User Tag List

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I'm not sure what your first question is but for the second question if you click the world icon then transfers then filter by youth intake you can see the recently generated players that month around the world.
    Cheers. That said, I've already demonstrated that I can't look after my own youths so I probably should stay away from everyone elses

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fucking freeze crash. Is nobody else ever getting them? I must need a better laptop.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were five points clear at one point but four defeats in five cost us in February. Twelve months ago Portsmouth finished top of League Two with ourselves in second place. Bristol Rovers ended up winning the play offs after finishing third. We're on for a repeat (almost)?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had expected to have been long gone from Tranmere by now so if there's an offer for a bigger club then I imagine I'll end up going for it. It's been a solid rise however given the club were struggling when I took the reigns, we narrowly missed out on promotion in 2016/2017 before landing the title the following year setting numerous records along the way. Portsmouth finished top the year later but we were right behind them as the next best. League One predictions looked grim initially with us being tipped to finish 19th but we surpassed that and then some. In truth we should have done so weeks beforehand but we threatened to undo our work, pulled it together by virtue of having 4 home games in our final six and in the end that proved to be enough.

Despite the rise I'm just not feeling it with Tranmere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an idea. Let's build a smaller stadium than the one we occupy...

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just lost me the title on goal difference to Spurs on the final day of the season

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019/20.

Competitions:

Transfers:

Player/Finance summary:

Squad Stats:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles what's your lineup / tactic?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Berahino is trying to force a move to Man City and as he has a release fee of £27mil I can't do much about it

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Giggles what's your lineup / tactic?
    I'll upload a pic of both later but it's basically rotating between a narrow 4-2-3-1 and a variation of DS' mad tactic into a 4-3-1-2.

Back 5 is nearly always Forster, Jonny, Dedoncker, Van Dijk, Cedric, and up front is always Berahino. Everything in between rotates.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you lot have a hard copy or use Steam for this? I'm going to get it.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I bought through CDKeys and activated through Steam. I think someone mentioned earlier that Tesco have it as cheap now though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome on the wagon, Scouse

FM this year if fucking rocking it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally got into a game playing as Dortmund (needed some good players under me I think). Mass moaning is still a bit of an issue, there are some people starting more than half the games who are asking to leave for first team football. I managed to offload Papastathopolous, Castro and Schmelzer in January and went to Southampton for a DOUBLE SWOOP of Virgil van Dijk and my old mate Targett, and I also brought in Josip Drmic for what seemed a snip at £10 million, as we have no cover for Aubameyang, and also Bazoer from Ajax.

We're in 2nd place about 5 points off Bayern, who will probably win it but we're improving as the season goes on, which makes a nice change, and also 1-0 up going back to Arsenal in the CL knockout round. Germany is quite a fun league, some pretty friendly teams in the league and open football.

Team is at full strength:

GK Burki
    DR Passlack
    DL Guerreiro (who is amazing, my best player really)
    DC van Dijk
    DC Ginter
    MC Weigl
    MC Bender / Bazoer
    AMR Dembele
    AML Reus
    ST Aubameyang

Think we should be able to challenge Bayern at some stage with this sort of side, unless they embark on some PSG spending antics.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bazooer is great. Though he's moaning about not making enough. He's on a 90k / week wage at 21, which I think is damn well sufficient. To I told him to GTF.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hard copy still uses steam. It just installs rather than downloading the files.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Welcome on the wagon, Scouse

FM this year if fucking rocking it.
    If I had the time I imagine I'd still play it quite religiously, and I've been getting the itch recently.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The hard copy still uses steam. It just installs rather than downloading the files.
    I'm going to be switching laptops at some point so probably best getting the CD. Or do you just download it to your steam account and then you can access it across systems?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick with steam I reckon, CD's are pointless these days given how many updates follow. You can save games to the cloud and access it on another system Scouse but you'll still need steam regardless.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam Cloud saves FTW (although you'll need to duplicate the badges/kits etc. to the new machine).

