User Tag List

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In season seven and if that goes through it'll be the second board takeover of the save. Who'd have thought the third biggest club in Belgrade would be such a magnet for businessmen?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably Novak needs to focus on his upcoming trial in The Hague.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on that picture I was thinking he might have to concentrate on his Monaco investment under the name Rybolovlev, but I prefer that.

@Smiffy I've just renewed Slobodan Belic's contract at Christmas in the season you've played of this save, and while he hasn't had as much football as you gave him he's had plenty and has signed on a £3.5k a week deal as a first teamer. Did you offer him that mental deal just to be seen reverting to type?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    [image]

Slobodan Belic has had a decent week. Maybe dropping people as a vague, unspecified punishment for underperformance actually works.
    I'd like to know if this is true. You definitely benefit from continuity in team selections defence-wise, so there may be other things like the above.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Based on that picture I was thinking he might have to concentrate on his Monaco investment under the name Rybolovlev, but I prefer that.

@Smiffy I've just renewed Slobodan Belic's contract at Christmas in the season you've played of this save, and while he hasn't had as much football as you gave him he's had plenty and has signed on a £3.5k a week deal as a first teamer. Did you offer him that mental deal just to be seen reverting to type?
    I don't think the deal I offered was mental, was it? I can't even check as I haven't been able to locate any of my saves since the last update. They are in the 'games' folder but they don't show when the games actually loaded. I was going to start again but playing the season you just completed is a bit shit. Currently got a new save on the go but only into my third season with Tranmere of all people. Sunday League rep and they're the first to offer a job? Get outta it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £35k you offered him, that's pretty mad considering the league and the fact that John got him for 10 times less.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City put a bid in for him at the time I think so maybe that has something to do with it? I wouldn't be overly surprised if it was entirely me though.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy days.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Brexit announcement confirmed the end of the Bosman ruling, but it's January and I can offer pre-contracts to anyone outside England as usual.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got FM17.

Starting with Liverpool because why the heck not.

Made a tactic without strikers and training Studge to be an SS ASAP.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have a CM on support and one on defend then your wing backs on attack.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can you find rules and windows for other leagues? I've just signed an Argentinian youngster but I need to loan him out for Work Permit purposes. I've Rayo as an affiliate but when I try to loan him I'm told that Rayo can't loan outside the window. It's Jan 2nd, do all the leagues not have a window?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to have the league loaded - if so, click on the main league table page, then general>rules or something like that. It has the transfer window dates listed.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to open a week or so later. He's there now, not sure how long it'll take but hopefully it's worth it. The next Jorge Valdano apparently and was €9m from Boca.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never ever manage to get kids properly developed. I don't know what it is.

I'm leaving training setup to my Assistant, is that stupid? I'm always at good clubs though and my assistants are always ace. And I tend to assign them the role/position I want them in myself anyway.

I just seem to struggle to find enough space to rotate in a 16- or 18-year-old in my Team. The fringe spots for my squad, those that get 15-20 games a year tops, is usally reserved for 20-21 somethings (like Borthwick Johnsson or Ze Gomes right now), or the aging fuckers who are a little too good to just drop (like Mata).

I mean I still have to win games as well.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'd have a CM on support and one on defend then your wing backs on attack.
    We'll see. I wanna play like Klopp gets them playing, where the front five do everything.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay lads, this was the first year I was going to miss but the wife bought it as a present.

What's the verdict, any good?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at the two FM threads running. This one will surpass the other little over two months after coming out.

Also, we've answered the question about ten times to ten different people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got hard Brexit again. FML.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I can never ever manage to get kids properly developed. I don't know what it is.

I'm leaving training setup to my Assistant, is that stupid? I'm always at good clubs though and my assistants are always ace. And I tend to assign them the role/position I want them in myself anyway.

I just seem to struggle to find enough space to rotate in a 16- or 18-year-old in my Team. The fringe spots for my squad, those that get 15-20 games a year tops, is usally reserved for 20-21 somethings (like Borthwick Johnsson or Ze Gomes right now), or the aging fuckers who are a little too good to just drop (like Mata).

I mean I still have to win games as well.
    Train them in a role from an early age. So CB is a Central Defender or a Ball Playing Defender, CM with whatever specific role your first team uses etc. Get them tutored by high determination seniors. Play them in the League Cup, even if its off the bench, or shit tier FA Cup games. Youth can get a solid attribute bonus just from a small sub appearance, you'll notice their info will say 'delighted to break into the match day squad' after a debut. This seems to make them work harder.

Then, when 18 or 19, if they're not set for even a back-up role in your squad, loan them to clubs in leagues you have loaded. Check out the facilities of the clubs you're gonna loan them to. As an example I loaned my Serbian CM/AMC to West Ham for two seasons as he wasn't good enough for my side. Came back at 22 years old as a world beater:

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Okay lads, this was the first year I was going to miss but the wife bought it as a present.

What's the verdict, any good?
    Not worth it over FM16. Very little has changed, some things are worse.

Only saving grace is how coach suggestions are done now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Train them in a role from an early age. So CB is a Central Defender or a Ball Playing Defender, CM with whatever specific role your first team uses etc. Get them tutored by high determination seniors. Play them in the League Cup, even if its off the bench, or shit tier FA Cup games. Youth can get a solid attribute bonus just from a small sub appearance, you'll notice their info will say 'delighted to break into the match day squad' after a debut. This seems to make them work harder.

