User Tag List

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This market business is really annoying those with 1 team and no fitness/injury cards. I'm thankful I have the 2 teams.

I'll be hopping on soon. If this results in an extension I'll be delighted, but I don't see them doing it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things seem to have clicked for me.

I knew I wouldn't be able to do 40 so I didn't bother qualifying and instead I just played a few games in seasons.

Won 3 in a row without conceding and now have a winning record (242-35-240).

I really love my main team and the more I play the better I play with them.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started my weekend dedicated to FUT Champs with 6 losses on Friday night under bad lag and with tired eyes. Pretty much wrote things off then, but managed 3-1 yesterday to raise a bit of positive feeling but nonetheless, went out last night and to the pub to catch the games today. Having had a few hours tonight I've managed 7-2 to bring myself up to 10-9 overall. Had I not forced myself to play on Friday night I might have had a real shot at Elite. Still, I'll playing through the night to secure Gold 3/2 and maybe even Gold 1 on current form.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've stopped on 21 wins. That sees me come up 6 wins short of Elite 3 for the month, which is a little shitty. Had I known they were changing the tiers I'd have gone past my 18 wins in week 1. I still had 10+ games left then and I still have 7 left now. I'm stopping as I'm burnt out.

I even had my best ever start to a weekend too. I got myself right up to 12-1. All was going swimmingly, but then I ran into a guy called Epsilon Fully. Pro player and he destroyed me. I lead him 1-0 then 2-1 but his mega team took complete control in the 2nd half and I felt a little helpless. You can tell how bad it got after that if I went from 12-1 to 21-12.

I feel like I've not enjoyed tonight at all. But in reality it's because those I've beaten, I've gone 2 or 3 up early. They quit straight out. Most of the games I've played the full 90in I've lost, so it feels like that's all I've done.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stopped on 18, with 8 games to spare. Glad I got going eventually, but a reminder of how much time it takes to grind out the games. Next weekend I'll have the girlfriend over and a birthday bbq followed by pubbing to attend so at most I may get games on Friday and Sunday nights, but don't see myself getting more than 15-20 in.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forced slog to put in a set number of games sounds hellish. Fuck being beholden to some EA addiction. It seems entirely sculpted to get people hooked (not in a good way).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate Team just sounds like a horrendous pit to fall into. Losing your shit over packs or speculating on in form versions of a player you already have.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an MMO essentially. It has all of the hallmarks - including excessive grinding. Still, if you find fun in it via the building of teams and economy building then it can be very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely fun, but the disparity between player costs ruins it somewhat. That 95% of players can be bought for under a thousand coins, with ridiculous jumps in the remaining 5% is annoying.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year seems like people are able to much easier get a top-notch team collected though - all the squads you guys are posting are the sort of things only maybe John was putting together on previous versions.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the SBC's have definitely helped with that.

Made the market much easier to make coins from and the SBC's themselves can be profitable.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the opposite, I only play weekends and only the FUT Champions mode. The only SBCs I've done are for players I want to use.

There's so many ways to make coin in this game without putting real money in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, yep, fair point. FUT Champions would have helped me too if I wasn't shit at the game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of selling Son and doing this:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3119545

OTW Dembele would then come on for Modeste at the start of the match.

Just lost in the final of the DKT on penalties, ugh. I'm so good at shootouts unless there's something big on the line. Had two saved which doesn't usually happen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish he had just quit at half time or something.

4 for Sharp and Bent, 2 for Alli, 1 for Agbonlahor, 1 for Friend and 5 for his keeper.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving the weekend league a go again? I personally found the DKT harder than the league is itself. At least they sort of stop good players constantly replaying the thing now though.

I've been advised to sell up my Serie A side to raise funds. Go back and use my Mertens, El Shaarawy and Lacazette untradeable cards as super subs and switch to a La Liga-ish side.

I've looked at something like this:

I have all bar the inside forwards and Assenjo. Obviously I'd prefer Ronaldo or Messi up there, but they are more coins than I have.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll be able to play the WL again from this week.

And yes, I agree completely. DKT is so much harder than the WL, it's not even close.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant matchmaking.

