User Tag List

Page 17 of 312 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the way he just throws Eddie Lacy away too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That ejection in the Giants game is the most hilariously shite thing I've seen in a long time. A week too late officials you dickheads. That's as bad as I've seen the Giants play for what it's worth. We'll likely beat the Eagles next week so I don't get to see HoF'er Eli in the flesh

I'm on the Cardinals bandwagon after watching the Bruce Arians A Football Life. Anyone but the Panthers would be great.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just casually throwing Lacy out the way. I love it.

Next weeks game becomes a win/win. If the Eagles lose, I get to see them play. If the Eagles win, I get to see Beckham.

If he didn't play for the Giants I'd love a Beckham shirt, but it'd kind of spit in the face of any Eagles support I may have.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still the best shirt in the NFL, go for it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The work fantasy group were going to all buy the shirt of our favourite fantasy football players from the season. I'd be up for that, but not sure I could go for a Giants shirt.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot of us going to games next year...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ed-in-a-season

Through 15 games, the Saints have given up an NFL-record 43 touchdown passes. The previous record was 40 TD passes allowed by the 1963 Broncos.

New Orleans is also on pace to blow away the record for highest passer rating allowed in the Super Bowl Era at 117.1. The 2008 Detroit Lions currently own the dubious achievement, when opposing quarterbacks had a 110.9 passer rating against them. That Lions team went 0-16.

Even if you don't trust your own eyes enough to know Browner has been terrible this season, consider this: Pro Football Focus ranks Browner dead last among every corner who has taken a snap this season. He's not 210th by a small margin either. Browner's -40.6 rating is 12.9 points worse than the next closest player (Antwon Blake). In coverage, he grades out the worst by 12.0 points. Browner is allowing a 120.1 quarterback rating on passes thrown his direction, the fifth-worst mark in the NFL among corners playing 50 percent of a team's snaps.
    It really is crazy how shit the Saints have been in coverage this year.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Browner gives me hope that one day I too could be a cornerback in the NFL. He truly is an inspiration to us all, and that's worth more than wins or money ever could be.

As for the Sunday night game, the Giants were fucking terrible other than Rashad Jennings & Robert Ayers, and that ejection was proper lol. Think i'm rooting for the Bengals tonight as it keeps the Steelers in the hunt for a playoff spot. 'Mon AJ McCarron :cool;

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if Denver score five touchdowns off the defense I could still win my fantasy final.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top work from the Chargers here.

Not sure how the Bengals choked that game away after the way they started. Deciding to stop throwing downfield & instead start letting Jeremy Hill run directly into the nearest Denver lineman probably had something to do with it though. McCarron definitely looks the better prospect of the two QB's - Osweiler just stands and watches people rush him down & makes no attempt to avoid taking a sack, while McCarron looks to have more awareness of what's going on around him & how to move around, plus he seems to have a pretty good arm on him. That kick from Brandon McManus was hilarious as well

While we're on the subject of things that are hilarious, the Colts have signed Josh Freeman. Also looks like McCarron might be out next week having injured himself trying to recover the botched snap that lost them the game, so they might be stuck with their third string guy who's never played before, or Mike Kafka.

As surprising as an AFC playoff QB cast including Ryan Fitzpatrick & Alex Smith might have been at the start of the season, people's brains would've exploded if you said that they'd be joined by Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden or Josh Freeman & Mike Kafka

EDIT: Oh, and Gus Bradley is staying on at Jacksonville \o/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Freeman and Lindley, we want Tebow-mania.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Miami to pick him up & start running crazy wildcat formations with Tebow at RB/TE and Tannehill at WR

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The playoffs are pretty much set aren't they?

We all know that Patriots-Broncos and Panthers-Cardinals are set as respective Conference title matches surely?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An off-day for the Broncos defense will see them kicked out at the first opportunity unless Osweiler sharpens up. I like him but there's plenty for him to work on. I can't see Elway not sniffing about potential new QBs during the off-season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NFC is basically set, other than the Packers/Vikings game to sort out their division. The AFC still has a bit more to play for, but the Jets need to choke against Buffalo for the Steelers to still have a shot.

The Patriots will need to get a few more guys back if they're going to go all the way, and the Bengals will need a QB to have a good shot too, so there's certainly an outside shot that one of the wildcards springs an upset if they keep their momentum going. As for the NFC, I really hope the Cardinals steamroller everyone, but it really ought to be them v Carolina in the championship game. Green Bay have been way below their best all season, the Vikings don't have enough on offence, and Seattle have no running game anymore. Washington will be there too for a week, I guess, but I can't see them beating any of the other teams unless something really goes off

If the Pats are still shorthanded I could see Kansas City taking them out after wiping out the might Brandon Weeden & setting up an AFC Championship game against Cincinnati after they actually manage to beat Denver in the playoffs, at which point they could even go all the way if Dalton still isn't back. On the other side I have Seattle seeing off NFC North champs Minnesota & Green Bay beating Washington (sorry Kirk ) before they both get done in by the top two seeds.

I really want the Steelers/Cardinals dream to come true, but I'd settle for Chiefs/Cards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steelers aren't getting into the playoffs.

Despite our shitness we swept the fuckers and kept Antonio Brown to 103 yards on 12 catches in said games even with our shambolic secondary

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chip experiment/shambles is over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-of-chip-kelly

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone listen to any NFL / American sports podcasts? I've been listening to Russillo and Kanell for awhile now, they're pretty entertaining but a little shallow in their insights.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    The Chip experiment/shambles is over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-of-chip-kelly
    At last! Take Sam Bradford with you and get a good defence in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New coach bounce to beat the Giants so I can see them in London next year

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith is coming back

Also, Bryant & Jeffery have been put on IR, and Manziel is being tested for a possible concussion.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a hero.

