User Tag List

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They listened once, but every time since then they've said that having listened before they're making the decision without my input this time. The player they listened to me on has since left on a board sanctioned move worth less than the one they agreed to cancel too, so the feature seems entirely worthless.
    I've got a homegrown game going with Slavia Prague and this has happened to me a couple of times. The reason it is so frustrating is that it should at least let you negotiate the deal and then either accept/reject then the board could overrule you if you rejected what they consider to be a good deal. The only saving grace I have found is that if the player has an optional contract extension (which the majority of my youths do), then you can activate that after the transfer offer is accepted and it will cancel the transfer. Obviously you'd then have to give them a new deal with an optional extension in should any interested parties come calling again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That moment when your fresh out of the youth team striker scores his first team goal....and it's a rocket.

Attempting to build from within. I'm going to be giving it the David O'Leary all season long.

Quite excited about these three.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prescott and Tipple really have unfortunately hairlines for teenagers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tipple has just been called up to the England U19's at 15.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture dump incoming!

Start of 6th season, transfer business:

Bought youth, a few of which are first team squad players.

My starting 11 for this season:

Toggle Spoiler

Some of my best youth (Pavel Costa is 5 star according to everyone bar Head of Youth, oddly):

Toggle Spoiler

U18s:

U23s:

The future is bright at Newcastle. My ultimate goal is at least 5 CLs, which means 4 more before I move on.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all the 5* youths something you did in the editor or have you hired a serious bunch of coaches?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Are all the 5* youths something you did in the editor or have you hired a serious bunch of coaches?
    Scouting youth intake, and my coaching set-up looks like this:

Having no work permits helps

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Nando is pretty cheeky.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer mate. Mate.

Also, bye bye Berahino, you've been very good but time to see if my youth will step up:

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ it's the difference is prices that'll be the biggest jump. The last game I went mad on was CM03/04 and it's all I've played over the last 12 years, albeit sporadically. Could never get into any of the others.

It'll be weird to play games with players that actually play for those teams in the present day. Back in the day I could name the vast majority of first team players from the top two leagues. Nowadays I can watch MOTD and not know half the fucking people on there. I can see myself knowing loads about current football again .

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I ever buy this game I need someone to explain the youth intake thing to me.

Actually if someone would be so kind to do it for FM16 in the other thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my intake. This man is touted as the next Michael Owen.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you lot cheating? I've literally never seen one of my youths have over a twelve in anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The youth rating of all countries has been set to 200, phonics. Some of them are just stupid.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leonie Lambert's lowest visible rating there would be his five-head.

Heyoooo.

Also @Giggles surely this is the FM thread now, as unnecessary as it was to start it?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Leonie Lambert's lowest visible rating there would be his five-head.

Heyoooo.

Also @Giggles surely this is the FM thread now, as unnecessary as it was to start it?
    If it isn't only for 17 then that's spot on. Makes sense only to have the one.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I bother to post anything about my FM15 save it'll be in here.

On that note, actually, I'm in 2029 and randomly I get a Movember thing and a bunch of my players grow shit 'taches. How have I only just seen that happen for the first time?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm into 2044 and I don't remember that happening, haven't been in England since near the beginning though so it might just be there.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember hearing about it but I never seen it in 15 or 16.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had it in 16, and every bloody year in 17.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dark Soldier, do you have attribute masking switched on or off? Just wondering why you have 24 scouts.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    @Dark Soldier, do you have attribute masking switched on or off? Just wondering why you have 24 scouts.
    Off. I have 24 scouts as I like to scout every potential region (there's like 15-18 or so) with results set to 15-24, minimum three star potential. Then I'll send a few on established player searches in the major regions, then one scout on a first team player search worldwide, and one on hot prospect.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually it's only on my most recent game that I even considered attribute masking. Ever since the Championship Manager days I switched it off and it just became a normal thing for me to do when starting a new game. I still have it switched off for this journeyman save, but would be interesting to see how everyone else in here sets up their game.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried playing with 'real players' switched off once. It was fucking shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I briefly tried getting back to FM today, but I think I need something a bit less demanding. Are the handheld versions any good?

I always played with real players and with attribute masking on. What's the point if you can find everything with a single search?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    What's the point if you can find everything with a single search?
    Well, ya can't. Player Search depends on your club's world knowledge and players already scouted. So I have 57% world knowledge, plus scouts means I see around 70% of players. It was around 30% when I first joined Newcastle.

All attritbute masking does is make you have to scout a player a few extra times, really. Just drags it out a bit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. I've always kept it on to avoid an unfair advantage on top of the fact that you usually know the best gems after a few games, but that doesn't seem too unreasonable. I haven't played FM since I finally gave up on 07. I apparently have FM12 on Steam, but even that seemed like too much just to enjoy a few games on.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    I briefly tried getting back to FM today, but I think I need something a bit less demanding. Are the handheld versions any good?

I always played with real players and with attribute masking on. What's the point if you can find everything with a single search?
    FM Handheld is about the right level of detail for a fun game. Probably slightly below the right level, truth be told, but it's the best version.

EDIT: FM Touch I mean.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GKS Katowice 2019/20:

Much better showing from us in the regular season but a lot of stupid dropped points.

Well Legia pissed it but that screenshot gives it away a bit.

I do feel sorry for them as they'd have won had we played 37 regular games but fuck it. Eat shit, lads.

In terms of the FA cup we ballsed it up completely:

I guess the changes I made to give some fringe players a chance were too much. Board don't give a shit though so fuck it.

