User Tag List

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frustrating afternoon for me too, in that I've been absolute dogshit.

Played 6 games in Division 6 for a 1-2-3 record (), including two absolute tonkings. One was against a genuinely good player, so can't complain too much about that, but the other was a 5-0 loss to someone I'd have beaten comfortably yesterday. Chief offence is finishing, which has completely deserted me and was probably the only thing I'm actually any good at on the game. Missing one one ones regularly and consistently hitting the woodwork as well.

Just shat my way to a 1-0 win in the 7th game to go to 8 points, needing two more from the last three games to stay up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Ligue 1 premium pack and I get TOTS Mendy.

Not too shabby.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost the next two games playing just as badly, but saved the only decent performance of the lot for the final game where we got the win we needed to stay up - 4-2, with a hat-trick from Suarez. He's got 40 goals in 47 games now, most of which have been coming on the second half of games from the bench. Absolute legend.

That'll probably be it for the games tonight, need to quit while I'm ahead (or not relegated).

Shifted a load of consumables throughout the day so the coinage is now just under 2m. Think I'll spend the rest of the evening shifting some players, there's about 100 or so I want to get rid of and then bank 2m coins once I get there (for when prices hit rock bottom) and anything over that will be used to build up packs for the EA TOTS, with maybe a cheeky stab at 84+ TOTW SBC too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's a fucking disgusting team I can't even imagine how much money they spent to get that.
    I've priced that up and if you bought that first 11 right now it's 13.3m coins. I mean... how?!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What do EA normally do to keep this going over the summer months when the European seasons are over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Take pre-orders for FIFA 18.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll just be obscenely good at trading.

You'd have to put thousands in (possibly tens of) to 'buy' that team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2m coins are reached so everything from this point to when the EA TOTS is released will go into accumulating packs to be opened then. I'll then spend the 2m on a shiny new team, hopefully built around a decent TOTS player.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have icons replaced legends then?

Think I'll be all over that version due to the loanees and packs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows literally no gameplay, great trailer Legend (or Icon) Fat Ronaldo though

Same, Yev. I'll be getting the one with the most packs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed.

It's worth it in the long run.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it, as it looks like the Icon edition is going to be around £90. Would it not be better value to just buy the standard edition & spend the other £30 on Fifa points to get less, but better, packs immediately? From what I understand everything is overpriced at the start of the game, so it should be easier to make lots of coins that way.

Downsides are no early access & less of the loan/jumbo packs, but will that really make a big difference?

I've assembled my hybrid team at last, so I might hop on this afternoon & get destroyed in the DKT and/or start division 5.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought the Icon edition, but suspect I'll whack some cash into packs at the start due to everything being overpriced then.

Are we getting a new TOTS today and accompanying SBC?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SBC is out, TOTS should be at around 8 IIRC.

Liga NOS seems to be the popular opinion on Reddit.

Especially now that the SBC has dropped with the following requirements:

# of players from LIGA NOS: Min 1
    # of players from LIGA Bancomer MX: Min 1
    Leagues: Min 4
    Squad Rating: Min 70
    Team Chemistry: Min 90
    # of players in the Squad: 11

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Semedo.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the most exciting set of leagues, but I should be able to do the SBC pretty easily.

Semedo should be disgusting.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was just looking at him on Futbin. He barely even needs a defensive chem style to be amazing - I'm thinking backbone, gladiator or guardian would be enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably go Guardian or Sentinel. With the former he has dribbling stats that piss all over Messi and the latter gives him +15 to strength.

Interestingly I can't see any on the market yet and Futbin doesn't have him down as being sold either.

I'm definitely having him at some point.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried the DKT twice earlier. Got bodied in the first round both times, while playing in some delightful lag. Great time all round, really.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given up on it and am just alternating between online and offline seasons. Since the TOTS cards were given as a reward I have no chance.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, same

I've done offline up to Div. 1 & online to Div. 5, but I haven't actually started either of those seasons. Playing against the AI is pretty shit, but so is playing against the AI, someone way better than you & the server all at the same time

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought this tonight as it was down to $20 brand new. Apparently one of the big retailers here does an annual trade in of $25 if you buy next years so why not.

Bought PES last year but it was a pain in the hole even though I really enjoyed the game so Ill probably just switch back.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, given I have Carlos Martins from Most Consistent, who looks sweaty as fuck.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 4th TOTS SBC which wasn't too painful, but probably the hardest yet.

Started the saving up of packs from unfinished SBC's and have accumulated the following so far:

4 x Jumbo Premium Gold Packs
    6 x Rare Gold Packs

I'm quite enjoying doing it and I've got shitloads still to go at, so I might dip into the 2m player fund I'd ringfenced before.

Itching to do an 84+ TOTW player SBC as well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another go at the TOTW, 35k of coins roughly and (having pulled 84 Guardado before) I got 84 Sule this time.

