got my copper axe on the last day of spring, as well as a mushroom cave, I've got 14k to buy seeds and my farm will be in the tribune.

Pissed off though as I spent most of my stamina on the last day of spring making a nice big plot for seeds, about 70% of it has turned back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I went a bit overboard.

100 blueberry and 75 melon seeds.

I have no sprinklers yet (no iron) so it's going to take me half a fucking day just to water them and all my energy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11:20am, all watered but I only have 4 energy after eating 2 fish.

I need rain.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you lot put this in the Stardew Valley thread?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fine when I only had a handful of animals but now I have (from memory) 7 chickens, 1 duck, 1 rabbit, 3 cows, 1 goat, 1 sheep and 1 pig and they eat it insanely fast. I originally ran out in winter when they can't go outside so you need one piece of hey per animal per day to get through it (and any remaining grass you have outside dies). I think I had 11 animals at that time multiplied by the 28 days of winter would deplete an entire Silo if I had kept it full, which obviously I didn't. Then spring came and I was expecting fields full of grass like when you start the game but I had precious little and they've eaten through most of it. I haven't (yet) had to buy any more grass because the fenced off grass area I made has just about grown quick enough that I can harvest it into hey every now and then, but I'm constantly going down to zero and I'm not convinced it will have grown back enough by the time I hit 0 for me to harvest enough from it. I'm considering instead of my current approach opening the gate and letting the animals eat from my grass field and then shutting it up when it gets depleted. That would give me less control over where the grass is taken from (I like to harvest the middle and leave the 4 corners to grow back out) but ultimately might prove more productive, especially as you don't seem to get hey from every piece of grass you cut.
    Managed to buy a second silo on the last day of summer so was quite chuffed and went and bought two more cows.

Forgot it takes two days to build so that’s all that beautiful grass fucked

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started a thread as requested, so let's move over there. A second Silo is a good idea though if you can fill it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God imagine Nintendo weren't absolute dogshit at the internet this could be the greatest console of all time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blossom Tales looks good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when's this Metroid game that everyone is having a massive fit over it coming out then?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleb, you play Hollow Knight, right?

Yay or nay? Apparently it's coming out in a month or 2 for this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an incredibly mediocre one of those. You've played them a million times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Pleb, you play Hollow Knight, right?

Yay or nay? Apparently it's coming out in a month or 2 for this.
    Yay.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dark Soldier how the fuck do I challenge you to a shinethief battle thing? Seems to be no way of me requesting a match with you despite being friends with you and both of us playingnthe game right now. Load of wank.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    @Dark Soldier how the fuck do I challenge you to a shinethief battle thing? Seems to be no way of me requesting a match with you despite being friends with you and both of us playingnthe game right now. Load of wank.
    Fuck knows mate, I'll dig into it when back from work tomorrow. Couldn't see the screen so switched it off.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 on the Switch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mario Tennis.