User Tag List

Page 43 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 15595

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys doing a fantasy league or anything?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a separate sign up thread for it, but yeah. We just need to agree on a draft day.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've lost one of our rookies, Bronson Kaufusi, for the season. Which sucks a lot, it was looking likely that he might have the biggest impact on the team other than Stanley as we needed more pass rushers.

Also, the Chiefs have picked up Nick Foles and the Giants have signed Leon Hall.

Strangest news of the day is the Niners giving NaVarro Bowman and HUGE contract extension.

According to Pro Football Talk, the Bowman deal is an odd one. Not only did it come with three years left on his old deal, but the 49ers gave their linebacker a serious raise. For the four-year extension (2019-22), Bowman will make a total of $44 million, which includes $20 million in guaranteed money.

The 49ers are also giving Bowman a raise on the remaining portion of his old contract. Under the old deal, Bowman would've made roughly $23.55 million over the next three years. Under the new deal, Bowman will pull in $33 million over the next three years, which gives the deal a total of value of $77 million over seven years.
    He's 28 and already had 3 years on his contract, struggled in coverage last year (especially in his first few games although he was still great against the run) and he's still pretty fresh off the injury table.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the domestic final today. Absolutely horrible flag riddled game but last minute TD at least made the end exciting.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to get involved with the local stuff. It's got a fair following around here, with some people from work in one of the teams. Unfortunately I'm 5 ft 8(9 on a good day) and slow as fuck, so I'm a bad fit for almost every position that isn't on the sideline.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about holder?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'd love to get involved with the local stuff. It's got a fair following around here, with some people from work in one of the teams. Unfortunately I'm 5 ft 8(9 on a good day) and slow as fuck, so I'm a bad fit for almost every position that isn't on the sideline.
    I catch any game I can get to in the area (5 teams within half an hour) and have got into a few fundraising bits for one of them but of never think of playing again. You're only asking to miss time in work with injuries.

Today had a decent enough turnout. I'd hazard a guess at around 1500 as they'd only one side open and the stand was half full (Shamrock Rovers seats 6000). A lot of them were other teams players that ran buses to it though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyrod is staying at the Bills and betting on himself to have a big year. On the surface it looks mental, but they're effectively giving him $9.5mill this year and raping themselves if they decide to keep him beyond that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ills-extension

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up tickets for BC v Georgia Tech last night. Both are shit but hopefully it'll be close.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denver's offensive line issues aren't getting any better. Going to need backs and tight-ends to pull their weight with the bloocking this year, I feel, if Sanchez or Siemian aren't going to get battered.

Sounded like if you can take anything from pre-season games it would be mostly positive for the game against the Bears though, which is nice.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carson Wentz has cracked some ribs in his first practice game. Bodes well for the future that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dorian Green-Beckham has been traded to the Eagles.

And the Bills have a PED cheater as a NT who's going to get banned.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...2-fa3fb8415dd7

The never ending knee injury continues, still no idea on when Perriman will return.

Shambles.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Dorian Green-Beckham has been traded to the Eagles.

And the Bills have a PED cheater as a NT who's going to get banned.
    Guy at work is fuming over this. He's a massive DGB fan. Even drafted him last year and never put him in his lineup once just so others couldn't have him. We're short at WR really so here's his chance to shine. All I know of him is that he's rapid as hell.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green Beckham isn't that fast. Yeah he's pretty quick but I wouldn't say 'rapid as hell'.

Good big bodied receiver though but he has his problems and you got him for fuck all by trading some shit guard for him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worth the punt either way. Not likes he's any worse than what we have now. Matthews and fuck all else

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-negotiations

Could only happen to the Chargers.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chargers latest offer to Bosa has been rejected.

Almost certainly won't start the season playing now, and going by the details San Diego released in their statement it does sound like Bosa's side are being greedy bastards, but then that report is coming directly from the team on the other side of the deal.

EDIT: Mahow

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even into the season proper and Romo has broken a bone in his back. Never change, Tony.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even into the season proper and Romo has broken a bone in his back. Never change, Tony.
    Good thing they've got Dak. The saviour. It would be amazing if he went on to be amazing and wentz/goff face planted.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing they've got Dak. The saviour. It would be amazing if he went on to be amazing and wentz/goff face planted.
    His stat line for the pre-season (lol) is amazing thus far. He'll probably be a Kaepernick though in regular season if he actually has to play any games.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the sounds of it Wentz/Goff need a fair bit of work to be ready so this wouldn't shock me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see Goff even starting the season.

