User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank Holiday Weekend Football (Sponsored By The Sunday Pissup)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bank Holiday Weekend Football (Sponsored By The Sunday Pissup)

These ones are on telly:

Friday
    Brum vs. Boro SS1

Saturday
    Bolton vs. Hull SS2
    Arsenal vs. Norwich SS1

Sunday
    Swansea vs. Liverpool BT1
    United vs. Leicester SS1
    Southampton vs. City SS1

Monday
    Chelsea vs. Spurs SS1

Sunday is phenomenal. Midday start too.

So is this the weekend where Leicester win the league? Or will LvG stop that?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waking up at 7:00 AM the morning after prom night to watch Leicester win the league at Old Trafford.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on you Brummie bastards.

Do it for 7om.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally apathetic could not give a fuck.

However will definitely watch the Lestoh game.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Leicester and Spurs will both draw, and then Leicester will win it by giving Everton a shoeing at home next week, to get Martinez fired.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leciester to win it on Sunday and Mark Selby to then win the World Championships wearing a Leicester City kit, or suit in the style thereof (I assume he's a fan).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I reckon Leicester and Spurs will both draw, and then Leicester will win it by giving Everton a shoeing at home next week, to get Martinez fired.
    If they both draw it's over, isn't it?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Spurs need to better the Leicester result.

Leicester to shit out a 1-0 win to finally give Magic a seethe induced heart attack.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never send to know for whom the bell dilly dongs. It dilly dongs for thee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Providing Ranieri gets the guard of honour at Stamford Bridge on the last day, I give not a fuck about anything else at the top of the league. Beyond that, I'd like Lord Benitez to keep Newcastle up.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Newcastle. I hope they go down.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Newcastle anyway but doubly so with that twat at the helm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burnley +33 87pts
    Boro +32 87pts
    Brighton +30 87pts

Boro are kicking off in ten at Birmingham, Burnley and Brighton play on Monday against QPR (H) and Derby (H)

Then the final games of the season are next weekend - Burnley at Charlton (A) and Boro vs Brighton

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deciding not to watch Boro tonight. It's not going to be enjoyable. Atmosphere on Monday is going to be great.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benfica are shitting it up at the moment. They win and Sporting drop points v Porto then it's pretty much all done so massive night.

Van Gaal to get the win to quash the Mourinho rumours for another weekend.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Benfica are shitting it up at the moment. They win and Sporting drop points v Porto then it's pretty much all done so massive night.

Van Gaal to get the win to quash the Mourinho rumours for another weekend.
    If forced to put money on any scoreline on Sunday I'd go 1-0 your lot. I'm not being forced though so I'll leave well alone. It should be tight and a goal either way will probably do it. Spurs won't beat Chelsea anyway. I think we win it next week. Which would be fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Often wondered whether the supporters groups are too close to the club, and 'Arsenal is stale - fresh approach needed' has firmly ended that discussion. Better than nothing but fuck me it needs to be a bit more forceful than that. Hopefully some of the other protests away from the ground get a bit of attention as we'll be employing slightly more direct tactics...

Wenger's had a whinge today was a promising sign IMO.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Championship season is mental. Brighton could well not go up with 91 points. Could do with Birmingham getting something here. Can't see Burnley fouling up (sadly) and really don't fancy having to play Boro next weekend if all they need is a draw.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    This Championship season is mental. Brighton could well not go up with 91 points. Could do with Birmingham getting something here. Can't see Burnley fouling up (sadly) and really don't fancy having to play Boro next weekend if all they need is a draw.
    This one's going to be even more horrible than the last two playoff years if we don't go up. Top 3 all unbeaten in 8+ games, there can't have been many seasons like this.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love to see Brighton go up. How many games left?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgooner View Post
    Often wondered whether the supporters groups are too close to the club, and 'Arsenal is stale - fresh approach needed' has firmly ended that discussion. Better than nothing but fuck me it needs to be a bit more forceful than that. Hopefully some of the other protests away from the ground get a bit of attention as we'll be employing slightly more direct tactics...

Wenger's had a whinge today was a promising sign IMO.
    Do you want rid of him?

