User Tag List

Page 279 of 343 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,950 of 17142

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had enforced conscription in Switzerland and my mate had to go into the showers fullt clothed and then piss himself several days in a row to get kicked out.

Thought my other friends way where upon being handed a gun for the first time, choosing to repeatedly point it at his officers and then wildly firing into the air was much more effective and less embarrassing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing army with your mates for six months, with no chance of ever actually fighting anyone, seems like a better bet than having 'MONG' stamped on your record for life.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Praise jesus for the hypocratic oath and medical records being private.

The reason you do it is because if you're kicked out for psychiatric reasons you don't have to do that six months + 3 months every year for the next 10 years without getting taxed for it. You can turn down conscription on moral grounds but you have to pay an extra like 4k a year in tax over the next 16 years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without seeing her, this story is not worth following.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How in the fuck is this going to be policed?

MPs have approved plans to make street sexual harassment a crime carrying a jail sentence of up to two years.

Catcalling, following someone or blocking their path will become an offence in England and Wales under a bill backed by the government.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65065154

I can see it now, that that chap in the House of Lords who opposes every ill thought out bill is going to get labelled as a misogynist when he boots this one into touch.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every ambling tourist in London about to be criminalised for path blocking. About fucking time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken at face value (the BBC article) it genuinely has to be one of the stupidest bills I can ever recall.

Love the way they've chucked this line in the article as well.

The murder of Sarah Everard, who was abducted and killed by serving policeman Wayne Couzens while walking home in south London in 2021, also increased concerns about women's safety and male attitudes towards women.
    As if there's some sort of danger spectrum for Men that starts with wolf whistling, progresses to joining the metropolitan police and ends with dismembering a stranger.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remembering someone and thinking about them while shagging/wanking shall soon be a crime.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They keep coming up with new laws because men keep stalking, raping and abusing women, unfortunately. The problem they're missing, is that the law isn't the problem. The police being too fucking useless to enforce it is. And that's what they need to change. But hey, it's quicker and cheaper to just invent new laws, so fuck it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You pass a law so it looks like you've done something about a hot ticket issue, whether it makes any difference or does what it was supposed to is the next guys problem. The police not enforcing said laws is more to do with that not being their purpose, which I suppose you could read as incompetence.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's up to them to catch the slimy cunts and evidence the crime, so they're atleast part of the problem. But yeah, a stretched court system isn't helpful either as the CPS end up only pursuing cut and dry cases. Which I suppose newer, lazier laws must help with. But fuck me, imagine getting banged up because you just happened to be going the same way as a woman in leggings and sports bra.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 24-03-2023 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably there'll be no evidence with which to pursue the charges to their conclusion in that circumstance Spikes, but (and here's the problem with the bill) are you going to be arresting people before the evidence is established?

What did you do today love?

I spent four hours in a cell on a sexual harassment charge before being released

Again?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does seem like, whilst probably well meaning, a lot of this will flounder at the evidential stage, which is sort of the problem with sexual offences in the justice system as a whole. Short of living in a 100% surveillance state I don't know how you ever really get around that, intrinsically these offences aren't likely to have many witnesses to them, so there is always likely to be some scope for 'reasonable doubt'. A cultural shift away from 'she was gagging for it' as a prevailing societal mentality impacting juries [and it's not just men that fall into this category] will probably make a difference over time, but I'd still be surprised to see conviction rates for sexual offences match those for other crown court offences, which are pretty low in and of themselves as it is [actually looking at the stats I was surprised to see how high they appear to be, although perhaps that takes guilty pleas into account, I always thought you had a better than evens chance in the crown court if you went not guilty].

Banned
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:megarasta:

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have been better if their 'peaceful' protests didn't involve setting fire to town halls.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's France, that's their equivalent of a strongly worded email.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite, but somewhat dampens the piss taking moral high ground Iran are taking, albeit I do appreciate where he's coming from given the West are utterly obsessed with how the Middle East do things.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How in the fuck is this going to be policed?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65065154

I can see it now, that that chap in the House of Lords who opposes every ill thought out bill is going to get labelled as a misogynist when he boots this one into touch.
    The UK

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been out of the UK for a while... but what on Earth is going on with the trans/anti-trans protests and such?