From Hard Knocks it seems that they want him to learn from the bench rather than pushing him in at the deep end.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no point rushing him in anyway. Unless the Cardinals/Seahawks suddenly shit it up then you have them battling for not bottom. That's not likely to change this or probably next season either so break him in gently.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie Lacy seems to have found the fridge again.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's on about cutting his hair to help himself out. How is he compared to last season?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's on about cutting his hair to help himself out. How is he compared to last season?
    Looks about as good as he did last preseason. Pity he'll be 4 stone heavier by November.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben Watson out for the season after tearing his achilles. IT'S ALL HAPPENING AGAIN, ffs.

Pitta is also still recovering from his hip injury and a broken finger, Nick Boyle is suspended for 10 games and Maxx Williams has been missing practices for an undisclosed injury.

Rolling with Crockett Gillmore and a former WR who is suspended for the first 4 games

What a fucking shambles.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be going to LA for Christmas (with some time in New York before that), if it happens I'm going to the fucking Coliseum to see the Rams take on the Cardinals on New Years day

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How easy is it to get tickets to an NFL game? Can you actually just show up on the day & get in or do you have to book ahead? I feel like that's a dumb question, but for some reason I've always had it in my head that games are pretty much impossible to get tickets to without booking way in advance.

In roster news, the Colts have picked up Stevan Ridley after he was released by the Lions, who have also traded Jeremy Kerley to the 49ers for offensive lineman Brandon Thomas. Also, Eric Berry has signed his franchise tender with the Chiefs, although he's unlikely to see the field before the start of the season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Available to buy right now from ticketmaster with the cheapest going for $65 which doesn't seem too bad.

I've also read some articles (admittedly they're a bit old) that say you get the best deals a day or two before the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the kids get older I'd love to go over and watch a game there.

There's a Ravens fan at work who has booked 2 weeks off when they have back to back home games. Steelers and then Browns. Twickenham will have to do for me.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to do the Lambeau stadium tour next year, but I know there's no point in wasting my time looking for tickets. I'll never see a game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've cut Randle after only signing him a couple of months back. DGB or Huff must be impressing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siemian set to be Denver's started for the season.

Question is how long before it's Sanchez anyway because Denver's offensive line gets Siemian killed?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting NFL tickets is easy as fuck. If they're sold out on ticketmaster just go on stubhub.com and get them.

If you guys ever have any problems getting tickets, have questions about things, or really anything with the States in general please feel free to reach out and I'll do my utmost best to help you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    How easy is it to get tickets to an NFL game? Can you actually just show up on the day & get in or do you have to book ahead? I feel like that's a dumb question, but for some reason I've always had it in my head that games are pretty much impossible to get tickets to without booking way in advance.
    Nah no way bro. Mind, you may have to pay a little extra than face value the closer to the game, but you'll constantly be able to find tickets somewhere in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Available to buy right now from ticketmaster with the cheapest going for $65 which doesn't seem too bad.

I've also read some articles (admittedly they're a bit old) that say you get the best deals a day or two before the game.
    $65 isn't bad to get in at all, but be careful. I heard the Coliseum isn't the best with views in some spots.

That entire half of the stadium will be blocked off for the most part and those top upper corners are going to be miles from the field.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Los...rial+Coliseum/

^photos from diff seats

http://losangelesramscoliseum.io-med...web/index.html

^3D view where you can plug in your seats and it gives you a virtual idea

The University of Southern California also plays there, so there should be plenty of seat views to judge your seats.

I saw they have some for that game on the 50 yard line on the visitors side for $188 or so as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I'd suggest as well is seatgeek.com

seat geek basically takes all prices from all of the ticket websites and puts them in one spot

Now, I generally will only buy from ticketmaster or stubhub, because they have various insurances behind their seats, but that doesn't mean the other sites are bad.

Just be careful who you spend your money with.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Nah no way bro. Mind, you may have to pay a little extra than face value the closer to the game, but you'll constantly be able to find tickets somewhere in the stadium.

$65 isn't bad to get in at all, but be careful. I heard the Coliseum isn't the best with views in some spots.

The University of Southern California plays there, so there should be plenty of seat views to judge your seats.

I saw they have some for that game on the 50 yard line on the visitors side for $188 or so as well.
    I was looking around again last night at the stadium. Home side, near the 50 up in the nosebleeds is $140-odd which is much better than the cheap seats. I probably wouldn't mind spending around $200 though to make sure I'm home side and near the 50.

