User Tag List

Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Train him to play in the centre of midfield and throw him in. If his stats are suited to playing there he'll perform anyway until his familiarity with the position catches up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's basically the same Problem I had with Mata, Phonics. He's essentially a bit too good to not cater the tactics around to some extent, and that shit pisses me off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't have drawn Ajax or PAOK? Ugh.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - don't players become like 10% worse in attributes if you retrain them to a new position?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really fucks me off that they write Inter with capital letters for some inexplicable reason.

It's like the one retard in class who just can't be like the others.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, it's seriously annoying.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shit PA.

Fuck you Charlotte, I want nothing 'social'.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    John - don't players become like 10% worse in attributes if you retrain them to a new position?
    They do not.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did that used to be a thing? I'm sure I've heard that before, or something like it affects their PA.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    That's crazy Wullie!

Can you get rid of the fake German names on Touch? @Giggles?
    Had a look about some forums this morning and you can edit some stuff for touch if it's on a PC but not if it's on Android/iOS.

I hate having it unrealistic so I think I'll buy the full version. Anyone know the best place to buy?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It uses PA to have a player improve their weak foot, but I've trained loads of players in new positions and if it does use ability points it certainly isn't as drastic as ten percent.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely fucking seething.

We're regulars in the Champions League now, having just qualified for our first knockout match and we've got £25m in the bank. The fuck lads? The fuck?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It uses PA to have a player improve their weak foot, but I've trained loads of players in new positions and if it does use ability points it certainly isn't as drastic as ten percent.
    Hmm OK. I always seem to see red arrows all over when I retrain people, but it could be purely coincidental, and besides if it's only 5% it might be worth it.

I'll try retraining Mata and see what happens. He shouldn't be able to improve any more, and he's still young enough not to have much natural decline yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 games into the Championship season and there's just six points separating 11th place Bolton and 3rd place Wolves. QPR look set to run away with it as they are already 18 points clear of everyone.

We're definitely good enough for a stab at the playoffs, it's hard to gauge Burnley at the moment as they've just lost three of their last four league games but all were sandwiched between an EFL semi final and an FA Cup tie plus replay. We've got them next so hoping it has worked in our favour.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tactical question, when playing narrow formations like everyone seems to be doing, do you have fairly high Width to still get some spread of your players, or do you literally just pack the middle with players by having both a narrow formation and no width?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it does use a certain amount of PA to retrain but haven't seen it have a massive effect. It's certainly not a percentage of their existing attributes decreasing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started the season losing 2-0 at home to Huddersfield and 1-0 away to AFC Wimbledon who are now two divisions lower, so I decided to be a little less rigid as clearly relying on the defence won't cut it this year and we're not scoring as it is. The decision was kind of validated in the next game as I lost 6-5 at Forest.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I think it does use a certain amount of PA to retrain but haven't seen it have a massive effect. It's certainly not a percentage of their existing attributes decreasing.
    So then, what about a player who has reached their max?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CDkeys are €26.99. Anyone see lower?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    So then, what about a player who has reached their max?
    I think they die.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had this fucking geezer through in my latest intake.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iirc, what happens when you retrain position is a certain amount of stat points will be diverted to attributes more specific/central to the role/position. See my converted right winger into a full back. On Genie Scout when I signed him, he had potential 17 dribbling and 9 tackling. He now has, after retraining, potential 16 dribbling and 11 tackling. His vision potential and a couple others have decreased too. This is all based on a wonderkid though, not an established player.

I think a lot of confusion comes from FMRTE, where if you give, say Mata 20 in CM, his stats will almost instantly show red down arrows as the game doesn't expect him to fulfill his new role overnight, so it looks like he's become a lesser player. I believe it evens out over the months. Similar to how only certain attributes can be edited in FMRTE without other stats taking a hit. A player only has so many attribute points at any stage so to go over can be a fuck.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That all makes quite a lot of sense really.

So it's prolly bullshit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway this happened:

Tactic is quite OP. Here's how its set-up (for Maz mainly):

We got the tiniest of bumps in reputation, which means we're now only 3rd favourites to be relegated this season. As per, my options in the transfer window either wanted too much in wage (I refuse to pay anyone over £40k a week currently) or were quite shit, so we're essentially Regen United now. My main signings:

£20mil up front, £20mil over add-ons from Bayern. Pjaca went back to Juve, and I badly needed an out and out DLF to partner Clough and he was the absolute best option. Starter.

£10mil up front, £8mil add-ons from Guadalajara. Fucking beast of a CM. Starter.

Scouts raved over potential, so he's a back-up. £7mil from Kobenhaven.

Main out was Pasalic:

Signed for £3.5mil 12 months ago, shone as a rotational CM, and left for PSG for £14mil. Tidy profit.

Bank balance is very good, and we're still in the green on a monthly basis.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And literally this minute I've sold that converted winger/full back. Pissed and moaned every transfer window about wanting to be sold to Arsenal/Chelsea/City, so I listed him and he's gone to Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship for £18mil

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John

Love it when a player comes through the academy like that. I just had a 6'7" keeper come through at Wexford who looks like he could be great for this level in future. I decided to try and blood him early so in pre-season I sacked off my reserve keeper and the academy kid is now on the bench for every game.