When they said 84+ I'm guessing the + was a typo.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this was the first one with a squad rating, so I wonder if they're going to start making them more demanding in the last few weeks. Think we should have a Russian league one, a Latin America one, and then a Rest of the World one which will presumably require something along the lines of 11 gold cards of different nationalities & 90 chem.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the shit TOTW pull I decided to open the packs I was meant to be saving. Some pretty good pulls, the highlights below:

Chiellini
    TOTS Coates
    IF Acuna
    Isco
    MotM Mertersacker (how is he still in packs? When I saw the orange card I thought I'd pulled Ronaldo)

Not too shabby.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I am already hooked on trying to shoehorn players into these basic challenges.

This was a bad choice

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another go at the TOTW, 35k of coins roughly and (having pulled 84 Guardado before) I got 84 Sule this time.

When they said 84+ I'm guessing the + was a typo.
    To be fair I've done pretty well out of it. Couple of 84s, but along with 88 Son (now useless though as I have the 89), 90 Robben, 86 Glick.

Also got TOTS Marquinhos last night at the second time of asking. Easiest DTKO in weeks, but annoying.

I had 86 IF Marquinhos in one of my line ups until Monday when I decided to buy Neuer and TOTS Perrin in place of the aforementioned Centre half and Trapp at Gk. Neuer is crazy good, and so is Perrin, and Marquinhos doesn't get 10 Chem in his place without Trapp.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another go last night and pulled 84 Nkoulou. Which is better, but if I'd pulled 90 Robben I'd be ecstatic.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just opened a couple of bronzes and pulled Steve Cook. Eight grand right there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really annoyingly TOTS Semedo's max BIN is so low he's barely on the market for 5 seconds before being snapped up. I've not even seen one on the market yet and I've checked numerous times.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just done the DKT on my first try again. I've done that 3/4 times now. The only game that was tricky was the final. My opponent scored in added time in the 45th, 90th and 105th minutes. Luckily I was a goal up each time, and nabbed my 4th and the eventual winner in the 2nd half of extra time.
    I had a spare silver attributes card lying around so I put it on standard Firmino in the final. It turned him into a fantastic player and he got 3 of my 4 goals. I know it wont be the same, but it's made me think about buying his 2IF card. Seems like a good upgrade. I only need a CAM for my team really and I wouldn't mind picking up Pogba for my central CM. All depends on how much I get on top of my 45k tomorrow.

No idea what to do with that Marquinhos. He looks like a great substitute CB/CDM/defensive CM. I wouldn't mind trying him in a team, but don't have enough to buy a team worthy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another couple of cracks at the TOTW SBC. Pulled two 86 rated GK's. One Croat and one Spanish. Might build a Croat team with the former and the latter will come in handy when I finally do a La Liga team again and unleash 10 chemistry for SBC Suarez.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Marquee Matchup rewards for this week look so crap I don't think I'll bother.

Traded in 4 of my useless TOTW SBC rewards and some other players in the club (+ a couple I had to buy) for another stab at it and pulled 85 Firmino. Best one so far and he goes straight into my Premier League side.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had pretty much the same thoughts about MM this week, to be honest. Especially when I realised I needed to buy pretty much everything.

Sold Torreira back for a small profit, and I've put 88 Jonas up because he's shit, as well as TOTS Plattenhardt up to try to get some coins back while he's still near the 60k I paid for him. Thinking about picking up Andre Silva, who looks like a nice option to fit into my Portugal/Germany/Turkey hybrid - better pace than the other strikers I've been using there, as well as being strong & good in the air.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIFA 17 demo pulled from PSN, by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened my rewards before seeing the big Twitter announcment. Got TOTW Moutinho and sold him for 30k. Nothing else, but I know rare golds sell for over 1k on a Friday. So I could get 24k from my remaining gold cards.

I've 250k now, so that may put me just on the doorstep of that MOTM Mkhitaryan. He could well be the CAM I need. I'd love to try Pogba in the team too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99% of rare golds have sold for over £1k every day for a few weeks now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sniped TOTS Nelson Semedo.

One benefit of staying up all night to watch the election.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked this up for $15 as it was on massive discount on the PS store. How can I get up to speed as quickly as possible? I've put together a rather shit team of silvers that is manageable as long as I play defensive and counter attacking and I've beaten a fair few all-gold teams already.

Are more people doing this Champions Weekend League or the Seasons?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend League by a mile.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WL is the ticket.

Do some SBCs too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is SBC?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad builder challenges. I posted a good Reddit link a page or two ago.

But all you really need to know is cost of each pack and do the SBCs that grant packs for cheaper than RRP.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8-5 so far. Losses have been very tight, to defensive players with narrow formations that I just couldn't break down fully without committing so much as to invite he counter and even then two of those were on pens, so feeling positive in pursuing Gold 1 in my first proper crack at it in a while. Shame I'm moving in the middle of one of the weekends and that I was out all last weekend as I'd have liked to have raked in a good haul in here monthlies given TOTS are In there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a go at the 84+ TOTW tradeable and pulled 86 Joe Hart. Cost about 60k and he goes for 20k. Might keep him though.

Not sure I like the tradeable element involving 2 TOTW players, it's going to decimate the stocks of available IFs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did an untradeable one earlier today with untradeables. The team I used would have worked in the new tradeable SBC

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you get?