User Tag List

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    87 Benteke has agility in the mid eighties. Probably a bit much expenditure to accommodate a player worth buttons, but he really does look very good. Tall, strong, top passing and tackling, great ball control, and a corking long shot.

A bit of dribbling and he's a pound shop Casemiro.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had coins going spare right now. So many players are dirt cheap. For example 89 Thiago is going for 60k.

This is the first time I've regretted that Torres SBC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even get into the game. Fucking servers.

I suspect I'm closing in on losing 100k on Messi though by now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me. Futbin reckons he's down to a BIN of 485k now. I bought him for 600k about a fortnight ago.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are selling up in preperation for team of the season cards. That means anything of value is dropping as people undercut each other. Events like this TOTK release get people opening packs and drive down prices further.

I was using Pogba for 500k just at the beginning of February, but he's now BIN of 265k.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought FIF Lewandowski for just over a million like 10 days ago. Lowest BIN is 680k.

I have no regrets though, he's pretty much the perfect striker for how I play.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already lost money like crazy. I've built the team about a week early. I bought Dybala at 80k, he's now 60k. Abate for 84k, he's now 64k. Joao Mario for 59k and he's now 45k. A bit annoying but EA never announce this stuff in advance and I guess it's for good reason.

Still I played a very strange 4 games last night. The gameplay was the best I've felt all year. It threw me off to the point that I couldn't defend. Opponents attackers were much slicker and dainty than under normal gameplay. I won all 4, but all 4 were high scoring for me. A good sign. Hopefully this wasn't just because I was playing at 1am.

Medel is next to useless in my Serie A team now. Mario seems to always be in the right place. I've looked into options and I'm thinking of playing 86 Perisic as a LM on 7 chemistry. I looked at him next to Brozovic and he's better at everything but passing and defending. As he'd be my attacking of the 3 midfielders, defending wouldn't make a difference. The passing is however offset by Perisic having a 5* weak foot, 4* skills, he's taller and would seem a lot stronger. He also has much better finishing and would seem to till be decent at long shots himself.

Back in the start of this I used to used Moussa Sissoko as a CM on 7 chem and that worked, so hopefully this does too. I'm only about 2k away from affording him, so I'll be able to say today whether it's worth doing or not.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm closing in on a TOTT player from the tradeable SBC. Just the 82 rated squad to go.

On the subject of player prices bombing, I noticed 89 Mertens can be had for around 400k now and that obscene Salah for around 100k. So tempting to bin Messi (even though he's my favourite player I've used on this so far) and go back to Serie A.

Decision might be dictated by the TOTT player I get, well, if he's any good, which I know is extremely unlikely.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used 88 Mertens and Messi on this version. I prefer Mertens.

That being said, if you do buy Mertens be aware he'll be getting a TOTS card in 2-3 weeks time, so all of his special cards will plummet in price getting closer to it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Howedes.

Looks like I can get about 25k for him. Could have been worse I guess, but thoroughly uninspiring nonetheless.

I might have another go.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I've used 88 Mertens and Messi on this version. I prefer Mertens.

That being said, if you do buy Mertens be aware he'll be getting a TOTS card in 2-3 weeks time, so all of his special cards will plummet in price getting closer to it.
    Are prices only going to go one way now and will they drop by much more?

If so, I might sell everyone and just sit it out until TOTS is released.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Are prices only going to go one way now and will they drop by much more?

If so, I might sell everyone and just sit it out until TOTS is released.
    Yes to both. Treat it like what happens when a guy with an in-form gets another special card. Take Dybala as an example. Yesterday his 90 card was 700k. Suddenly he gets a 91 card and his 90 card is now 440k BIN.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up birthday Blaczykowski as a strong link to Lewandowski in one of my Hebrides for 16k. Loving the market crash.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Perisic experiment didn't really work. He felt sluggish compared to his team mates in the first game, but I came up against the same card straight after and it was clear the other guys was performing a lot better. I've sold him on and I'm looking to sell Abate. He's good, but the team needs that extra midfielder. I can also spruce up the defence with the cash.

