User Tag List

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's Barca down. 60k cost and probably the worst mega-pack imaginable. My luck with packs (which was going nicely), has totally deserted me now.

And yeah Fox, I've got no killer bench players at all and Suarez seems the best value of the untradeables still available so I figured he'd do nicely. Also gives me a starting point for the inevitable return to La Liga. I miss Ben Yedder and Messi.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it better value to sell/discard all other cards & buy rare golds than it is to actually do the upgrades?

Having said that, I think it's literally impossible to get to the end of the transfer list to actually buy them - 100 pages deep at 650 start/1000 BIN only gets you about five minutes in

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried it, but I don't get the value in those upgrade SBC's from first glance.

Just polished off Real and Suarez is mine. Total net cost of around 160k I think, which would have been less if my packs from the big three hadn't been awful.

Need to get a card for him now, which is complicated by him only having 6 chemistry off the bench, but I think I'll go with Marksman to start with and change to Hawk or Hunter if he's too slow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with the Marksman card and brought him on in an Offline seasons Division 5 game. Hit the post with his first touch, before missing a half chance while off balance and then rasping the bar again this time from 30 yards.

Not to be his day as far as scoring is concerned, but then in the last minute he's involved in an innocuous challenge (or so I thought) in the middle of the pitch. Stretcher on. Upper Body injury. Out for 5 games. I don't do injury cards.

This game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Isn't it better value to sell/discard all other cards & buy rare golds than it is to actually do the upgrades?

Having said that, I think it's literally impossible to get to the end of the transfer list to actually buy them - 100 pages deep at 650 start/1000 BIN only gets you about five minutes in
    Probably but I hate going through the transfer list trying to find rares.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team is shaping up nicely.

Strong and tall midfield is good. Ogbonna comes in to be even faster than Bailly, but with better workrates. De Gea replaces Lloris. Now the question is where to spend the rest. I have 175k left which will be bumped by 45k on Thursday. With a few sales and the discards from packs I should be close to 250k.
    This allows me to do a couple of things, I could buy a big player for the CAM position(86 Firmino/89 Coutinho/89 Sanchez) or I can spend it on the defence. Assuming I pull nothing major, I could have just TOTS Azpilacueta. Or I could pick up his TOTW instead and buy a left back. If I played Azpi as my LCB it would mean I could use any EPL or Spanish left back. This opens up possibilities of Jordi Alba, however that would leave that side of my defence short of height. Also possible is a TOTS from Liga NOS which is supposed to be tomorrows offering according to reddit.
    I could also buy TOTS Keane here and just have 85 Alonso.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTS Bas Dost, Jonas & Nelson Semedo are going to be disgusting. Ederson should be pretty tasty as well.

That could be the league for me to build around should I decide to abandon the Bundesliga, actually.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTS Orban drops now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saudi and Turks then.

Al Soma looks mental.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I've already got a TOTS Saudi.

I bought a Premium gold players pack and got Fallata as well as another Plattenhardt in the same pack (but this one is tradeable).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave the DKT a go tonight and won at first try. There was only 1 game that gave me any troubles and I won that 4-2. My finishing has let me down. I could well have scored double figures per game tonight, I was on fire. I'd bought Sanchez but while he feels great, he could use that extra bit of pace. My overall play seemed to improve though.

Gave my mate a game afterwards. Beat him 6-2 in the first, but forgot to put Pulisic on the bench. Got him on the bench for the 2nd game and brought him straight on. Ended up scoring 2 and setting 2 up in a 6-1 win. He's absolutely rapid and has a good finish. Reminds me a lot of my 88 Mertens. Mates Butland was on form and made double figure saves per match too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His complete lack of strength really puts me off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just packed fucking Ronaldo from a jumbo premium gold pack I got from the Italy Playing Abroad SBC

I've made almost 1m coins in the last few days, considering Piszczek is currently up for 267k. The real question is, do I sell CR7 for 700k now or is he likely to rise in price once the La Liga TOTS drops?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanker.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 3rd TOTS SBC and think I'll make about 9k from the pack. Ok, so it's not pulling Ronaldo, but hey ho.

