User Tag List

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juan Mata's constantly paranoid about me dropping him. Poor lad, Mourinho must really have fucked him mentally.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just played a FUT champs match where I was basically walking through my opponents defence. He then attempted to slide me at every single opportunity, ref only gave out 2 yellows despite me having 4 players injured in the game. He scored 2 lucky goals to win too which pissed me off even more.

Luckily three of the players finished with no lasting injury but David Luiz is out for 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished on 32 wins making it my highest ever finish.

Ended up a bit disappointed as I was genuinely on for 35 wins at one point but I lost my head for a few games when some guy scabbed a goal then literally held it in the corner all game. I pray on the next Fifa they remove how easy it is to do that, It's like the Rock has suddenly turned up and put on some boots.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that's a great effort.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have been seething through the fucking roof had I lost that.

13-11 right now, god I hate WL. It's so much better with another 12 hours.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35 wins Lemmo? Jesus, you must be good at this.

Does that put you somewhere near the top 100?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never has a goal tasted so sweet.

Battering the guy and he ends up scoring a lucky goal in extra time then keeps heading to the corners. Lovely ball in by Sokratis.

Ended up winning on penalties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    35 wins Lemmo? Jesus, you must be good at this.

Does that put you somewhere near the top 100?
    Seems low this week, top 100 was 34 wins when I checked earlier (Think it usually ends up at 36/37)

I finished on 32 with a game remaining so couldn't make it.

I did beat some guy who had been in the top 150 in Jan, Feb and March and he messaged me after claiming I was cheating because he'd never heard of me. Not quite sure how you would even cheat on this game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't be arsed anymore, I'm far too tired.

15-13 which is a shame as I could have easily hit Gold 2 had I played some more on Friday and Saturday.

Only hope is for a massive power outage whilst I'm sleeping.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmo View Post
    I did beat some guy who had been in the top 150 in Jan, Feb and March and he messaged me after claiming I was cheating because he'd never heard of me. Not quite sure how you would even cheat on this game.
    Rofl. The pro-community really is full of some seriously up their own arse wankers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FIFA community really can be a lost cause at times. Just last week I had 2 occasions of messaging a guy "good game" after it had finished, to recieve a reply that told me that I was wrong. It was not infact a good game and I was lucky and didn't deserve my win.

Still, I tend to only play now until I can't reach Elite and this time I stopped on 26 wins. If I could learn how to grind out the extra 3 wins I'd be delighted. I am a little bit disappointed EA introduced the new tiers for monthly rewards after a week of the month was up already. I'd have definitely played past 18 last week if I had known. As it is I need 53 wins for Elite 3 and 41 for Gold 1. For my skill level, getting Elite is going to be challenging, but I'm aiming at Gold 1 now.
    @Lemmo 32 wins is quality. You look like you've enjoyed your shiny new Mertens. I'm sure I've asked this before, but do you use any custom tactics? I've been giving some a go for a while now, but keep noticing my goals conceded are now mostly from me losing the ball in the midfeild and having no one back. Either way, I hope the TOTW pack is nice to you on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    The FIFA community really can be a lost cause at times. Just last week I had 2 occasions of messaging a guy "good game" after it had finished, to recieve a reply that told me that I was wrong. It was not infact a good game and I was lucky and didn't deserve my win.

Still, I tend to only play now until I can't reach Elite and this time I stopped on 26 wins. If I could learn how to grind out the extra 3 wins I'd be delighted. I am a little bit disappointed EA introduced the new tiers for monthly rewards after a week of the month was up already. I'd have definitely played past 18 last week if I had known. As it is I need 53 wins for Elite 3 and 41 for Gold 1. For my skill level, getting Elite is going to be challenging, but I'm aiming at Gold 1 now.
    @Lemmo 32 wins is quality. You look like you've enjoyed your shiny new Mertens. I'm sure I've asked this before, but do you use any custom tactics? I've been giving some a go for a while now, but keep noticing my goals conceded are now mostly from me losing the ball in the midfeild and having no one back. Either way, I hope the TOTW pack is nice to you on Thursday.
    Mertens is special, he's currently on well over a goal and assist a game and they're all FUT Champs matches - His team of the season is going to be ridiculous.

Hopefully the TOTW pack goes a bit better than my previous couple, they've all been full of discards. I've not pulled anyone decent since IF Carrasco awhile back who sold for about 200k in the end.

I don't do loads for custom tactics, I set my defensive line to cover and increase the build up play speed to about 70.

Individual instructions is pretty standard, both full backs and 2 CM's to stay back while attacking with 1 CM (One of the side ones) to get forward. All 3 forwards set to get in behind and stay central.

