User Tag List

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm not that great at long shots but I do tend to smash one in with Alli quite regularly with both feet.

Much better than IF Fabregas.

Oh and Keita is incredible, I prefer his TIF over Thiago's 88 card.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to take advantage of the extra time so I've left myself 8 matches for tomorrow night.

15 wins so Gold 3 should be on the cards barring a shit slide tomorrow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked out that TIF Keita.

It's annoying joining this so late in the season. What are people's favourite IFs and the like so far?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OTW Dembele and IF Kante are my standouts.

I also really liked Breel Embolo's OTW before I got Dembele, he could have been special had he not picked up an injury.

Kante is the best by far, I have a shadow card on mine and I'll control him when defending. He is the destroyer of attacks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Just checked out that TIF Keita.

It's annoying joining this so late in the season. What are people's favourite IFs and the like so far?
    Still 5 months left in this game yet. Plenty of time!

My favourites have been IF Ben Yedder. He literally only has 1 weakeness, that being his high defensive workrates. 88 Mertens and OTW Dembele have both been mental for me and 86 Salah was a great card too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't played Ben Yedder until this weekend.

I now understand why John loves him so much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramos has been wank and so I've binned him off. Actively cost me 2 games by being 10 yards ahead of the defence. I'm also not impressed by Carrasco so far and Bales shots have suddenly become magnetised to the posts. In short I'm really not enjoying this team and OTW Dembele coming off the bench has really saved me at times. 15 played, 9-6.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played 4 games and won 3 of them so Gold 3 is secured.

In the last two victories I went 1-0 down quickly but I picked myself up and battered them both. I beat the first 5-1 and then in the next the guy rage quit when I made it 4-1.

Genuinely stunned that I got Gold 3 as I was thinking I'd struggle to get into the silver bracket.

Still have 4 games left so if I manage to keep this form up later tonight I could grab Gold 2.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top stuff Mahow.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TIF Dembele (85), POTM Sterling (84), POTM Alli (86), SBC Lacazette (87) are all great but IF Gray (81) may be my absolute favourite for his netbusting finishing. He's got that Alan shearer-like quality about him of sticking it in the top corner with consummate ease and vicious power.

I've got SBC Higuain (91) and am 15/20 towards Suarez (94) too. Also have 13+ players for 18 of 20 Bundesliga sides, whilst working on the remaining couple (FC Bayern and Dortmund so the expensive fuckers - actually have about the number of players I need but need to grab a more couple of the highest rated players to meet rating requirement if it's as high as I expect - around the 85 mark). So I should in a decent place to land the anticipated Lewandowski SBC.

Keita has to go. He just doesn't fit into the team he was intended for, reducing Boateng to 8 chem and sitting on 8 chem himself so I may go after Vidal instead.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Ramos has been wank and so I've binned him off. Actively cost me 2 games by being 10 yards ahead of the defence. I'm also not impressed by Carrasco so far and Bales shots have suddenly become magnetised to the posts. In short I'm really not enjoying this team and OTW Dembele coming off the bench has really saved me at times. 15 played, 9-6.
    I love Ramos, paired with Azpilicueta he's exceptional. TOTG Varane is a beast too.

I feel like I should swap Koscielny out for Smalling in one of my teams, but it'd mean dropping Lloris for De Gea in that team and also replacing Bellerin with Walker for chem purposes. Bellerin would the sit alongside Azpilicueta in the other side nicely enough, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. It would allow me to sell Lloris but he's not going for all that much these days so it wouldn't be a great windfall and I'm convinced he's performing better in that side than de Gea in the other. Koscielny not having 90 strength even with an anchor applied is an issue though...

Picked up SIF Koulibaly (86) in my Marquee match up packs and couldn't make use of him, as with TIF Keita (86). Bloomin' Senegal.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    TIF Dembele (85), POTM Sterling (84), POTM Alli (86), SBC Lacazette (87) are all great but IF Gray (81) may be my absolute favourite for his netbusting finishing. He's got that Alan shearer-like quality about him of sticking it in the top corner with consummate ease and vicious power.