Now for EUROPE:

I was confident in our first two qualifying rounds and that played out. When we drew Besiktas I thought we were fucked (as I mentioned in the thread, I had a dump/crash and it was some a lot shitter) but we dominated them in Poland (2-1 was lucky for them) and did enough in Turkey. They battered us but we scored an 86th minute goal to send it to extra time and we pulled it out.

The group wasn't too bad and the 3-2 win in Germany was fucking glorious.

Did a lot better than I expected us to do.

Here are the transfers:

I went a bit mental and the BIG TWO had to be loaned right back so we didn't get to use them yet.

Outs were this:

I also cut a load of shit on freebies too. The big two outs there were Goncerz and Carrasco (albeit on a loan) as they were two of our top three strikers going into the season.

Here are the ins:

Toggle Spoiler

Fucking Champions League next year, Christ. This is great news as well:

The board also bought the stadium earlier this year and instantly agreed to expand it and upgrade the youth facilities.

This summer is going to be huge.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a joirneyman type or you going to stay in Poland long term?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Is this a joirneyman type or you going to stay in Poland long term?
    It was meant to be a Journeyman game but I've been enjoying it too much.

Also:

Stunning.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll probably end up selling him for about £100m tomorrow but that seems like a decent buyout, no?

Not bad for freebie who only made 5 starts for us.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very good payout for that lad, unless he goes insane on progress in the next 3/4 years he's like a 5-10 mil player.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First season done!

It was a bit of a mixed bag form-wise with a run of wins followed by a sharp decline and a winless and goalless run on a few occasions. If the league was split into two half-seasons I'd have apparently finished 7th and 8th, so thanks to the teams around who were way less consistent.

The late season run pushed me over the line and also relegated Harry Kewell's Walsall. Which was nice.

Bidness for the season. Already had Dan Agyei and Jamie Sterry in on loan so Grandison added a distinctly League One flavour to the backup rightback position, also handily being a Cov academy graduate. Alexander McQueen is versatile on both flanks and also can knock up a haute couture third kit.

Standout players were both Newcastle loans. Jamie Sterry, who has used a League One spell with Cov to get into the Italy U-21 squad:

Alex Gillead who really came up with the goods after joining in January and sorting out the problematic right wing spot:

Had a problem with Jodi Jones wanting to leave, we agreed that he'd stay if I took us up to the Championship. Annoyingly, the day after this happened:

This happened:

And his mind wasn't changed even when this happened

Bigi Bigi Bigi, can't you see
    You dragged us out of Division Three

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player interaction is completely fucked. I've had players moaning that I didn't let them join sides who hadn't bid for them, a player moaning that he hadn't received the contract I promised him at the end of the season with four games to go, and a player who started every game for which he was available going tonto over a perceived lack of first team football.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see they've totally ignored all the broken shit that should have taken 5 minutes to put right but has been the same for years.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why fix broken things when you can make them slightly more complicated?

Besides it'll be vaguely fixed by February's patch so that's cool.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In seriousness though the modern approach of releasing broken games that'll be barely playable for a few months is fucking nads. Ask miles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After finishing 7th last season I was hoping we would kick on and push forward but seemingly we've regressed a fair bit but it makes zero sense as to why.

There's just no explaining the above nor how it too until November 26th for us to record our first league win of the season. Especially when in Europe we were having a whale of a time....

Maximum points and our reward is an away trup to Steaua Buceresti.

According to out facts we have an average age of just 22 which might explain our predicament, maybe we need some experience within the ranks.

A few have developed since the last update so here goes.

Tim Prescott has officially become the first player I've successfully blooded from youth intake to first team regular.

We have 17 year olds Leonie Lambert and Simon Tipple both on the bench waiting too.

Likewise we have:

Alex Hall

Shane Cronin

Kristoff Frantzen

I'll probably give up on him tbf whilst what I considered the best of a bunch couldn't get a work permit so I imagine we'll lose him.

Shame!

Financially and despite our debut Massimo appears to have a hold on everything as we're actually quite well off. We bought Elland Road and now we're awaiting its expansion whilst the youth facilities have been improved too.

If I stretched things I can make a complete home grown first eleven.but they're blatantly not ready for the top flight. I can imagine the likes of Prescott, Downing and Loizou bossing the Championship so a relegation providing we keep everyone isn't going to be too catastrophic. Even I'm bored telling the world how we're a young squad and we'll learn though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried to buy so many more as well as sell but that's what I managed before the window closed. Here are the permanent transfers in:

Not bad for a freebie but we're still lacking an actual proper keeper.

The footballing mountain

Wont get many options this year but he could be damn handy.

This guy though. He'll get a lot of chances and he could be massive.

Oh and here is our European adventure thus far:

The second leg of Steaua game was fucking mental but crazy fun. Copenhagen though We had the chances, especially in the second leg but an early red killed us.

Here's our Euro Cup group though. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there no player restrictions, mahow?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do the newgens all have foreheads the size of Sussex?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Are there no player restrictions, mahow?
    Only 2 non-EU players allowed in the first 11 for league games which is gay.

I have around 11 or so in my squad but I send most out on loan.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried hard to bring this guy in, not just because of his name, but Lampard (the prick) wouldn't do a transfer and he chose Hull over us on a loan whilst we were in the Champions League.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Why do the newgens all have foreheads the size of Sussex?
    A bug apparently, I'm finding this thread somewhat disturbing as a result.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fair number of them have mad Children of the Corn eyes as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest youth intake only had two players who I reckon will turn out well, but one of them is a corker.

Toggle Spoiler

I love the look of Mrdjan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it would be him.

I'm having a bit of an odd time of it still.

Remaining fixtures are promising at least.

The odd thing?

I can't cope. Prescott though.

Toggle Spoiler