To answer the question, if I did pull Ronaldo, I'd probably keep him and use him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've been gutted if it had been untradeable. Will be up to 1.3m coins when those two go, so I think I can probably afford to spend some money on my squad now

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SBC Suarez is brilliant. So much so I need to work out a way to get him into the starting line up without tanking his and the team's chemistry.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with this in the end.

Gus Poyet heading it up so everyone gets a bonus +1 to the chem you see above, bar Rafinha and Fellaini. The latter is still a CDM as he might be too slow to play at CM, in which case I'll move him to CDM and bring someone else in, maybe Kante.

A bit of an indulgence on the Belgian (and brings the coins down to 1.52m), but I wanted to try him out and got him for 38,750 with a Catalyst card. Hopefully I'll be able to sell his normal card for a few grand as well as I had a shadow card on it.

Still, Suarez in the team and on 8 chemistry.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellaini is a bit of a lummox at CM, so I've listed him and now have my eyes on this bad boy.

Only 45k ish I think.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Iniesta any good?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, absolutely dreadful. Too weak and has shit stamina.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I suspected.

Rafinha's the same, so that leaves me looking at another Barcelona player to link to Suarez that works with the Premier League.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Suarez might go back on the bench.

Fellaini is sold and I'm looking at bringing in Gundogan and Dembele in central midfield, both of which look beastly compared to what I currently have.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piszczek gone for 267k, and Ronaldo has slowly climbed up above 725k, so I have a potential 1.4m in coins to spend. Going to do a few SBCs for packs, then I'll start saving them up for the EA TOTS, in the hope that prices drop again. Might invest a few coins into some cards as well, in the hopes of making some decent money.

Think we can guess from the TOTW that the Calcio A isn't coming this Friday - literally ten cards from there in the side

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can players end up in the League TOTS and then the EA one?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the EA one at the end is a re-release of all of the best TOTS cards, so we'll get Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Ibra, Lewandowski, Cavani etc all in the same week

There's literally not a single fresh CR7 on the market at the minute, so I'm pretty tempted to whack mine up for something silly & see if anyone wants a clean card badly enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do clean cards bother other people as well? I thought it was just me.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's a decent proportion of people who are willing to pay more for cards that haven't played any games. I certainly hope so - might start at 800k & work my way down to 750k if it doesn't sell.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can easily get tens to hundreds of thousands more for cards that are fresh. Especially attackers. People want clean records.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Ligue 1 TOTS this Friday. I think it's too soon after the EPL for La Liga(or the 3/4 cards that everyone wants)to drop. No one would care for the rest much. So I think the option left must be Ligue 1. This should be the start of much better bang for buck cards.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hundreds of thousands more, you say? 900k it is then

Ligue 1 does seem like the favourite - think I'd heard something about La Liga being June 9th, so France>Italy>Spain seems the likely order. The next four weeks cards will all be cheaper because of the number of people getting them at FUT Champs rewards, so hopefully that will in turn cause BPL/Bundesliga cards to drop as people get enticed by relatively cheap cards in other leagues.

EDIT: Two fresh CR7 on the market, one expired for 950k & the other is 800k start/880k BIN & has no bids with 20mins left, so I'll keep an eye on that & see whether there's interest at that price.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to hold fire on splurging on that Lallana and have instead been silver trading up and doing offline seasons all afternoon. Took one of the division four titles to move up to division three and have made 30k from silver trading to move over 1.6m coins again.

Looking at the leaderboard I was quite surprised to see I've now earned 293,710 coins from 344 games. Probably quite modest compared to some on here, but a sizeable chunk nonetheless and I only started this in March. Are some of you close to a million?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try undercutting him by 10k. Shouldn't be too many other people about with a fresh one.