I've got SBC Higuain (91) and am 15/20 towards Suarez (94) too. Also have 13+ players for 18 of 20 Bundesliga sides, whilst working on the remaining couple (FC Bayern and Dortmund so the expensive fuckers - actually have about the number of players I need but need to grab a more couple of the highest rated players to meet rating requirement if it's as high as I expect - around the 85 mark). So I should in a decent place to land the anticipated Lewandowski SBC.

Keita has to go. He just doesn't fit into the team he was intended for, reducing Boateng to 8 chem and sitting on 8 chem himself so I may go after Vidal instead.
    I really need to start stockpiling Bundesliga players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another MLS marquee SBC, don't mind if I do.

Decided to bin off the holy trinity hybrid and having sold everyone (bar a Budesliga skeleton squad and some randomers) I'm now up to 166k, 150k of which must be trading in the last two weeks.

Fucking servers are down again though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a MOTM card.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 20k made on the MLS and Mexican leagues Marquee SBC.

Why people are paying 1k+ for players to get their hands on an All Players Pack is absolutely beyond me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loaded up and lost 2 in a row, gold 2 is dead.

First WL and I finish with a record of 19-20 which isn't too bad.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 20k made on the MLS and Mexican leagues Marquee SBC.

Why people are paying 1k+ for players to get their hands on an All Players Pack is absolutely beyond me.
    Some will also be due to the North American SBC with Canadians and Americans needed. Got some good packs out of those.

Where you're missing only say, 10k worth of players to complete all 4 SBC' it's well worth it. I think this weekends were about 75-100k worth of packs? I've pulled a whole bunch of walkouts this year from them. This week - one 80k IF (Koulibaly), a whole bunch of BPL and Bundesliga 75-83's, Rooney and a 15k IF (Xabi Prieto). It cost me about 2k.

Even when you don't hit a big player you generally increase your hoard and where you do hit the big players it's a payday (as with this week), or a top player to have in reserve for future weekend league restrictions (Ozil, Chiellini for me) or just a great card to slot into the team (IF Thiago, Boateng).

Needless to say, if you need to buy EVERYONE it's not worth it, but all players packs are great and Prime players packs are absolute diamond.

Think I got Ronaldo from a mega pack too, which is another regularly on offer. Just need to be savvy about what you're giving up. When the Bundesliga SBC rolls around the players will sky rocket, hence I've gone for 13-14 players per side in reserve (most pack pulled) so to get all of them completed, I'll expect at least a walkout or couple of If's from the 300k worth of packs or so, along with a top SBC player and a coin reward of around 30k. I did Calcio A for probably 50k by doing the same with it so made a nice profit with the rewards and got myself a shit hot Higuain. .

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair points. When's the Bundesliga SBC likely to hit and do the other current league ones ever expire? It'd be nice to be able to build a cheap Serie A side again.

Must have made about 70k from trading tonight, up to 220k coins now and looking spending some on this:

I packed Marega a while back and he's an absolute beast, so it'd be nice to max his chemistry.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Semedo for Cedric.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Ramos, paired with Azpilicueta he's exceptional. TOTG Varane is a beast too.

I feel like I should swap Koscielny out for Smalling in one of my teams, but it'd mean dropping Lloris for De Gea in that team and also replacing Bellerin with Walker for chem purposes. Bellerin would the sit alongside Azpilicueta in the other side nicely enough, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. It would allow me to sell Lloris but he's not going for all that much these days so it wouldn't be a great windfall and I'm convinced he's performing better in that side than de Gea in the other. Koscielny not having 90 strength even with an anchor applied is an issue though...

