User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Sports

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get BT which is why my interest has waned.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I can't get BT which is why my interest has waned.
    You can normally stream college gameday live on Youtube. I've had to do that twice this year when BT decided to show something shit like hockey instead of college gameday.

I got BT sport this year and the shear number of games I've got saved on my sky box is amazing. I'll watch some of them I've not yet watched pre draft (i.e. the USC UCLA game).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I truly cannot imagine ever caring about what athletes at my college or university are doing with themselves. College sports is baffling.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else watching Josh Allen on this hideous blue field? I think the uniforms of both teams might be just as ugly actually.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Anyone else watching Josh Allen on this hideous blue field? I think the uniforms of both teams might be just as ugly actually.
    Are Wyoming playing at Boise State?

That fucking pitch alone is reason not to watch it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're playing Central Michigan, but it's at the Boise State stadium, I think. It's the FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL

Look at that fucking arm You can almost hear the ball screaming he throws it so hard. The head dip on the play fake was pretty obvious though.

Second TD was decent too, and now he's just slung a beautiful long one for his third TD inside the first quarter. He looks similar to Brock Osweiler when he runs due to his size, but his arm is filthy. You can see right away why people love him, he just needs a bit of time to sit & develop - he's wearing one of those wristbands with the plays on it, which doesn't suggest he's going to be ready to run an NFL offence yet, but give him time & he could be incredible.

EDIT: Other than that long TD play, CMU have been a mess so far. I think they fumbled two kickoffs inside the first quarter, as well as losing one on a sack. This isn't looking like being much of a contest unless something changes fast.

Nope, they've just thrown a pick

John Elway standing on the sideline Josh Allen must be delighted that CMU are turning it over every possession. He's getting to come on & throw every five minutes.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three INTs
    Two fumbled kickoffs
    One sack fumble

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're playing Central Michigan, but it's at the Boise State stadium, I think. It's the FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL

Look at that fucking arm You can almost hear the ball screaming he throws it so hard. The head dip on the play fake was pretty obvious though.

Second TD was decent too, and now he's just slung a beautiful long one for his third TD inside the first quarter. He looks similar to Brock Osweiler when he runs due to his size, but his arm is filthy. You can see right away why people love him, he just needs a bit of time to sit & develop - he's wearing one of those wristbands with the plays on it, which doesn't suggest he's going to be ready to run an NFL offence yet, but give him time & he could be incredible.

EDIT: Other than that long TD play, CMU have been a mess so far. I think they fumbled two kickoffs inside the first quarter, as well as losing one on a sack. This isn't looking like being much of a contest unless something changes fast.

Nope, they've just thrown a pick

John Elway standing on the sideline Josh Allen must be delighted that CMU are turning it over every possession. He's getting to come on & throw every five minutes.
    The Paxton experiment hasn't gone that well, so it's not that surprising he fancies a kid from a pissy mid west (?) state.

Imagine the bowl gifts too. "Josh, here is your potato, your potato chips, and your personalised my potato head figurine".

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMU lost another fumble on their latest drive, only for it to roll out of bound before Wyoming could recover it. Not to worry, they got another sack fumble a few plays later & took it back for a TD

This is the equivalent of a team of Nathan Peterman's.

EDIT: And to prove it, another INT in the endzone on the next drive.

I've lost count at this point, but I think that's 4 INTs & 7 fumbles (including 2 on sacks & 2 on kickoffs), with 5 recovered by Wyoming, and 1 of those was returned for a TD. Maybe 5 or 6 total sacks as well.

Basically Josh Allen shat on Central Michigan for the first quarter, then the defence shat on them for the rest of the game.

EDIT: I stopped watching with about 5mins left & they still managed to turn the ball over one more time It was only eight turnovers, but chuck in the fumbles they didn't lose & CMU were in double figures for the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there such a thing as College fantasy football?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Is there such a thing as College fantasy football?
    I think so, but I'm not sure how common it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I saw the stats for their game with San Diego state. Something like 1/6 for 4 yards, with 400 yards rushing

Rashaad Penny looks like a baller, by the way.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did a piece on it on college gameday. Effectively their WRs just have competitions to see who can be the best blockers and gets points if they take the CB to the ground or out of bounds.

It is turgid to watch, but it's quite effective if you've got a mobile QB and a reasonable OL in college.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, McKenzie Milton & the UCF offence have been pretty sloppy to start this game.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milton has improved since half-time, but so have Auburn. It's been a close game, but Shaquem Griffen has once again been an absolute beast. The guy 100% deserves to be drafted, even with one hand, he's been great every time I've watched UCF & by all accounts he's got an amazing work ethic & drive to get better.

If he ends up with the Saints I'd probably buy a jersey, to be fair.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Foe did you see the facebuster/piledriver that just got delivered in the UCF game? That was the equivalent of a spear tackle in rugby - no idea how that doesn't come under targeting, given he could have literally broken the guys neck.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Foe did you see the facebuster/piledriver that just got delivered in the UCF game? That was the equivalent of a spear tackle in rugby - no idea how that doesn't come under targeting, given he could have literally broken the guys neck.
    Nah, I've got it recording. Saving myself for the CFP games so I don't wear out American football today.

When/what quarter?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 10mins ago so probably somewhere around 10:00 left in Q4.