I personally don't look too much into individual instructions, I believe it's more related to players work rates. For example you can set your full backs to stay back but if they have the high attacking work rate you'll always see them popping up in the oppositions box and bombing down the flank.

For that reason I ended up getting rid of POTM Dele Alli and switching back to Kante as he just breaks up more of the play and gets around the pitch better.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my build up on 70 too, but I've noticed a lot that when I work a chance, if it misses and falls back in play, I'm very vulnerable on the counter. Same if I lose the ball in the midfield. All I can think is it's my midfield bombing on too quickly and not being there to help out. I might try turning them all down to see if it makes a difference.
    I genuinely don't know how they're going to make Mertens better. I have the 88 version and he's perfect as is.

I'm swapping out Walker for Valencia to see if there's a difference. The latter is much stronger and I reckon that'll help me more than the lack of pace. I'd love to try Coleman here but he's too much.

I have 55k right now but I think I'd like to upgrade my Serie A team. I'll have 95k and whatever my two 100k packs gift me with. They discard for about 15k each so that's a minimum of another 30k on top. The front line is set if I play a 4-3-1-2, but if I do go for 4-2-3-1 I'd be interested in birthday Muriel, 88 Icardi or get 86 Gomez and move Dybala up top.
    I think midfield is the best investment though. I can afford a good TOTW card here. I'm looking at either Brozovic or Joao Mario. They both have almost the exact same card minus the shooting and work rates. Brozovic has much better shooting but high/med work rates. Mario has med/high.
    There's options in defence too. I can upgrade to birthday Abate at right back, or TOTT Koulibaly instead of the standard one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I have my build up on 70 too, but I've noticed a lot that when I work a chance, if it misses and falls back in play, I'm very vulnerable on the counter. Same if I lose the ball in the midfield. All I can think is it's my midfield bombing on too quickly and not being there to help out. I might try turning them all down to see if it makes a difference.
    I genuinely don't know how they're going to make Mertens better. I have the 88 version and he's perfect as is.

I'm swapping out Walker for Valencia to see if there's a difference. The latter is much stronger and I reckon that'll help me more than the lack of pace. I'd love to try Coleman here but he's too much.

I have 55k right now but I think I'd like to upgrade my Serie A team. I'll have 95k and whatever my two 100k packs gift me with. They discard for about 15k each so that's a minimum of another 30k on top. The front line is set if I play a 4-3-1-2, but if I do go for 4-2-3-1 I'd be interested in birthday Muriel, 88 Icardi or get 86 Gomez and move Dybala up top.
    I think midfield is the best investment though. I can afford a good TOTW card here. I'm looking at either Brozovic or Joao Mario. They both have almost the exact same card minus the shooting and work rates. Brozovic has much better shooting but high/med work rates. Mario has med/high.
    There's options in defence too. I can upgrade to birthday Abate at right back, or TOTT Koulibaly instead of the standard one.
    IF Brozovic is very good all round especially going forward, always pops up in the right positions and has a decent long shot. Not used Joao Mario or really came up against him much to comment.

I had the 86 IF Koulibaly but his High/High work rate put me off him, always seemed to be charging up the pitch and getting caught. That's why I switched to FUT Birthday Ogbonna and Chiellini who have High - Med/Low respectively.

I'd also recommend FUT Birthday Abate, he's got everything. I actually think he's better than Walker who previously was untouchable for me on this version of Fifa.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TIF Carrasco out tonight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And TIF Sokratis

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must not open my 100k packs...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isco looks a bit good too, actually. He must have about six special cards now. Shadow on him and he's almost the perfect midfielder. Should fit in beautifully beside Kovacic.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're interested in trying them out, look at the IF card below.

89 Isco is now 120k on XB1 which looks a bargain. 87 Carrasco is now 115k. Both have lost 50k just today so try those out now if anyone's interested in them. 87 Sokratis is now only 70k too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the other day some skill move and weak foot upgrades happened. Not many players you will care about, but there's a few good ones. These obviously apply to all special cards of said player too. Ousmane Dembele now has 5* skills. Son now has 4* skills. Belotti now has a 4* weak foot. Mbappe Lottin up to 4* weak foot. Sturridge now has 4* skills. Lacazette now has a 4* weak foot.

I don't think I've missed anyone out. But my Lacazette just got better so I'm a happy chappy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was able to actually use skills effectively I'd be happy.

As it is, meh.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened my rewards.