Picked up SIF Koulibaly (86) in my Marquee match up packs and couldn't make use of him, as with TIF Keita (86). Bloomin' Senegal.
    I think it was my midfield. After buying the big players I had next to no coins left and so had a midfield of POTM Alli, MOTM Casemiro and standard Kovacic. Alli is great but the other 2 were letting it down. Given that most people have a fast, strong attacking line by now, one or the other was causing them a problem they couldn't solve. Looking at it my preferred midfielders are the strong box-to-box type so it's no wonder it failed. I got myself to 15-7, which is not a bad recovery, but then came a 5 loss streak. Most of which involved me taking the lead too.
    My final game before leaving for work convinced me I needed to change. I'd noticed more and more I'd be bringing Dembele, Martial and Mertens off the bench at, or just after half time. And considering the value of Bale/Carrasco, that's not on really. But this game saw me create about 5 great chances. 3 of which fell to Carrasco. Penalty spot distance from goal and despite twice using a finesse and once using the low driven shot, he completely missed the goal all 3 times. Luckily Dembele coming on for him bagged a 1-0 for me. As soon as the match was over I listed the expensive guys up and I'm back to having 715k to play with. It's disappointing it didn't work, but Bale and Carrasco both had less than 10 goals in near 30 games.

In search of a new team now, but will hop on and try to improve on 16-12. It's been a struggle with this team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Cacelo at right back and I can use that team for another futile attempt to qualify for the weekend league.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to go from 16-12 to 21-16. Kind of win for loss, but it was a strange experience. I got my 2 wins needed to qualify almost instantly. Went 2-0 up in my first 2 games and both people quit in the first half. It was hard work after that as I was matched up against some very good players. The team felt 10x better than the previous one, which is a little sad as I think it was mostly down to Kante. This does now mean it'll be hard to make elite for the month, but I've given up on that after last months shit rewards. I'd need 27 wins a week from here.

Team wise I don't know where to go now. I've been trying to avoid the full EPL team all game as everyone and their mother uses one. But the only options I have left are that, a good Bundesliga team or one of a single nationality. Whichever it is, trying it out before starting the weekend league might be a good idea.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to go from 16-12 to 21-16. Kind of win for loss, but it was a strange experience. I got my 2 wins needed to qualify almost instantly. Went 2-0 up in my first 2 games and both people quit in the first half. It was hard work after that as I was matched up against some very good players. The team felt 10x better than the previous one, which is a little sad as I think it was mostly down to Kante. This does now mean it'll be hard to make elite for the month, but I've given up on that after last months shit rewards. I'd need 27 wins a week from here.

Team wise I don't know where to go now. I've been trying to avoid the full EPL team all game as everyone and their mother uses one. But the only options I have left are that, a good Bundesliga team or one of a single nationality. Whichever it is, trying it out before starting the weekend league might be a good idea.
    With the coins I had lying spare after essentially completing my perfect La Liga side I made Serie A and Bundesliga sides and the Serie A one is absolutely lovely. The latest Immobile IF with a Hawk card on him is like that version of Pro Evo where Adriano had 99 for everything. No idea how you'd go about building one and accommodating the players you already have who are untradeable or whatever (although I'm sure you have a striker Mertens, do you not?) but for what the side I built cost they seem heavily overpowered compared to the same value of player from La Liga or Bundesliga.

Stick a Hunter on that Marega bloke, Yev, and it's difficult to imagine a better striker for a particular style of football, one which you're obviously playing if he's been dominating for you.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah given that the la Liga and Serie A ones were a month apart, I'm expecting it this month. I'm not sure they'll do a BPL given the POTM SBC's but I'm pretty well set for that too. If they do, I hazard it'll be the last one. I'm also expecting a random ROTW one like Greece soon enough. The others have no time limit. Giovinco and Lacazette are great, the latter having been a mainstay for me and the former coming in handy when I need to have italians or MLS for squad restrictions.
    @Sir Andy Mahowry that's a great record for the first time you qualified. As I've said and GF has too, it's harder to qualify than hit gold 3 IMHO so I was interested to see how you'd get on and you've somewhat proven the point. Aiming for Gold 1 is he biggie now. Gold 2 and 1 rewards really help the club out.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspired by Merse's talk of packing Ronaldo I did all of one of the Hybrid SBC's.

5 packs of absolutely nothing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just found out why people do the SBCs. That outside chance of packing someone great.

Still congrats Mahow. Hitting Gold anything on your first go is great. You'll get used to the BS and the dirty tactics the more you play in it. Be glad you didn't play in it before they nerfed Park The Bus a little. It was essentially first goal wins. There's a certain way to play it, but I'm sure you'll pick it up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspired by Merse's talk of packing Ronaldo I did all of one of the Hybrid SBC's.