Then, when 18 or 19, if they're not set for even a back-up role in your squad, loan them to clubs in leagues you have loaded. Check out the facilities of the clubs you're gonna loan them to. As an example I loaned my Serbian CM/AMC to West Ham for two seasons as he wasn't good enough for my side. Came back at 22 years old as a world beater:

Cheers thats helpful. I guess often my squad is a bit too big and full with actual stars, so league cup appearances are often used to keep some of the divas pleased. I do loan out my players all the time but they never seem to develop all that much when I do.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Determination don't actually do dick for training, does it?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Determination don't actually do dick for training, does it?
    It can. I had an 8 determination striker who barely developed for two seasons, whilst my 20 determination striker is an absolute fucking beast in that same time frame. Hidden stats are VERY important though, Ambition especially. Low determination and low ambition and they may never hit that potential.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That all sounds like too much hassle. Can letting the Assman do it all and just picking a different focus each month keep it ticking over ok?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno,I only let my assman manage friendlies, and some press conferences, nothing more. Its literally a case of making sure every category in the u18s training is 4 star if you can, then setting them to train a role. Once that's done you can leave it be, takes about ten minutes tops.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno,I only let my assman manage friendlies, and some press conferences, nothing more. Its literally a case of making sure every category in the u18s training is 4 star if you can, then setting them to train a role. Once that's done you can leave it be, takes about ten minutes tops.
    No way does it take 10 minutes if you've to try fire and hire the coaches in the first place. I don't know either what attributes I need for each coach or how you train roles. My training seems to be set up by 2 Fitness categories, 5 General, and 2 Goalkeeping, none of them are 'roles'.

EDIT: I can't even actually see the U18 training anywhere. I can see the coaches from the Staff screen but that's about it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ lad

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click on your U18 squad and it says training right at the top.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ lad
    Tell me then. Where's the roles here and where do you get to the U18's? Or is all the training for all the players?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go the 18s squad and then training drop down

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Go the 18s squad and then training drop down
    Cheers, I see it now. It's a bit poorly designed that you can't get to training for all squads from the big Training tab in the left menu.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go ya daft wee spastic:

Under 18s screen > Training drop down menu > coaches.

Leads to this:

Back on training drop down menu > individual:

Notice position/role column. All my top youths are trained in a role, so CF etc. My shit youths are just left as is. If you think its gonna be a chore to set each one individually, if you have say seven CDs you want to train as a Ball Playing defender, use control plus click on each defender and you can change all seven to BPD training at the same time. It'll look like this, five players all highlighted, so I can set their training to the same if I require:

It takes feck all time. As for knowing what stats are right for coaches, there's drop down menus on their profile screens. For example, David Villa is my u18 4 star shooting coach:

So setting the little drop down menu next to Coaching on his profile to Shooting highlights the stats needed for that style of training.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the players are set to be trained in the roles rather than the coaches being set to coach the roles?

And I still stand by the way you find U18 (and U23) training is stupid in that you have one overall umbrella Training tab on the left and only senior training is included there.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my centre forwards training as Complete Forwards will find their stat boosts scattered primarily between the important attributes for that role, whereas training as just a SC will see slower growth and a more scattershot approach as to what attributes are improved. Training by role allows a more focused style of training, and lets your youths develop into the roles your first team uses.

Also make sure the youth teams play the same formation as your senior squad so as/if the youth break through, they'll understand the tactics.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know I could set the U18 tactics. To be honest that's the first time I've seen the U18 squad in about 2 seasons. I normally just renew/not renew their deals based on the stars on the list for renewals. Then let them auto promote to the U23's based on age and then give them a chance in the first team squad if a big club has ever loaned them. There's too many attributes to get a handle on if they're actually good or not at quick glance, requires too much study and time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's second nature to me now but I've been doing the same for years so it's almost automatic. Youths may still not develop as there's many factors involved but I've found setting it up that way gives them the best possible chance.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's second nature to me now but I've been doing the same for years so it's almost automatic. Youths may still not develop as there's many factors involved but I've found setting it up that way gives them the best possible chance.
    How accurate are the six star coach reports on your own squad?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very accurate now. With new signings it takes a while but if you have a player for three years or so your coaches will know them inside out and give fully accurate reports. I find the odd youth fluctuates between potential stars sometimes.

Always get the reports from your best coach and/or scout. You can change staff member on the report screen of each player, there's a drop down menu.

Your team's rep getting stronger, or squad improving will see stars change too, as the potential of a youth will be against current team members, or the calibre of player you can attract. Hence you make United the best team in the world, it's rare to find four or five star potential youths as they'd have to be Messi level.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished my second season with Brighton.

Toggle Spoiler

Delighted with that!

The Squad:
    Toggle Spoiler

Fixtures:
    Toggle Spoiler

Transfers: (went all in on spending that Premiership cash.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @John, or anyone else for that matter. Fancy doing the Queen's Park save?

I'm tempted, but could do with the morale support of others joining in for the early slog.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean? A pass the parcel game with Queens Park?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, just all start separate games with them and see how we do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm game. I assume the same set up/save for all?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of youths, this has just came up. I always hear you lot say about youth intakes, so how do I go now and see them for other teams now? Also, is there a quick way to see what other teams ones are good?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost 2-1.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £40m and Mignolet for Donnarumma?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Speaking of youths, this has just came up. I always hear you lot say about youth intakes, so how do I go now and see them for other teams now? Also, is there a quick way to see what other teams ones are good?

I'm not sure what your first question is but for the second question if you click the world icon then transfers then filter by youth intake you can see the recently generated players that month around the world.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also click on the country/club/league > Transfers > Youth Intake to see for specific places.