2-0 loss thanks to two goals in the last ten minutes against my secondary side.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geezer is such a don. Up to 58 games with 52 goals and 13 assists.

It's been nice not having to do WL so it is a little bittersweet.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spotted 89 Thiago climbing back up in price earlier & managed to move him on for 70k before his price dropped again. Paid 69 so only really lost the tax, which I'm okay with.

Going to run through loads of SBCs to gain packs then I might invest whatever I have left. Still got 87 Sommer in goal, so that's another 30k I can free up if I need to, but should be fine to keep him a bit longer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Yeah, I'll be able to play the WL again from this week.

And yes, I agree completely. DKT is so much harder than the WL, it's not even close.
    WL Qualification is definitely easier via Seasons for me. Promotion to D1 or staying in it has more wriggle room than winning 4 on the bounce against a lot of WL players.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disregard seasons a lot sadly.

I'm in division 3 right now sitting at 2-0 IIRC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Thinking of selling Son and doing this:

OTW Dembele would then come on for Modeste at the start of the match.

Just lost in the final of the DKT on penalties, ugh. I'm so good at shootouts unless there's something big on the line. Had two saved which doesn't usually happen.
    How has Lewandowski got 10 chemistry in that set up? I get penalised much more for red links in other formations.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How has Lewandowski got 10 chemistry in that set up? I get penalised much more for red links in other formations.
    It's all to do with the links going into him.

You get 4 kinds of links. Each one lets you do other things around them.

Perfect link - Same nation, same club. One of these links can support two dead links for no loss of chemistry. For example, Pogba and Martial linking to each other means each player can support the two dead links. This is how I can cram my 91 Torres into a side while only using Koke.

Strong link - Same club or same nation in the same league. Not as strong as a perfect link. Can support 1 dead link. Players with only 2 links are ideal to use this as only one strong links will have them on full chem, which is how Mahow has Lewa on 10 there.

Standard link - Same league or same nation only. The weakest chem giving link. Can't support any dead link. You can have 4 of these connected to a player, but with one dead link he'll drop to 6 chemistry instantly.

Dead link - No chemistry at all. These are the red lines going into players. If you have any dead links connected to a player, you need at least a strong link elsewhere to get him to full chemistry.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Fox, did not know that. Have they relaxed it from previous versions?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loyalty bumps him from 9 too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is done.

OTW Dembele to come on for Guilavogui during the match.

This weekend should be fun.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Emre Can released tonight is a fucking obscenity. FUTHead puts him at 87 as an attacker, 89 for creator and defender, and 90 beast rating. That's roughly the same spread as the 88 Nainggolan, and his value seems to match, he's going for upwards of a quarter million. Still, though, being among the best midfielders in the game short of the SBC Kante seems a bit strong, even allowing for that bonkers goal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got monthly rewards unexpectedly with my weekly and really regret opening them.

Usually my luck comes in bunches. So when all 3 of my Gold 2 packs contained nothing I should really have stopped. Opened my monthly rewards to get 86 Dost, 85 Mustafi, 84 Toornstra, 82 Rossi and 81 Delaney. Gutted.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's brutal

Speaking of which, EA have decided to start being proper trolls with marquee matchups the last couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because they hate people knowing what's coming in advance. Can't have people making coins too easy now.

Sold up my Serie A team now. I've 450k. I can go with my original plan of bringing in Bale and Neymar. However I'm right on the cusp of affording Messi.

2 other options are spend a little and save for Ronaldo, or try a Ligue 1 side out.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, seems that way. Not even going to bother attempting most of them, I don't think. Managed to do the Turkish one with players in the club, but I have basically nothing for any of the others, so it'd cost way too much to be worth doing. Might pick up a few German rares if they're cheap to finish off the Bundesliga one, but otherwise I'm just selling off whatever I can. Should still pick up about 20k in coins despite only having Ajax players & a few from Besiktas/Fenerbahce.