5 packs of absolutely nothing.
    You have to build up he club and commit where the value is there. Generally though- where might think packs are 'nothing'. Remember Toulouse silvers are still 8-15k, as are a fair few French silvers, and that anyone else will provide with more SBC fodder. I've done very nicely out of it and I enjoy it. It gives me something to play for aside from just building the starting XI like in previous previous years.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just found out why people do the SBCs. That outside chance of packing someone great.

Still congrats Mahow. Hitting Gold anything on your first go is great. You'll get used to the BS and the dirty tactics the more you play in it. Be glad you didn't play in it before they nerfed Park The Bus a little. It was essentially first goal wins. There's a certain way to play it, but I'm sure you'll pick it up.
    Must say, this was a more enjoyable weekend. Being in elite form for most of it was good too. Great to play a few more attacking players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to build up he club and commit where the value is there. Generally though- where might think packs are 'nothing'. Remember Toulouse silvers are still 8-15k, as are a fair few French silvers, and that anyone else will provide with more SBC fodder. I've done very nicely out of it and I enjoy it. It gives me something to play for aside from just building the starting XI like in previous previous years.
    There was nothing, highest resale value was 2k.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing, highest resale value was 2k.
    So you keep them for they're of value. SBC's have made the market dynamic.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, but I'm not arsed with it to that extent.

Had an absolute shocker trying to qualify for the FUT league tonight, coming up against so many obscene teams.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merse has it. Every card in this game has been valuable at some point due to a SBC. Unless you really need the coin, keep them or burn them in further SBCs. The idea is to keep the packs rolling in and hope for a pull.

I've decided to do the Lacazette SBC this week when rewards hit. He shares similar stats to IF Ben Yedder and you're essentially trading his 5* weak foot, for +6 sprint speed, +3 stamina but more importantly +22 strength. It's the strength I feel will make the difference.

I've also noticed a card I missed from this weeks MOTM selection and it's Tolisso. He looks an absolute beast and is cheaper because of the league he's in.

Here's him next to IF Nainggolan who is more than double his price.

Him being French makes him very interesting. He can easily link up to many players and could be used in some hybrids. If he comes down closer to 150k I may be tempted to pick him up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To those who love an SBC, the Eredivisie league can now be done for about 90k on both platforms. You get 22.5k when you complete it too, so already down to below 70k. The player you get isn't the best, but there are 8 silver packs in there. Each individual challenge is below 7k, so you're not having to pull much to cover the cost.
    You're probably more likely to pull a valuable silver than from the gold packs, but like I say, anything more than discard value is going to pay for each individual SBC.

Also a 'FIFA insider' reckons we're getting a MOTM Kanté, Son and Sané this week. If this is true, IF Kanté owners among us might want to sell up before the card loses value. Aside from that, another MOTM Son would be interesting. They'd surely have to make him a LW or else his 86 striker card is going to lose all value.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold mine for 292k.

If he doesn't get a MOTM card I'm bombing that FIFA insider.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do OTW cards get boosts to match MOTM cards? I have a mate who pulled a OTW Sane in week one when it could have sold for a couple of hundred thousand coins and resisted my advice to sell it because he was too raw to properly thrive in a 'Pep' side. I wasn't entirely right, but he hasn't had a MOTM so the card has plummeted and I could be doing without the dose of smugness a massive and unexpected upgrade would bring.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't.

But, it means if they get an IF after it will mean a much bigger boost.

Ousmane Dembele's OTW went from 77 to 84 as he got an 83 TOTGS card.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been right on everything before and has shared this...

@John the only upgrades that count with OTW cards are TOTW. Nothing else will count, however it does mean the next OTW upgrade will be higher. Sané for example will now be at least an 83 the next time he gets a TOTW. Kanté will also go to 87 the next time etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ on a bike, at least I'll be able to get back the IF for a lot less.

