User Tag List

Page 8 of 313 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have it, I just use my brother-in-law's. Condensed games really are fucking excellent though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vernon Davis to Denver is confirmed.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.... hmm. That's interesting. Could be good for Manning if he has his shit vaguely sorted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Davis is a few years removed from his best, but he's not that old and Manning has historically loved himself some Tight Ends.

Pollard, Dallas Clark, Thomas and even Tamme were all productive - Dallas and Thomas in particular producing WR like efforts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    While in such a performance an offense has to have fucked up to an extent, did anybody watch it who can tell me how much the Denver D contributed to Rodgers doing fuck all? Phillips has done a hell of a job so far.
    The D was a big factor. Rodgers just couldn't buy time for any routes to develop and the Broncos weren't give up enough easy middle lanes for him to get the ball out quickly and consistently (and the Packers are too proud to go pure short and middle when there's nothing available long).

I really hope the Broncos stay healthy this season. One more Manning Brady conference title game plz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing defenses. Does the legion of boom match up to the current Broncos defense?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different approaches to the art of defense really. The Broncos D is more like the one that Giants rode to the Superbowl - good secondary, but it's mostly about smothering the offense at the line of scrimmage, rather than Seattle's suffocating coverage.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have it, I just use my brother-in-law's. Condensed games really are fucking excellent though.
    Indeed. Do you still have commentary, or is it straight up action only? Also trying to get a better understanding of individual players' skillsets & the tactical side of things, so having stuff like the All-22 cam & coaches film available as well is pretty appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Vernon Davis to Denver is confirmed.
    Good move, but there's still no way they get past the Patriots in the playoffs, even with their defence dominating everyone in the league.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Colts What's gone wrong there this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People hyping luck like he's the next messiah. That's what's happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luck's hurt, the Colts spent all the free agency money on offensive "skill" players who are washed up and can't play, the coaches are too dumb to realise that and keep playing the washed up crippled veterans, they've blown 9 consecutive drafts, the have no offensive line, and they have no defensive line.

That's actually what happened.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaepernick has been benched going forward.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Indeed. Do you still have commentary, or is it straight up action only?
    Commentary as normal but if the commentator is mid-sentence when they switch to the next play he gets cut off regardless.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gabbertime Still time for a playoff run.

Who are we tipping for the #1 pick next year? Lions are looking like a decent shout right now.

Commentary as normal but if the commentator is mid-sentence when they switch to the next play he gets cut off regardless.
    Pretty much what I expected then. Might give the weekly £9.99 option a shot since I'm off work this week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NFL has signed a deal with Twickenham for 1-3 games a year. Between that Wembley and Spurs we will surely get a franchise now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must be pushing for a franchise if they're only interested in hosting games in every available stadium in London. A bit shit as it means I'll have to travel into THE CITY to see the games, I'd have preferred them trying some other stadia across the country myself.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like what they're doing here is seeing how demand for a near full season of games works out. By 2018 there'll be what? 2 games at Wembley, 2 at Spurs and at least 1 at Twickenham?

A franchise is surely incoming now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Silly Nannies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ken-whisenhunt

Whisenhunt given his jotters, I knew they weren't doing well but his record there much than I thought!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randle has been cut and Keenan Allen is going to IR after lacerating his kidney.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randle wasn't much of a surprise but lacerating a kidney. I had no idea it was that bad.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not really any reason (other than LONDON!!) to not have at least tried some games elsewhere. Cardiff and Manchester ought to have been considered and given the Claymores there should definitely have been one in Scotland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elth View Post
    Luck's hurt, the Colts spent all the free agency money on offensive "skill" players who are washed up and can't play, the coaches are too dumb to realise that and keep playing the washed up crippled veterans, they've blown 9 consecutive drafts, the have no offensive line, and they have no defensive line.

That's actually what happened.
    I don't understand why you're not playing Trent Richardson...

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob Chudzinski has replaced Pep Hamilton as Colts offensive coordinator.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers/Panthers are on Pick TV this Sunday.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up GamePass & started watching the Saints/Giants game. Brandon Browner is fucking shit & gives away loads of soft penalties. Same goes for the rest of our secondary. The D-line actually seems pretty solid though.

Condensed games, however, are great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lions have fired their GM and president.

Started on A Football Life today by watching Terrell Davis and Jerry Rice, thought they were both excellent. What are the must watches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steve Gleason one is outstanding as is the Brandon Marshall one for the more current players.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched the Eric Dickerson (well it was in the very early hours), Reggie White/Jerome Brown, Walter Payton and Doug Flutie (purely because my VM box labelled it as Christian Okoye) ones today and I'm currently on the LT one, which has just thrown up this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine showed me this last night.

I shouldn't find it that funny, but I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The embarrassment when he has to talk about it is outstanding too

The Doug Flutie one is quite good too if I remember right.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    The embarrassment when he has to talk about it is outstanding too

The Doug Flutie one is quite good too if I remember right.
    I felt so fucking bad for Flutie after he pretty much led the Bills to the playoffs and then Ralph Wilson said 'fuck you Rob Johnson has to start'.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just spotted that Tebow has an episode too, why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there are people who apparently have no idea about football, but have a disproportionate belief in the strength of one players faith in God over every other players faith in their God.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all good watches Mahow. There's one on Bill Bellichik and the Cleveland Browns.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the Barry Sanders one and it's crazy just how deadly he was.