Only downside is that I missed the chance to sell him for over 70k. It'll have to be mid 60's.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing Career Mode a lot recently. Just got Oxford United up into the Premiership and won the UEFA Cup last season (having won the FA Cup in my first season ).

My team is full of nobodies and weird freebies/youths but it's quite enjoyable seeing them develop. Quite looking forward to selling off a bunch of them once they're a bit more established and upgrading to some higher calibre players though. My new fave is this 6ft 5 Italian striker (regen) who's got 5* skills. Just scored a header to beat Barca in the Super Cup thing with his first ever touch of the ball for us

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the TOTT tradeable and got Dendoncker

I'll use him to do it once more but I now feel Merse's pain.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, sold up almost entirely and I'll save 99% of my coins until the TOTS squads are released.

In the meantime, it's back to 3,000 coins for some bronze packs to start (+ SBC Eto') and we'll see where that takes us. Might try and build a Turkish league team as I've not done that before and I'm guessing it'll be cheap as fuck.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was tempted to do an Oxford Ut save Raoul, but it seemed a right slog at the start.

Who did you buy in the first season?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I was tempted to do an Oxford Ut save Raoul, but it seemed a right slog at the start.

Who did you buy in the first season?
    I got Marcus Edwards in on loan from Spurs (CAM) and some French centre back. Bought De Ligt from Ajax as well (I used the 'increase transfer budget' unlockable) so I had a little cash to play with.

They've got some pretty good players to start with - Lundstrum and Ledson are a solid combo in midfield, Rob Hall is a tidy winger and Kane Hemmings is a good finisher with either foot. Ledson and Hall are still at the club and playing in the Premiership with me.

You can sim a load of the home games, especially once you get a decent lead up at the top of the table. There are about a billion cups though, which is something of a grind

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been selling up my cheap Serie A team along with most of the rest of the valuable players in my club, and that, along with some decent profits from Marquee Matchup investments, has lifted me from 75k to about 200k.

Looking to build a Bundesliga team, although I'm probably going to just invest most of it for now & look to make some more monies. I picked up the 89 Thiago last night, although i did so at the worst possible time, when he was climbing again after the servers came back up, so I paid 69.5k when he was going for 55 earlier today, but hopefully he'll still give me some profit in the future. Also picked up the 87 Sommer for under 30k, but I'm debating selling him back to allow me to either pick up OTW Dembele or invest in a few other cheap Bundesliga players I can use until they can be sold for profit.

Any suggestions on the best way to invest my coins?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made a fortune from buying and selling cheap silvers, but it does take a while, so there are no doubt better ways to make larger profits.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way is probably predicting what the Marquee matchups will be and then investing in the rarer players.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correctly guessing Marquee Matchups and SBCs are the biggest profit makers. Back in December the done thing was to buy up 84 rateds for 3k or so and then when an SBC with an 83/84 requirement dropped, sell for 8k+. The other way to make big bucks is going in on someones OTW card. Case in point is Gabriel Jesus now. His card is currently 120k as he's been out a while, but he's supposedly nearly first team ready. You get him in and he bags 2 goals in a game, he'll go up in price and you make coins.

I've finished the sprucing up by selling Abate for 66k. That's an 18k loss in 2 days but I'll not be selling and changing again. The team looks more well rounded now:

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ult...8brV0:FFA17XBO

Essentially for getting rid of birthday Abate, I brought in Chiellini, 2IF Brozovic, Florenzi and I stuck a shadow card on Barzagli. That and 30k to spare. I'm not really sure on what the next player to buy or upgrade is now, so it must be looking good.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm planning to scoop up some 83/84 rated players once this lot of SBCs are over, and I've made some decent money from MMs over the last week or two of actually bothering with it, so I'll probably stick with that in that case.

TOTS is likely to be the absolute lowest point of the market, right, or do we reckon the premium players are likely to hold roughly where they are now?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest profit was on Mane's OTW.

Think I made around 200k or so and I got months of use out of him. Would have made more had I sold him before he got injured but I'm happy.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ousmane Dembele OTW is currently at 120k, I have roughly 85k in coins, plus Thiago & Sommer, who will add another 100k. Do I sell them both back & get Dembele (or Sane, as mentioned earlier), or hold out in hopes of another drop?