Why is it so prominent in media, like how many trans people are there, and just how shitty are they being treated?

Regarding the coverage online you get the impression that there is a huge community and it's becoming a real issue... I just find that hard to believe.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's covering it? Granted I usually only use BBC and FT but I've not seen anything. All the protest news has been France and now Israel.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I've been out of the UK for a while... but what on Earth is going on with the trans/anti-trans protests and such?

Why is it so prominent in media, like how many trans people are there, and just how shitty are they being treated?

Regarding the coverage online you get the impression that there is a huge community and it's becoming a real issue... I just find that hard to believe.
    Almost entirely a social media phenomenon.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65082197

I always find this kind of stuff odd, and whilst not directly related to it, one of my wife's relatives/relatives relatives [I don't know] recently moved to Wales [poor them] and was somewhat taken aback by the fact that their kid starting primary school was going to be going to a school which was almost entirely conducted in Welsh. They obviously don;t speak Welsh. Looking at this it seems there are quite a few such institutions. Now, far be it for me to cast judgment from my cosmopolitan ivory tower [arf], but isn't doing that a fairly surefire way to ensure the ongoing irrelevance/general poverty/uselessness of a nation? They try to pull that shit over here now and then [I'm sure an unreasonable amount of public money went into giving every child a copy of the Gruffalo in Guernsey French for example] but actively impairing your nation's future to preserve an anachronistic language seems a bit like the sort of national self-harm something should be done about.

Does the EU have English as a working language anymore? I know that was going to slip as the Irish [bless them] chucked their potatoes into the regional dialect promotion budget basket when they realised their was funding to be had for their 'primary language'.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English will always be a working language because that's what they all use day-to-day, except where Macron is involved.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With something like Welsh (or Irish), if you were schooled in that medium (you'd presumably have English lessons as well, no?), wouldn't you effectively just grow up bilingual?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been loads of cultural balkanisation in Europe in the last 20 odd years, probably rightly, or else everywhere will just end up as loads of crappy Unofficial States of America.

Valencia is one that pisses me off, their stupid dialect is on all the signs everywhere but you never hear anyone speaking it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    With something like Welsh (or Irish), if you were schooled in that medium (you'd presumably have English lessons as well, no?), wouldn't you effectively just grow up bilingual?
    The worst kind of bilingual, as presumably there are barely any Welsh or Irish speakers who can't speak English.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work with some guys from Donegal. Proper gangster types, only switching to Irish when they don't want you to know what they're plotting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I work with some guys from Donegal. Proper gangster types, only switching to Irish when they don't want you to know what they're plotting.
    Was just about to say it'd be handy when you don't want the English to know what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dutch are mostly all bilingual and you can get by in English with pretty much everyone. They still have a strong culture and national identity

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Was just about to say it'd be handy when you don't want the English to know what you're talking about.
    To be fair they could just stick to English. The Donegal accent is unique enough to disguise what they say at full speed anyway.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Irish mate that I used to work with is from the South West and he has to live life set to speed 0.5 or nobody can understand him. It's all fine until he gets excited about a subject and then he may as well be speaking in Gaelic because you can only catch the odd word here and there anyway.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes have to slow down when talking to English people as well. Mostly southerners tbh. It's your language and yous can't even keep up, dickheads.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw an anti-Biden protest yesterday. Four Babushkas with some pitiful signs.

Not sure why the Russians like Trump so much.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classy to lol at us about the language when it was you tramps that beat it out of us in the first place. When you haven’t even the decorum of a nazi it tells a sorry tale.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorry about that, I was bored so thought I'd pop over and do a bit of conquering.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65092102

Thoughts and prayers time again.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Christian school so clearly someone took a day off praying earlier.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast some of then will be the kids / grandkids of NRA members then.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a turn of events it appears a woman did it so I'm going to assume some paedo teacher/priest raped her.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it an actual woman?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phonics is probably onto something with that line of thinking.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was merely playing the odds on tranny, but it turning out to have been a transMAN was genuinely not on the coupon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Jesus statues should be armed.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is it an actual woman?
    Well lol.