Edit: Shit, they were visitor side. Blah.

I'd have preferred home side but visitor will do actually, fuck it. I like the Cards too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest it's not as if the stadium will be 50/50 split anyhow

it's nice to be on the home side but to be honest being on the visitor side is perfectly fine if you don't really care about "oh look there's (my favorite player) !!!!!

Also being "on the 50" is obviously great but to be completely fair I've enjoyed games from basically all areas of a football stadium.

On seatgeek they're showing seats around the 40-30 on the Rams side for $215 each in Row 6, which isn't bad either.

One thing I will say, being up a bit higher is def. ideal.

Sitting right on row 1 is cool for a little bit because you're right on top of the players basically

But it's hard to see the game if it's not right in front of you in fairness.

When you get closer to making a purchase by all means hit me up and I'll gladly dive in to see what can be found.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of hundred dollars for a seat is hugely lol. Are all American sports like that, or do NFL sides just need to coin it in to pay their fifty players eleventy billion quid each?

I remember an old episode of Home Improvement where Tim buys season tickets for some sport or another and ends up having to auction off specific games because his wife wants him dead for spending the money. It always struck me as odd, with my little four hundred quid Rangers season ticket, but if they're getting a hundred and fifty quid a game out of people then that episode suddenly makes sense.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    A couple of hundred dollars for a seat is hugely lol. Are all American sports like that, or do NFL sides just need to coin it in to pay their fifty players eleventy billion quid each?

I remember an old episode of Home Improvement where Tim buys season tickets for some sport or another and ends up having to auction off specific games because his wife wants him dead for spending the money. It always struck me as odd, with my little four hundred quid Rangers season ticket, but if they're getting a hundred and fifty quid a game out of people then that episode suddenly makes sense.
    I had to pay $120 a ticket to go see the Texas Longhorns college team before and that was seemingly going rate even for that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder they all turn up in vans with their own drinks and barbecues. You'd want to make a day of it for as little money as possible after you've been fucked to death for the ticket.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tailgating is

You're right though it is more of a whole day event, in football anyway. There's loads turn up for all that and don't even go to the game.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that's exactly why tailgating has become half of the exercise in itself.

I spent $250 or so to watch the Dolphins play the Patriots a couple years back.

Spent the same to watchthe University of Miami college team play their archrivals. Just checked the prices for the same game for this season: $170 just to walk in the fucking door.

This, again, is amateur football. Not even NFL.

It's really crazy, to be honest.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But honestly the tailgating is really so much fun, especially for big games.

Everyone grilling, drinks flowing, people are lighting up blunts in the middle of the parking lot lol, women are losing their inhibitions slowly but surely..

I can't wait for the previously mentioned University of Miami vs. Florida State game this year for this exact reason. Plus, the game itself is a lot of fun especially if it's a big game like that. The atmosphere is crazy.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But honestly the tailgating is really so much fun, especially for big games.

Everyone grilling, drinks flowing, people are lighting up blunts in the middle of the parking lot lol, women are losing their inhibitions slowly but surely..

I can't wait for the previously mentioned University of Miami vs. Florida State game this year for this exact reason. Plus, the game itself is a lot of fun especially if it's a big game like that. The atmosphere is crazy.
    It was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced that day, and that was a shit Longhorns getting stuffed by Baylor. So I can only imagine what a Canes FSU game or an Michigan ND game is like.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miami FSU games, especially years the game is in Miami, is an epic shitshow of hilarious proportions.

This was actually in Tallahassee (where FSU is) last year:

It's like this every fucking yeaaaaar and even worse when it's in Miami. (South Florida is basically a magnet for scumbags).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest it's not as if the stadium will be 50/50 split anyhow

it's nice to be on the home side but to be honest being on the visitor side is perfectly fine if you don't really care about "oh look there's (my favorite player) !!!!!

Also being "on the 50" is obviously great but to be completely fair I've enjoyed games from basically all areas of a football stadium.

On seatgeek they're showing seats around the 40-30 on the Rams side for $215 each in Row 6, which isn't bad either.

One thing I will say, being up a bit higher is def. ideal.

Sitting right on row 1 is cool for a little bit because you're right on top of the players basically

But it's hard to see the game if it's not right in front of you in fairness.

When you get closer to making a purchase by all means hit me up and I'll gladly dive in to see what can be found.
    Yeah I'm looking at the high seats, I want to actually see things. Lol at them charging a couple of grand for a touchline seat when you won't see shit of the actual game.