Word is that monthly rewards drop tomorrow with the weeklies. Given I've only an EPL team and super subs I kind of only have use of either a top card or an EPL one. Given that I'm never getting Neymar I have 4 shots at getting the following:

92 Pogba
    92 De Bruyne
    92 Aguero
    90 Son
    89 Schmiechel
    89 Coutinho
    86 Emre Can
    84 Gini Wijnaldum

Beyond that there's not a lot that's usable from the right league, but I'd be more than delighted with even 1 from that list.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you go to get your FUT news Fox?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo ended up going for 760k, which is pretty solid, considering his BIN is around 720-735k at the minute. Will go through & finish the Playing Abroad SBC & then do some more Bundesliga packs, but it's getting close to the point where I just start saving everything up for the final week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Where do you go to get your FUT news Fox?
    I follow the main fan sites(FUTBIN, FUTHEAD, FUTWIZ etc) and big FUT Youtubers on Twitter. Usually one of them gets their info early.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a couple of investments with my newly gained coinage - picked up 88 Jonas for 23k & TOTS Martin Jorgensen for 21.25k, which is literally about 500 coins above discard. Might go in on a couple more if I can get my hands on them that cheaply, just in case there are actually some premium SBCs coming that require TOTS cards.

That Jonas is simply too good for 23k, so even with a guaranteed TOTS card coming in the next couple of weeks I can't imagine him getting much lower, and even if he does drop he surely won't stay this cheap forever. Anyway, with TOTS Gelson Martins & Danilo Pereira both under 30k I might have to knock up some kind of Liga NOS investment side team.

EDIT: Danilo Pereira for 25k, when he BINS for 29 is pretty solid. Added a few TOTS Tosun & Miguel Lopes too, since they're both selling at discard as well, and rounded it off with TOTS Torreira. Might even be able to squeeze all these investments into one team alongside some of my existing cards, which is pretty lol.

Looks kinda fun too...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do EA normally do to keep this going over the summer months when the European seasons are over?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take pre-orders for FIFA 18.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha.

Opened a few bronze packs and packed one of the Italian IFs, which was nice.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nalini

My favourite bronze player to trade with - he was regularly selling for 1.5k BIN but able to be picked up for less than 500 coins. TOTS has probably messed that up now though.

That Totti card looks shit for a retirement tribute. Should've given him a 90 rated throwback SBC card. Same with Lahm, actually.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unreal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's also gone 40-0 in the WL with a full bronze team. Madness.

Also as yet it doesn't look like there'll be monthly rewards tonight. A shame, but I'm not expecting a lot either way.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an argument to say he's the best player, but for some reason he doesn't really do much in the way of bothering to complete the WL or enter those $$$$ tournaments.

Just packed not one, but two TOTS players from SBC pack rewards.

I got all excited with the first until I remembered it was Saudi Arabia. Bismark doesn't offer anything so I'll be binning him off via the transfer list, but I might keep Carlos Eduardo for posterity. Building a Brazil team could be quite cool.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine he gets a fair amount from signing for Hashtag United. He normally follows Hashtag Tass to events and acts as the guy who sets up his team. Seems more in it for the ride, rather than the tournaments themselves.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marquee Match Ups this week... Cost me £2.8k for a couple of players I needed, but errrr... Packed two TOTS walkouts back to back - Sule and Dembele

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, which I find a bit odd given how good he is. To the best of my knowledge there's no-one else coming close to pulling off the stuff he does. IIRC he also beat one of the official best in the world with a Croatian team for shits and giggles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Marquee Match Ups this week... Cost me £2.8k for a couple of players I needed, but errrr... Packed two TOTS walkouts back to back - Sule and Dembele
    I get a couple of crappy Saudi's and you pull that...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damn it Merse. Dembele is 850k.

Monthly rewards will be out tonight. Their concept version just appeared which tends to only happen a few hours before. I'll have 3 reward packs, 1 normal pack and my 4 red monthlies to open. Watch me get fuck all from them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Fox.

How many/what cards are in the red monthly packs?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Good luck Fox.

How many/what cards are in the red monthly packs?
    http://www.futhead.com/champions/rewards/?page=1

I'm getting any 4 of those golds. Most likely 2+ of them will be 81 rated and useless. As I've said before I'll be happy with a usable Premier League card.