Pack 1 was pretty good. Walkout Fabregas, Barzagli, Mane and Varane. Pack 2 and I got Barzagli again but not much else. A shame they aren't worth what they once were, but three, 86 rated players is not to be sniffed at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herrera and 2 81's in my rewards, probably about 110k altogether which isn't great but it all adds up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got fuck all.

Did buy Sokratis TIF though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got Mathieu and Guardardo as their normal rare cards. I expected 800 coins each but they have both sold for a combined 15k. I'm not on the console but I assume they are both in the marquee matchup of the week?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and it's another TOTW player reward.

I'll be doing it tomorrow and obviously get Zapata.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've kept one Barzagli and sold the other. All else sold I got up to 180k.

In come IF Joao Mario and birthday Abate on @Lemmo s reccomendation. I picked Mario over Brozovic based on work rates, but honestly that's an either way decision. That leaves my Serie A team looking like this:

I have 40k left to spend. Doesn't buy me much of an upgrade on anything unfortunately. Although the obvious next player to go is Medel. The options I can afford to replace him are Hamsik, Pjanic and Marchisio. Non of the 3 jump out at me but the latter would be the most likely. Another option would be to sell Abate back and use funds to pick up an IF CM, but I think the way I have it now seems right.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided that I don't want to qualify for the WL this weekend.

I've got to finish up a dissertation proposal for tomorrow and I've agreed to go and work on a team presentation on Saturday so I'd have only been able to play on Sunday.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking to return to WL in May as planning uneventful weekends throughout ahead of moving.

Got 87-rated Thauvin in my MM rewards, and he looks a beast.

I'll post up my squads next week. Currently have two functioning hybrids, expect a third new one to be completed by getting SIF Robben to make it my first ever 189 rated squad before the next weekend and 4th and 5th hybrids sat as concepts to work towards.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    87 Thauvin does look properly good.

Picked up 90 Isco and 88 Carrasco for a combined price of less than 400k, which is pleasing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demibay from MM for me

I knew I'd get a discard price IF.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Demibay from MM for me

I knew I'd get a discard price IF.
    Was win-win for me as only cost me 6k to procure a Carvajal to complete them all.

Thauvin is holding at 50k but think I'll keep him as a right wing option for the hybrids featuring Tolisso or Matuidi with Lacazette.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK gents, I'm off to get a console on the weekend. It's been too long for FIFA. What's do the majority of you play on?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me, Yevrah, Merse and Lemmo are on XB1.
    John and Mahow on PS4.

FIFA is now in the EA Access vault too. I'd recommend picking up a month of that as opposed to buying the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My usual FIFA leak source says we're about to get a European TOTT for the knockout stages.

There'll be some amazing cards in that.

Leak says Ronaldo, Dybala, Zlatan, Lacazette and Aubameyang are the forwards.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The picture I've seen has Mbappe, Fekir, and Dybala as the first line of forwards, and there's an Aspas in the works too, apparently.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Vidal looks mental and I can't wait until I get my hands of Thiago.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be all in on Casemiro, and I'll probably pick up Cabral and Aspas too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the obvious, I'd quite like Fekir. I remember his standard card being the first player with good dribbling I used on this version. Also that perfect link to Lacazette.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mbappe Lottin or Fekir to go with TIF Thauvin is tempting.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit they've dropped SBCs for the too. And I'm away all weekend. Ffs. Mobile app is shit for SBCs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this weekend is going to be horrible to play in.

I'd do the SBC myself, but given I'd be happy with less than half of the players available, my chances of success are low.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did it (the untradeable one) as I only needed to buy like 3 players and got a Pozuelo :\

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ffs. Got Dendoncker twice. I hope to god I recuperate the 30k spent selling the cunt.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just spotted that Kasper is now 1 special away from being the only keeper in the 80s club.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What 80s club?

If you mean 90s then de Gea, Neuer and Buffon are also 90+

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Ffs. Got Dendoncker twice. I hope to god I recuperate the 30k spent selling the cunt.
    That's a lot of hoping for 30k.

He looks quality. Stick him between De Bruyne, Alderweireld, and Hazard in a hybrid and you'll be laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    What 80s club?
    All card stats at least eighty.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had crossed my mind since I have Hazard, Naingolan over de Bruyne though. I'd need either Lukaku (not agile enough for me) or Mertens (too expensive) up front to make it work though, and probably a strong link centre back in a 442 as well (no decent ones) so I'll sell and rue a couple of players I sunk in.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's a lot of hoping for 30k.

He looks quality. Stick him between De Bruyne, Alderweireld, and Hazard in a hybrid and you'll be laughing.

All card stats at least eighty.
    Ah right. That makes a lot more sense. Cheers.