User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: [Football] The 2016 European Championship Final

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you watch the games? I know I'm biased, but that Italy game was as dodgy as they come.

The referee's (Byron Moreno) post-World Cup career

In September 2002, while a candidate in October elections for places on the Quito city council, he was suspended for twenty matches[2] and investigated by Ecuadorian football authorities.[3] This came after he made timekeeping errors in a match he officiated between Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito and Barcelona Sporting Club. FIFA also investigated due to controversies "...in Japan, Italy and South America over the past few months".[4] In May 2003, in his third game back from his suspension, Moreno was again suspended, for one match, after he sent off three players from visiting Deportivo Quito in a 1–1 draw at Deportivo Cuenca.[5] He retired the following month, blaming low performance marks for his retirement
    Moreno was arrested on September 21, 2010 at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, while trying to smuggle in six kilograms (over thirteen pounds) of heroin, which was hidden in his underwear.[7] In January 2011, he pleaded guilty to the charges in a New York courthouse, facing a possible ten years in prison.[8] On September 23, 2011, Moreno was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison on the heroin smuggling charges.[9] He was released from prison 26 months later and returned to Ecuador.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you smuggle heroin in your underwear? Especially that much.

I'd imagine it would be quite noticeable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    Did you watch the games? I know I'm biased, but that Italy game was as dodgy as they come.
    England v Spain in Euro '96 was as fixed as they come by that logic.