Ligue 1 side sounds appealing - I had a look at knocking up a squad yesterday, actually, so it'd be interesting to see what you came up with.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Messi, Bale and Neymar and preferred Messi by a mile.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Bale with an Architect card on him. With his pace and the 95 strength from that card he's just a complete battering ram with stupid technical ability. I've lost count the number of times he's flattened two defenders then launched a rocket into the far corner.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 wins and 1 draw in division 3 since changing to the new team (should have won the draw too) but I'm struggling to bring the wider two CAMs (Martial and Dembele) into the game as much as I need.

Martial is doing more to occupy defences but neither is grabbing any goals or assists right now. It's all coming from Lewandowski, Thiago and mother fucking Kante.

Thinking of bringing in Pogba for Ousmane just to give me a bit more strength there as Dembele is struggling the most.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no Vitesse players at all, ugh.

Edit: Did it, got Dirar. Brilliant.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend league started well. Worked from home and managed 7-2 whilst on conference calls all morning. One of the losses was a game I was winning 4 times and ended up losing on on pens so that was frustrating as fuck, but the other I can have no complaints with.

TOKO Mbappe Lottin stood out playing against me, along with IF Balde Diao who is horrendously elusive.

Also picked up MOTM Ox Chamberlain in my reward packs. Seems decent. MM's supplied me a few more 84 and 83's along with SIF Consigli so I'm bursting at the seems with SBC fodder in preparation for TOTS.

Annoyingly, I also thought I'd be clever and get myself a mega pack by using a Spurs Alex Hunter in the Alli SBC. Unfortunately it seems they've patched it out, which is rather gutting. Spent 4 hours yesterday pressing advance, simulate, forfeit all day on the journey whilst doing other stuff to get the damn card, so now I have a Spurs Alex Hunter card with nothing to do with him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they patched it out pretty damn quickly.

I've only played 2 games thus far and lost both.

Sold Ousmane as I got annoyed by another game in which he went missing and have about 250k right now.

I'll switch in game to a 4-2-3-1 but I don't know who to put in right now. I could save up for Pogba, Son or Mkihitaryan or go SIF Can, TIF Eriksen, FIF Benteke or fuck knows.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just logged in to the Companion app & got a Silver Gift pack. I have no idea why.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a gold gift pack myself after seeing your post.

TOTS is underway isn't it?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I thought, but I couldn't see anything to suggest it was.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me. Look at the SBCs. More

Guaranteed 84+ TOTW players from previous weeks in exchange for 84 rated squads. Expires in 55 days. Fucking ace. I can rinse this bastard or just sell my stock pile of 84s and 83s for serious cash.

Edit : they're untradeable. Pretty certain this is the pre-cursor to TOTS over the next month or so, with IFs traded in for TOTS SBCs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew I should've bought a load of 86+ players last night

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck a duck, I sold a load the other night to bring in Martial.

Also sold whatever I got in the MM (quite a few actually) yesterday too. FUN TIMES.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Knew I should've bought a load of 86+ players last night
    They hit rock bottom the last few days too. Picked up a few more 83s at 1.2k and 84s for less than 2k this weekend already.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do it tomorrow as I have the weekend off. Drew up a list of players & they've all gone up 3-5k already - Leno & Cavani have basically doubled in price

Hopefully they'll continue to rise over the weekend so I can still grab a few players & get something out of it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at this now:

Toggle Spoiler

I'd love to find a way to get Sokratis in it, but his nationality makes it a litte trickier. I'm about 100k short of the above though so it's going to be a work in progress.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The untradeable SBC's can (for the most part) do one.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure which to go for.

87 Son with a Hawk, 88 Eriksen with a Hunter or 86 Can with an Engine.

The smart choice is probably Eriksen but I found the 87 Son to be a lot of fun and the 86 Can looks incredibly interesting.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends where you are playing them. If you need a standard CM you want Emre Can. He's great at everything. Further up the pitch you want Eriksen as your CAM and Son as striker.

I'm seeing people on twitter getting silver 1 for the month and packing some of the top walkouts as their 1 gold card. Infuriating. I'm not sure if I want to do one of the SBCs. Everyone will obviously be blinded by the top rated guys, but there are so so many 84-86 rated TOTW cards that are worthless to people at this point of the game.