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK the CD release is just a steam installer on the disc. I'm sure my disc copy of FM2015 was like that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you do the non Brexit thing again, DS? I've had the hard one again and tbh it's ruined this save for me. Stuck at Tranmere and hating every second of it but I figured if I powered on I'd hit the "zone" again. It hasn't come. League One was a right slog just to save starting again.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit the agreement in the advanced editor, then just change the settings. I set it to happen in 2100, or you can change percentage odds, the whole agreement, when it kicks in etc.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the hardest Brexit anyone's seen? I'd love to see what happens long term in a Nick Griffin 4 PM type scenario.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 'hard Brexit' I think. Getting rid of squad players became very easy though as the available pool became much smaller. The whole world is like South America pre Brexit when it becomes to signing new players. I have managed to get a few dubious transfers through though. I think hey must qualify for that 'special talent' rule or what ever it is. I thought it was shit at first, but I'm quite enjoying it. Would have been shit if had still been in the lower leagues when it hit though as my core didn't include that many internationals.

edit: One of my best players is called Matheus Perreira I luckily managed to get in before Brexit and he has averaged an assist or a goal a game since joining me in January 2018. Still no caps for him with Brazil at 25 despite being PoF last year in the Premier league. He cost 4 million from Sporting. Don't think I've ever got a winger to perform with such consistency.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life with Bolton has been pretty great. League 1 and Championship titles were followed by a League cup title and an Europa League title before I finally finished a season without a trophy in 2020/2021 (I did have an odd bug that was fixed for this season where I missed the domestic cups last season and the FA-cup for two seasons. They just never started or claimed I had taken part but I couldn't access any game data). I'm now in 2021/2022 and this is finally the year it seems I will be able to mount a serious title challenge. I am struggling with similar problems to P3 where I absolutely hammer teams and then lose 2-1 with them scoring with every shot. Luckily it has still been within reason and doesn't happen every week, but when you hit run of those kind of games murdering everyone seems like a valid option.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any patches/packs or anything that I need to download at first? Obviously anything official and then I'd like the badges, proper league and cup names, face packs etc. I assume the lower leagues in England are already done but the Premier League ones will need downloading.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any patches/packs or anything that I need to download at first? Obviously anything official and then I'd like the badges, proper league and cup names, face packs etc. I assume the lower leagues in England are already done but the Premier League ones will need downloading.
    Go on https://sortitoutsi.net and fill your boots

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worth paying a sub too as downloading there is awful if you don't.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've been a member at sort it out si for yonks. Not sure I've ever paid though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words were had at half time.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bebe & Pato. What a front line.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New favourite player

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    New favourite player

Him and Benny would be some pair of wingers.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Worth paying a sub too as downloading there is awful if you don't.
    My "lifetime" premium account is no longer premium so screw em.

For team badges you can download the Metallic Logos Megapack here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...CCDF4766F9CD3A

(Download everything except the TCM17 one, as they're another type of [inferior] logos.

Couldn't find a mirror for the facepack though, soz.
    I'm a twit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally left Tranmere but it took loading Scotland's SPL to find a viable move. On offer was Everton who had just been relegated from the Premier League (too big a jump imo and not a club I could build on), Portsmouth who lost out in the League One playoffs (but that would have meant another season at in FL1 which is a grind), Birmgingham and Leeds both finished just above the Championship relegation zone but I've managed both fairly recently so I wasn't feeling it, a move abroad after limited success with Rovers didn't seem plausable either.

So it's off to Glasgow for a couple of years in a bid to dethrone Celtic with Rangers who have finished 4th, 3rd, 4th and last seasons calamatous 9th place finish since returning to the SPL. I've been handed a three year deal so I'm hopeful we can end Celtic's dominance but it may take some going to stop them reaching a perfect ten league titles by the end of this season.

Season 16/7 - Finished 7th in Vanarama.
    Season 17/8 - Finished 1st in Vanarama and lifted the Buildbase FA Trophy
    Season 18/9 - Finished 2nd in League Two
    Season 19/0 - Finished 1st in League One

Tranmere return to the Championship for the first time in twenty years but I don't expect them to last more than a season given the state I left them in. I wanted to leave in 2019 but stuck it out another year without investing in the future. The club blatantly isn't ready for the division and I'd be surprised if they don't finish last.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2029/30 season:

Transfers in:

£2.2m.