Son looks nutty too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's started to come right onto a game too, the little German twat, so I fancy he'll get a TOTW before long. The same bloke has OTW Kante too, so that MOTM group would be a bit of a coup for him, without him having to even think about getting any of them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll at least put the price of his OTW cards up either way.

Also:

This might push me into getting IF Kanté when he goes cheaper. He's 270k now. Hopefully he drops closer to 200.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante's IF is up to 310k

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the look of IF Ever Banega and Benatia. Could very much see myself buying those two when their prices come down.

The star of this week's show is SIF Nicolai Jorgensen though. These stats and he's opened up at 30k.

Almost worth putting together a little hybrid side just to try him out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team 1:

Toggle Spoiler

Team 2:

Toggle Spoiler

I've used almost all of those players before and know I like them, with the exception of Aubameyang and Vidal. Essentially the difference is if I spend the coin on extra up top, or extra at the back. Team 1 costs 1 million bang on. Team 2 costs 1.2 million. Given I own Dembele already, that's 200k of the cost of each. I can afford Team 1 now, but the 2nd is slightly out of range. That's what I'm looking at for now though. My budget is 800k and I reckon I can knock something nice up and use the current side as a fitness team.
    I'm looking through FUTBIN for what kind of squad I can get for my current coin. Suggestions more then welcome, but would like to avoid La Liga.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merse has it. Every card in this game has been valuable at some point due to a SBC. Unless you really need the coin, keep them or burn them in further SBCs. The idea is to keep the packs rolling in and hope for a pull.

I've decided to do the Lacazette SBC this week when rewards hit. He shares similar stats to IF Ben Yedder and you're essentially trading his 5* weak foot, for +6 sprint speed, +3 stamina but more importantly +22 strength. It's the strength I feel will make the difference.

I've also noticed a card I missed from this weeks MOTM selection and it's Tolisso. He looks an absolute beast and is cheaper because of the league he's in.

Here's him next to IF Nainggolan who is more than double his price.

Him being French makes him very interesting. He can easily link up to many players and could be used in some hybrids. If he comes down closer to 150k I may be tempted to pick him up.
    Very tempted to whack Tolisso in for Matuidi in one of my teams. That or stick him in a Serie A hybrid with SBC Lacazette alongside SBC Higuain and turn one of my Bundesliga-BPL-Ligue 1 Hybrid into a straight Bundesliga-BPL hybrid again, though I had marked down SBC Higuain as being in a Serie A-La Liga hybrid, moving across Ramos and Alba when I have SBC Suarez and bringing in a couple more players I've fancied playing with. However, should I make the Lacazette/Higuain based hybrid I could make the side Lacazette is currently in a Bundesliga only side and finally play TIF Keita (who I've sold, so I'd need to dive in again at 60k-odd) and the anticipated SBC Lewandowki.

So many cards I want to retain, so many I want to bring in, so little time playing the damn game now. Ach, we'll see...

Tonights aim is to set myself up for survival in Div 1 to qualify for the weekend. 1 game in, 1 win.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do we reckon this SBC Lewa will be then, 92 rated? I had in mind it was going to be Auba as for some reason thought he grabbed top scorer last season.

They need to change it up a little next year I think. Maybe include the top performing midfielder and defender too. There's too many strikers now to fit them all in your squads.

Still, good luck Merse.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making more dynamic requirements and offering a couple of players as rewards is where I think the SBC thing will go next year. Maybe the standard squad from every club in the league gets you a Reus or the like, but add an 86 overall side from the league as a whole and a Polish national team and you can bump it up to Lewandowski. That sort of thing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone had a go at the pot of gold stuff?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit WL rewards for me.

Best pull was Garay, unless I pulled a mental silver.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone had a go at the pot of gold stuff?
    Yup, players shit, but effectively made 60k odd on a bunch of bronze and silver Oirish in my reserves via the trade in for cash ones.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Shit WL rewards for me.

Best pull was Garay, unless I pulled a mental silver.
    Got two IF's through them and the Roy Keane SBC.

A fucking Silver IF from the Ekstraklasse and a Colombian 85 rated CAM who looks great but is BIN-ing at 17k.