When is TOTS due, actually?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the market still in freefall I'd be wary of investing in anything that'll stay in your club/sit on your trade pile.

Turns out SBC Eto'o is shit. Obviously good enough to bash through Division 10 of offline seasons, but his Medium/Low workrates mean he's rarely in the right place.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dan EA never announce things like this in advance. Can't be having people know what to do with their coins/money. It's almost always at the start of May though. You'll get a first team, plus subs of each league on the game with everyone essentially having been injected with steriods. Then there's almost always either a community squad, or they call it something like a best of the rest XI. That team has all the players who haven't made their respective league teams, with a bit of fan service in there too. For example, looking at the Premier League the team is already almost a lock. You have Kane, Lukaku, Hazard, Dele Alli, Kanté and Mané, with probably Alonso, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Coleman and De Gea to round it out. Someone like a Defoe or a Zlatan has clearly played well this season, well enough to warrant a card, but due to Kane and Lukaku being on fire they wont make it. They'll get in the community squad instead. Even Alexis Sanchez could miss out, though for me it's 50/50 between him and Mané.

I got myself from 4-0 to 6-0. Then came all manner of witchcraft to deny me 2 games. I can't even explain how I lost both without getting annoyed. That loss streak was 1 kick away from growing too, but a last minute equaliser took me to extra time which I won. Won and lost some from there and sit on 11-4 now. I have 2 aims.
    1 - Avoid a collapse around the 16th win again.
    2 - Get into Gold 1.

From here I should make Gold 1. I'd have to go 14-11 from here so it's possible to fuck it up. If I want Elite for the month I need 26 wins minimum and then 27 next week. So far that's been right on the edge of my skill range. I need 30 wins from here for Gold 1 for the month so a Gold 1 finish this week would all but guarantee that. I've given up for Elite for the week already and I'd need to rattle off 4/5 wins on the run to convince me to change my mind on that. I'd have to go 18-7 from here to make it and that isn't happening.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they do about twenty different teams as well? Got to imagine the market is going to be all over the place in the next month or so.

FUT Champions looks like hell. Seems like every second person you face has a super team, then parks the bus & shields the ball in the corner as soon as they go ahead. Hopefully they can balance that kind of stuff out for Fifa 18.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there's one for every league. Essentially no one will care about anything else once they drop.

Speaking of FUT Champions we're approaching an interesting time. Their rewards are about to be heavily skewed. The top weekly prize guaranteed 11 gold TOTW items and the top monthly pack gives 44 gold TOTW items from the previous month. Almost all of the European leagues haven't much time left and once the seasons finish, EA will seriously struggle to cram 11 gold cards into a TOTW with only the MLS really playing. Same goes for monthly. I've no idea how they'll get around this.

It is a struggle for someone like me. If I play the 40 games I'll get around 25 wins. My highest has been a 27 win week, but I'm not really good enough to go better than that. It's as simple as, had I been able to up that to 30 wins a week, I'd be rolling in it. But it is what it is. I enjoy it 90% of the time. But sometimes I just don't have the time to play close to the 40.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the TOTT tradeable again and my eyes widened as I noticed a walk out.

It was Kasper

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's damn good at stopping the low driven shot if you want to use him. I don't think I could do one of these SBCs now. There's only 7 of the 23 you can make any profit on and only 5 of those are noticable profit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought him yesterday for like 40k.

I was using his 86 in that team before and I really like him.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balde Diao in TOTW then.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potentially a ST IF Martial which would be ludicrous.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One for @Samadini this one as I know how much he loves pulling together teams, but everyone's welcome.

Blank canvas, 1.5m coins to spend, what would you build?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cards have been released for Kante (92) & Alli (91) - early indications are they're probably going to cost 1.5m each to complete

They've done loan player versions as well - roughly 30k each for 5 game loans

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to whack all my coins into special Kante's and just sit on them for a week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished all my games and got 26-14 again. Same as last week. The Serie A team is lovely to play with, although the defence needs a little work. Although the bodge job of a 2nd team I have has let me down a couple of times. I had a fair few things go against me this weekend too. A lot of unfavourable bounces, players randomly falling down. I also came up against a Ronaldo 10 times. I usually only see him maybe 2 or 3 times a week so it was definitely odd. The only bad patch was when I hit 19 wins. I lost 3 running. Other than that I don't think I endured a losing streak. Some things improve, others dont.