Got home last night and was quite excited to pick up where I finished off on Monday where we started the league with three wins in three games. Last night was played five, lost five. Proper disheartening, so I'm going to have to have a good think about how we can stop this nose dive.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing with FM, you won't need to think. When you restart you'll probably be unbeatable depending on which background it loads with your save.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    John

Love it when a player comes through the academy like that. I just had a 6'7" keeper come through at Wexford who looks like he could be great for this level in future. I decided to try and blood him early so in pre-season I sacked off my reserve keeper and the academy kid is now on the bench for every game.

Got home last night and was quite excited to pick up where I finished off on Monday where we started the league with three wins in three games. Last night was played five, lost five. Proper disheartening, so I'm going to have to have a good think about how we can stop this nose dive.
    Marjanovic picked up an injury so I've just thrown him in at the deep end with a start away to our biggest rivals. Scored two and set one up to get man of the match in a 4-0 win.

I'm getting about a season out of him at the most.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, he'll be sold from underneath you before he even touches any of that potential.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still angry that the board sold my Dutch beast out from under me for peanuts despite us rejecting more in the Summer, with us being in the first knockout stage of the Champions League and with £25m in the bank

Someone give me a hug, please X

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost upwards of a dozen players that way, Andy.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Secured a playoff spot. Play Norwich next too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost upwards of a dozen players that way, Andy.
    Yeah but just look at him, I had a fictional man crush on him.

Although this kid I bought is looking swish:

He'll shit on Abdellaoui.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's this absolute bollocks of players demanding to move to a club when they haven't even put in a fecking transfer bid? Two of my Africans have been at it all summer, yet zero bids. Moaning cunts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    What's this absolute bollocks of players demanding to move to a club when they haven't even put in a fecking transfer bid? Two of my Africans have been at it all summer, yet zero bids. Moaning cunts.
    The whole system is fucked.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gets better if someone does bid, but not the club they wanted to. You'll get players wanting to know why you rejected a bid from Benfica, when the bid came from Legia Warsaw, and you only get the standard options to deal with it, so wind up having to tell your player that the bid from Benfica wasn't good enough, rather than slapping the prick around the head and telling him the channel for Sky Sports News.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ask them what it will take to keep them here, when we exit the Champions League they want to be back in it so tell them we will.

If we're still in they moan about wanting to win the Champions League, I promise it will happen soon and if they're being a dick I go full mental and tell them they can play out their contract.

Fuck player power.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fucking insane left back has three red cards in three games this season. His aggression is only 13

Fined six week wages total and relegated to under 18s for a month.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished third. Hopefully we do well in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow news day lads?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    My fucking insane left back has three red cards in three games this season. His aggression is only 13

Fined six week wages total and relegated to under 18s for a month.
    That keeps happening with Schneiderlin, even when I'm not even pressing much. Not sure why.

Anyway thanks for the Tactics display. I'm trying to make my 4-3-3 work now it seems the most fun one to play with- Going decently but I'm unsure how to set up the front three. Currently it's:

F9 (Martial) - CF Attack (Zlatan) - F9 (Rashford)

That seems to leave Zlatan a little outside the game so I'm gonna try out making him a DLF Attack for a while. That means no real focal point to stretch the defence though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem arriving at Wexford.

Every wanker and his dog was crying about wanting to leave so I promised them I'll listen to offers and off they go all content. No offers ever come in and I therefore haven't broke a promise. I had one moron tell me he was desperate to leave and wouldn't be signing a new contract. Come the end of the season and we're promoted, the idiot still won't sign so leaves on a free. Ends up signing a contract with another Division One team while we're now in the Premier. Good going there, son, well played.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one year contracts in Ireland really must be a pain in the hole. Are they the full year or 42-week as in real life?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players whinging to leave and then going to a side who won't solve their problems is an FM staple. I had a player last season moaning that he wanted silverware and wouldn't sign a new deal as a result. So he signed a precontract with another club in January, while we go on to win the Serbian Cup with him playing no part. He's off to the worst side in the Ukraine league.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    The one year contracts in Ireland really must be a pain in the hole. Are they the full year or 42-week as in real life?
    I haven't noticed contracts being any different in Ireland compared to anywhere else. The only difference, for instance with England, is that the contracts run December to December.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really do need to tone the whinging and constant transfer bids down, it's absolutely balls.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    They really do need to tone the whinging and constant transfer bids down, it's absolutely balls.
    Aye, due to my first team being young, I've currently got 11 of my first 24 all with a wanted status. They've all played this season, and yet every transfer window its about five loan offers per fucking day. No Roma I will not loan you my 4th choice midfielder just because he's 18. No, offering the same again two days later has not changed my fucking opinion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another thing pissing me off. STOP ASKING FOR A NEW CONTRACT EVERY SIX FUCKING MONTHS YOU GREEDY AFRICAN BASTARDS. You're 19, on 30k a week and I've rescued you from a fucking mud shack you twat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one transfer in for me:

£3.8m and my scouts are very high on him.

Tried to buy some more but I was either being outpriced (fuck Daniel Levy wanting £166m for a 19 year old striker they don't play or send out on loan) or the player wasn't interested in us.

We seem to be in that grey area right now so players are really hard to come by. Hopefully that changes in the Summer.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fucking clue who they are, but still