Steve Smith, Kamar Aiken and Breshad Perriman (assuming he ever fucking recovers from his knee injury) should be fucking golden.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and how is this for a stat.

Five of the six receivers listed on the active roster to start the season have been placed on IR.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just watched the Houston/Tennessee game. My God the Titans are bad. Mariota, Walker & Green-Beckham are pretty much the only decent players on the team. Maybe Harry Douglas as well if we're being nice.

They have three bad RB's, although Antonio Andrews is particularly terrible from what I've seen of him, and Zach Mettenberger might well be the worst QB I've ever seen - he barely gets a pass within five yards of the intended receiver, and half of the times he does it's skidding off the floor by the time it gets there, and he almost always makes the wrong decision on what to do with the ball. He's probably not even good enough to be a backup at the minute - crippled Mariota would almost certainly still be better.

Their cornerbacks looked awful too. They could get the top two picks in the draft and still be a shit team. They're just average or worse in practically every position. They can't run the ball, they can hardly throw the ball & they can't defend. They've hit a level of complete, team-wide mediocrity that can only be described as Browns-esque.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're shit but Delanie Walker is a fucking hero.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Ray Lewis' A Football Life today and I actually have something in common with him.

We're both outfuckingstanding at Monopoly and are constantly accused of cheating at it

Now I'm not sure about Ray but I most certainly was cheating at every possible chance I could get because it makes the game so much more realistic.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone been keeping up with the college football bowl season?

I watched the majority of both games in the CFB playoffs - BAMA again looking strong and machine-like whilst Clemson took a while to get it going against Oklahoma. I think Bama will do it though, the guy Henry is just a superstar against amateurs.

Watched the Fiesta Bowl today (Ohio State beat Notre Dame) and now got the Rose Bowl on (Stanford v Iowa). It's interesting seeing the pro-prospects. Mccaffery the RB/WR for Stanford scorched Iowa on the opening play for about an 80 yard TD. The big DEnd for Ohio Bose got ejected early in the other game though, which was a bugger. What a way to end your college career.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post

I watched the majority of both games in the CFB playoffs - BAMA again looking strong and machine-like whilst Clemson took a while to get it going against Oklahoma. I think Bama will do it though, the guy Henry is just a superstar against amateurs.

Watched the Fiesta Bowl today (Ohio State beat Notre Dame) and now got the Rose Bowl on (Stanford v Iowa). It's interesting seeing the pro-prospects. McCaffrey the RB/WR for Stanford scorched Iowa on the opening play for about an 80 yard TD. The big DEnd for Ohio Bose got ejected early in the other game though, which was a bugger. What a way to end your college career.
    And McCaffrey absolutely nailed it with 368 all purpose yards on his own against Iowa who were the 5th ranked team in college football. He's a sophomore too, so has to come go back to Stanford next year.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the OSU @ Clemson game while I was home, just because everyone else had gone out for New Years and I have young kids so I don't do that now. While close in the first half, the 2nd half saw Clemson run away with it.

Deshaun Watson looked pretty handy, especially rushing. Not sure how well he'd come on in the big league though.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post

Watched the Fiesta Bowl today (Ohio State beat Notre Dame) and now got the Rose Bowl on (Stanford v Iowa). It's interesting seeing the pro-prospects. Mccaffery the RB/WR for Stanford scorched Iowa on the opening play for about an 80 yard TD. The big DEnd for Ohio Bose got ejected early in the other game though, which was a bugger. What a way to end your college career.
    Not watched this season, but I've subscribed to a few YouTube channels that upload full games, so I'll probably fill the offseason by watching lots of games then.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Bruce will be hitting the bar then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \o/

Hopefully he leaves with a final possession loss so they come to London. He won't to spite me though the old bastard.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Mike Pettine will be available as well. The Browns are a fucking shambles.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got $40 on the Redskins at +4.

Let's goo.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what do some playoff bound teams need offseason? Patriots are probably run riot at this rate. Panthers might have a chance

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another week with no Kevin.

He's clearly walked or been pushed.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chargers, Rams & Raiders are all expected to apply for relocation, and at the minute none of them are likely to be approved

Josh Freeman starts for the Colts. What a day.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just checked Cadle's Twitter and I've discovered two things.

Firstly, he will be back for the playoffs.

Secondly, he has come up with, quite possibly, the worst book title known to man for his autobiography. Gentlemen, I present to you:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more tears from Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Dara bint needs to be taken out back and shot, what a useless fucker.

Jerry Dome will be rioting tonight

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cadle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giants doing the business

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 drives, 3 TD's.

Proper lol at the Cowboys defence.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redskins on a charge, and the Jets are choking Pittsburgh back into contention

Fabulous TD catch on the sideline from Ben Watson, and it looks like Brady may have a bit of an ankle problem after getting sacked by Suh.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DeAngelo Williams has been carted off. Guess Big Ben's going to have to throw more now. Pity his receivers are so bad...

EDIT: Hang on, Austin Davis is playing for Cleveland again? Did Johnny hit the club again?

In other QB change news, the Redskins have pulled Kirk Cousins before the end of the first half.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concussion.

Anyway, beating the Bengals

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow o/

How far can the Bengals fall if they lose?

EDIT: Reversed. Bengals can't fall either, so it's pretty much irrelevant.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the third, which is where they started.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolute magic.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S-Jax in the end zone