UCF Gonna turn over to LSU/Notre Dame shortly, but they're both recording so I'm not giving them my full attention. Instead, I'm currently watching cut-ups of Bradley Chubb

I need more hobbies.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking rough.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the most dangerous tackle I think I've ever seen in any sport.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Channel 426 now boys. Oklahoma Georgia about to kick off.

I don't mind who wins this so long as the winner beats Clemson in the final.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oklahoma starting in Oklahoma fashion - fast, aggressive & effective.

Georgia now doing Georgia stuff in return - toss sweep, run it hard, throw it short & medium a lot, get play action going.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So fucking easy man.

Wasn't even under pressure on any of the throws.

Although Georgia did this against auburn and then fell apart if I remember right, so it's early days yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defence is not allowed in California apparently. Shoot out.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a nice start to the game. Both teams getting into the endzone & looking good doing what they do best.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the score in that UCF/Memphis game? 62-56 or something? We could be getting that kind of scoreline here if this carries on.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to believe there's no elite pass rushers or line backers in this game. At some point they have to show up.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they haven't so far. Roquan Smith has barely been mentioned as of yet. I'm actually not sure there are any decent pass rushers in the game, to be fair.

EDIT: Nope, still not shown up 35pts in 16mins. Not exactly what we expected.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well.

Baker mayfield is so good. I really hope he ends up at a pro team who actually train him up and give him a shot rather than be the next AJ MCcarron stalking the bench for five years. He may never be a starter, but he's technically really good.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll go in the first round & start week one. There are too many teams that need a QB for him to get past about pick 20 - same goes for Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson, although I don't think anyone's quite desperate enough to take Mason Rudolph in the first as well. You have five potential first round QBs if Rosen & Darnold both declare, and Cleveland, Denver, both New York teams, Miami, Buffalo & Arizona that could all be in the market for them, nevermind the teams looking for developmental guys like us, Pittsburgh & the Chargers (maybe Washington too). There could be a mad scramble if we have a few decent names in free agency or a team with an early pick starts taking trade offers.

I'd love it if Baker fell all the way to us so we could get a successor to Brees, but at the same time we don't have a second round pick so we actually kinda need to use that pick on the front seven since at the minute it's basically still just Cam Jordan & some dudes (albeit better dudes than usual).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can even use him as a receiver

I love that Rodrigo Blankenship wears his glasses in the game. I also love that his name is Rodrigo Blankenship. I quite like the kick too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah don't disagree.

I think this year there's a lot of QB movement possible. Doesn't bode well for trace mcsoeley, jake browning etc next year but should mean this years draft is REALLY entertaining.

I reckon there will be a qb that just appears out of nowhere too. Your
    Man trubisky wasn't a big name until draft zone got pumping.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like Trace McSorley from the times i've watched Penn State to see Saquon, but I'm not sure he'll work out as an NFL QB. Not seen Browning, or Drew Lock from Missouri who's meant to be a potential stud, but I think Jarrett Stidham could find his way up there if he stays another year. Jake Fromm will be a top guy when he comes out too, assuming he keeps on like he has done this season, and both Kelly Bryant & Jalen Hurts will get consideration although I've not been fussed about Hurts from the little I've seen.

Of the guys in this year's class I think Riley Ferguson could be a decent guy in the later rounds, but I'm not really sure who's available beyond the main guys.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like Nick Chubb. There's some fantastic RB talent this year - you'll probably be able to get a stud in the fifth round it's so deep.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chubb will suffer the same ajayi fate. As soon as you've seen THAT knee injury, you know he's not going as a high draft pick. Sony Michel is like ameer abdullah too, sontheres a place in the pros for him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I checked in Oklahoma were still up a score. What's gone on?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game on!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Georgia defence stepped up and Oklahomas didn't .

The Georgia punter has had a stormer too recently, pinning baker back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And as I say that, there's a fumble recovery for a td.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a cracking game - I have to be up for work in five hours though

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    55 seconds for glory, Baker.

EDIT Nope, overtime it is

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm too invested to go to bed, but yeah. What a game. If I go to bed the recording will cut out and show the sugar bowl.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What. A. Game.

Gutted for Baker though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic game. Shame either side had to lose really, but it's fitting that Sony Michel was the one to win the game.

Now please don't let Alabama beat Clemson.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I stayed up to watch that now. Fantastic game.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only did Alabama win, but I overslept by two hours & am now very late for work

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck sake.

Alabama seeing sense & getting Hurts out of the game made the difference, along with giving the ball to Najee Harris. Two freshman, by the way.

Fromm got unlucky with the two picks, and Blankenship is a beast, but losing from 13-0 at halftime is rubbish.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So annoying. More so because my recording cut out befor eover time so had to just look it up.

Tua taog-vila (not even going to attempt it) is clearly raw, but good god for someone with zero meaningful appearances he looked pretty fucking goood. If I was jalen hurts I'd be seriously considered I'd even see the field again. Same with if you're a HS QB with talent, why would you ever go to bama? Makes that qb that bailed in pre season look like a genius. Can't mind his name, but he was a 5 star recruit I think and fucked off to play juco.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the same thing at Georgia to be fair. Eason was the starter at the beginning of the season & now he’s likely transferring to Washington, and I’m not entirely sure why the #1 QB in the high school class has decided to commit there when Fromm could still be there three years.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent all day watching Josh Rosen videos on YouTube Still need to watch more of the other guys, but he's got potential to be Brady - phenomenal accuracy to any part of the field, can't run, does the sneak well, most people think he's a prick. Ticks all the Brady boxes