Any time the ball was in his hands he could just turn on the jets and make things happen.

I'd love to see a running back of that ilk in the league again.

His college stats are bonkers too.

12 games played in his final season, 2,850 yards with 42 TD's.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Started on A Football Life today by watching Terrell Davis and Jerry Rice, thought they were both excellent. What are the must watches?
    Just seen these are all available through the GamePass archives, so I'll have to get on those at some point. Just started Hard Knocks, since that's on there too. Done the first episode with the Texans, then I'll work backwards by season.

---

Thoughts on Manziel last night, by the way? Still wants to get out the pocket & chuck it long all the time, and seems oblivious to guys wide open in the flat, but at least he's not as awful as he was. He wasn't helped out by Justin Gilbert being totally unable to catch a football either. McCown is still the better short term option, but I suppose there's no harm in giving Manziel the rest of the season to see if he can step up, since the Browns going to be utter shit either way & McCown's 36.

Tyler Eifert had a huge game, on the other side of things. Hadn't seen him play before, outside of highlights on RedZone, but he definitely looks like a player. TE's running seam routes are practically guaranteed a TD at the minute though - everyone seems to be unable to defend it properly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is the reliance on a pair of safeties, and lack of cover linebackers. The league is too fast for a 46 defence or similar, and nobody really wants to run with a 3 safety set. Coaches seem to have settled on trying to get to the QB faster to deny the routes down the middle, while dropping 1 LB back per blitz, and bringing up one safety. It probably works 9/10 times, but when the LB is too slow, or the Safety isn't able to cover the much bigger TE then it goes for easy scores and big yards.

A few years ago the league had a fad of a box safety against the run until it was exploited by Peyton and co with their dynamic TE's. Any young players coming through the system is still in box safety mode. It'll take a next generation of 6'4 safeties with range to come along to change it up - but as it's not a glory position it's difficult to push youngsters out there it seems (they all want to be the hero corner, or the big hitting blitz LB). The nature of college football probably plays into that more than anything, the reason for the box safety being the growing need to deal with some of the disgustingly efficient running systems back then (which produced a vast array of underachieving pro runners).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Manziel is pish. I'm not always sure I know what the scouts are evaluating to give first round ratings on a QB who plays like we imagined Rex Grossman played...

Is that Berrian? I think he’s triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I’m throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But fuck that. Dumpoff passes are for faggots. I’m fucking Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can’t, I bet I’ll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What’s that? I should throw a quick slant? Fuck that. That’s gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is fucking football. You can’t just expect wins to come to you. You can’t massage that shit. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving shit out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You’re a pussy. This ain’t John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I’m throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She fucking wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh shit. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt fucking great to throw that shit. Tell me that wasn’t one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I’m gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I’m gonna nail him right between the fucking eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we’re talking about here. We’re talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I’m not just a gunslinger. I’m a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am fucking out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I’ll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I’m gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it’s worth. It tells them I throw like I fuck. That’s how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you’re not turned on right now. I am.
    ...but then Rexy got a first round grade too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    I've just spotted that Tebow has an episode too, why?
    Because MORONS out there don't know you could just read his book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me you got that picture from Google Foe.....

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time spent reading the book would be longer than his entire career.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine he's the first football player or coach with a book out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    Tell me you got that picture from Google Foe.....
    Found it in a library sale (wut?) for $2 (bargain) and It became my holiday book.

It's worse at literature than he is at throwing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone paying any attention to college football?

The first rankings were released yesterday and it's a shambles again. The creaming over Alabama is just horrific. Despite losing against ole miss they are in the top 4 ahead of unbeaten teams AND teams that have only lost to top rated teams.

For that reason I really hope Leonard fournette (who is an absolute monster) tramples all over bama tonight in Tuscaloosa. The game on right now is notre dame vs Pitt. Notre dame have a legit chance to go to the playoffs too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A - college football is genuinely terrible for all concerned.
    B - the ranking system is just there to keep the big boys happy and their gravy train running.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer watching college. Bit of variety in play rather than much the same thing over and over and over. Atmosohere, fans, stadiums, traditions, etc can't be beat either. It's just too hard to follow properly outside of the US.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like college football. It's pretty exciting because a decent rb, qb or wr can absolutely destroy another team. It's less chippy patriots esque drive and more explosive.

Sure there's normally a massive gulf in quality. But it's bloody exciting watching a genuine superstar like fournette,gurley, cooper, doctson, boykin, Coleman etc running loose.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This cunt dalvin cook doing a great job showing my point in the first 3 minutes against number 1 Clemson.

Clemson are close to blowing their season in the first quarter here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    This cunt dalvin cook doing a great job showing my point in the first 3 minutes against number 1 Clemson.

Clemson are close to blowing their season in the first quarter here.
    Really good game to watch as a neutral. I can't stay up for the main event but hopefully the bayou bengals get the job done. Clemson could well go the regular season unbeaten now and be playoff bound.