This all means that next week I need 15 wins to get me Gold 1 monthly. But I need 27 to get Elite 3. To that end I'll need to improve my other team. Koke as a CAM just doesn't work well enough at this level, so I've my eye on that new Fekir. I'd have to hybrid out the left side of the team but it's worth a go.
    If I'm honest I dont think I'll make 27, but I have to try. Only playing to 18 wins in that first weekend has hurt my chances big time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante looks absolutely bonkers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While he looks that way, I'd advise everyone not do that SBC. Give it 3 weeks or so and he'll have a similar, if not better card in the TOTS, but you can sell him on.

This is why I've made a point of only doing SBCs that are either affordable, or for player unlikely to get a card of the same ilk. Examples being Torres or El Shaarawy. Both aren't getting a card like their SBC variants again this season.

I'm not entirely sure how to get either through or past him though. Next WL should be fun.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way I can do it so there's no chance of being tempted.

I'm fine with my MOTM Kante anyway.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filled up my transfer list, and had a load of duplicates in my transfer targets ready for Marquee Matchups later. Accidentally hit LT so now I'm stuck in eternal limbo as I can't store them in my club or on my transfer list. I also can't log in on the web or mobile app to be able to remove sold items from my transfer list to clear space, as there's no way for me to back out of console until the items have been assigned, so they both tell me I'm logged in elsewhere.

Why I can't just have the option to return them to my transfer targets list in these instances, I have no idea

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just turn off your Xbox and wait about 30 minutes so you can use web or mobile app.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I managed to get in around that kinda time later. Didn't realise it reset itself after a bit of time, but I'm down to two unassigned cards left now & I haven't had to sell anything important, so I should be okay in the end.

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't have to wait until lv45 to get the Transfer List upgrade. Only hit 20 last week

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Alli is more tempting to me. POTM Alli is an absolute star. This one looks insane.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my lineups today -
    Hybrid 1
    Out go Alaba and Sokratis, Kurzawa returns to a squad for the first time in a while as one of my favourite cards of he year, and looking forward to giving Marquinhos and Trapp a go. TIF Thiago dances around anyone whilst the anchor makes him very handy around the park, whilst Tolisso is just perfect in midfield. TIF Depay is highly recommended too.

Hybrid 2
    Minor changes recently include Alli over de Bruyne, upgraded Kante and Bellerin over their pre-winter editions. Alli is outstanding for me, whilst Gray and Aguero are a lovely pairing with Gray as a strong man to hit in the area and Aguero buzzing around off him.

Hybrid 4
    Completely re-vamped to get SBC Lewandowski and TIF Thauvin in a side and to re-integrate Matuidi who was ousted from Hybrid 1 by Tolisso. Looking forward to giving this a first bash tomorrow. Fekir looks a perfect false nine and a further upgraded Thiago with an anchor should dominate. Should I not like the overall feel, a few of these could find their way into (or back into) Hybrid 1 or 2.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those teams are disgusting. The first one in particular looks a lot like the French hybrid team I'd like to build when I actually have a decent number of coins.

OTW Dembele has dropped another 10k suddenly, and is almost down to 100k. I might not be able to resist if he's still that cheap once I've sold all my MM players, although that won't be until at least after the weekend challenges are out, so fingers crossed he gets even cheaper by then.

Any word from the MM sources about what's due in a minute?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Ousmane, if he gets one more IF which boosts his strength he'd be perfect.

Here are my two squads:

Pardew makes the team.

I should probably go back to Martial and a 433(3) so everyone is on 10 (bar Fahrmann) but I like this formation more and I like having 2 wingers with 5 star WFs. Might even do 433(3) with Son (everyone would be on 10 bar him and Fahrmann) and then switch in game actually.

Also, I'm quite tempted by the new Alli as well, if the SBC drops in price when the TOTT SBC's are gone I might go in.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tempted to sell TIF Dembele and pick up the OTW if he's that cheap, on the off chance of another IF.