£925k.

I can't see either of them getting anywhere close to the first team but I think I can make some money on them through loans and eventual transfer fees out. Second one looks pretty trash (I don't know why I bought him) but I'm sure I'll make decent money on him.

Domestic:

Easy again, just like always.

Europe:

Thought we were fucked when we drew United in the first knockout round but we just sneaked past them (and City) in a bit of an up and down showing in the Champions League. I thought we had it in the bag when we drew Benfica, we had never played them but I thought we'd be able to dominate the game as they're only really powered by two amazing strikers. Sadly their strikers (who both got 14 goals in the Champions League this year) were too much for us to handle.

A bit disappointing that we've won 1 and lost twice in the final now as we're so much better.

Squad stats:

Kone and Zimmer did well filling in for the recently departed Ndiaye but neither really took that position for themselves. Hopefully that will change next season.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never did this work permit thing before. Am I completely wasting my time with Colidio loaning him to the Spanish league? Is it only international games that have a bearing?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it takes two years for South American's in Spain. Colidio is definitely worth the bother though, I only wish I kept the save I had him on to see what he turned out like.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know how to get rid of the pre match video?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Never did this work permit thing before. Am I completely wasting my time with Colidio loaning him to the Spanish league? Is it only international games that have a bearing?
    Go into his player information and it'll tell you how long he needs to spend there to get a passport. He's also more likely to play international games and get a permit that way if he's getting club football, so either way he's better off on loan.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Go into his player information and it'll tell you how long he needs to spend there to get a passport. He's also more likely to play international games and get a permit that way if he's getting club football, so either way he's better off on loan.
    531 days to go. I think I might have a year of his deal left then.

Also, Sterling preseason broken leg. 7 months

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new game with El Eljido in Segunda B.

Going well so far, we were predicted 18th as just promoted. Sitting about 3 points off the playoffs with 15 games to go. Never properly managed in Spain before, can attract a surprisingly decent level of talent that far down.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know how to get rid of the pre match video?
    +1

Sick of clicking skip when they're walking out and shaking hands.
    I'm a twit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder at times if you all play a different game to me.

Go to preferences > match > in-match > untick "show pre-match introducton".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new game with El Eljido in Segunda B.

Going well so far, we were predicted 18th as just promoted. Sitting about 3 points off the playoffs with 15 games to go. Never properly managed in Spain before, can attract a surprisingly decent level of talent that far down.
    Spain would be my 'go to' country if you didn't have to have release clauses in every contract. You have the big boys, Madrid, Atletico and Barcalona, the not so big but big enough in Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla then there's the middling clubs. All is fine until Toledo make it big. Right up there with Slough that shithouse of a club. Slough? Yes. It matters not what management game, what save or what club I manage, if I ever face Slough, I know I've lost. It started on the Amiga game, can't remember which but results came through on a fax machine I think, straight through from PM98 and onwards.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I wonder at times if you all play a different game to me.

Go to preferences > match > in-match > untick "show pre-match introducton".
    We do, yours has the pre match introduction button unticked.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Spain would be my 'go to' country if you didn't have to have release clauses in every contract. You have the big boys, Madrid, Atletico and Barcalona, the not so big but big enough in Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla then there's the middling clubs. All is fine until Toledo make it big. Right up there with Slough that shithouse of a club. Slough? Yes. It matters not what management game, what save or what club I manage, if I ever face Slough, I know I've lost. It started on the Amiga game, can't remember which but results came through on a fax machine I think, straight through from PM98 and onwards.
    I've just been sticking in 5m release clauses, they ask for an extra 5% pay rise or £100 more wages but well worth it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The benefits of setting up properly before you lose yourself. Mahow's save would do my tits in without changing the German clubs for example. The Brazilian clubs reverting to three letters is enough to start over for me.