Arsenal seem like a club where they are the embodiment of the manager and I think you'll struggle, relatively speaking, when he goes. If only because it seems as though everything about the modern club is built by and around him. The only alternative I've seen linked (I'm not paying attention to be fair) is Thierry Henry which would probably be a fucking disaster. Who would you want if Wenger went?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protesting on the 12th minute as that represents every year they've not won the league.

Just

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait til he's gone and they're pining for him in 7th.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've fucked that up as well. They're not winning it this year so it will be at least 13 before they do. Retards.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's twelve years since we won it. Still, the 18th and 86th minutes would have been better.

I want him out and I'd settle for anything other than what we've currently got, even if it meant doing a United/Liverpool/Chelsea and dropping well out of it for a while. Everyone worrying about securing 4th, why? So we can get fucking Olympiakos and go out to Barca/Bayrn in the last 16? Fuck that.

The whole club is a fucking shower of cunts. There aren't many involved who should be staying on.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jordan fkn Rhodes.

19 goals next year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgooner View Post
    It's twelve years since we won it. Still, the 18th and 86th minutes would have been better.

I want him out and I'd settle for anything other than what we've currently got, even if it meant doing a United/Liverpool/Chelsea and dropping well out of it for a while. Everyone worrying about securing 4th, why? So we can get fucking Olympiakos and go out to Barca/Bayrn in the last 16? Fuck that.

The whole club is a fucking shower of cunts. There aren't many involved who should be staying on.
    What's the problem with him then? It obviously isn't about results given what you've posted and, in any case, it's hardly been a load of shit on the pitch for a decade; just a bit less good than you were before that. I don't really keep up with the behind the scenes goings on at Arsenal.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, according to the BBC Gossip thing, Guardiola wants to bring in Walcott (for some reason).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Love to see Brighton go up. How many games left?
    Just the two. The top three separated by goal difference (before tonight - Boro are currently playing).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a tragic decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna feel like an anti-climax if Leicester draw and Spurs fail to win on Monday. I wanna see Leicester actually seal the win and celebrate on the pitch and not see Vardy having a booze up on Monday night all over the papers the following day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeet View Post
    Gonna feel like an anti-climax if Leicester draw and Spurs fail to win on Monday. I wanna see Leicester actually seal the win and celebrate on the pitch and not see Vardy having a booze up on Monday night all over the papers the following day.
    I'd much rather us win it at home but if results go our way this weekend, whatever the combination of results, LEICESTER FUCKING CITY are in no position to be turning our noses up at WINNING THE FUCKING PREMIER LEAGUE. Everton will be some fucking party if we've won it before. I'd rather the players didn't turn up pissed like against Brighton a couple of years back, mind.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We seem to be absolutely bang up for Spurs. Hazard was even calling them out the other day, which is some nerve coming from him, but yeah.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We seem to be absolutely bang up for Spurs. Hazard was even calling them out the other day, which is some nerve coming from him, but yeah.
    In fairness would the Chelsea supporters not take it as a bit of an insult, especially considering it's coming from the two biggest chancers in the team? Or does sharing the same sentiment overrule the fact they couldn't see themselves to be motivated until May?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palace is never an easy game. And the only way to bring them back to our level is to beat them by 16 clear goals.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    In fairness would the Chelsea supporters not take it as a bit of an insult, especially considering it's coming from the two biggest chancers in the team? Or does sharing the same sentiment overrule the fact they couldn't see themselves to be motivated until May?
    Most have long since been resigned to this being a pointless end to the season and so beating Spurs in this situation is the only possible way of taking any kind of feel good factor into the summer. Small time perhaps, but that's what happens when you're 10th or whatever we are.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Most have long since been resigned to this being a pointless end to the season and so beating Spurs in this situation is the only possible way of taking any kind of feel good factor into the summer. Small time perhaps, but that's what happens when you're 10th or whatever we are.
    But a proper club though, 10th or not. I can fully understand them not wanting Spurs to win, but I just find it strange to show some passion (especially those two) now when they were so inept in that department all season. If I were a supporter I'd be a little pissed off at that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been such a consistently wank season that any anger has long since passed into resignation. In fact, every league game since Hiddink arrived has been effectively a practice match. It's not like the gooners, who allowed the hope to kill them, and only now seem to have crossed the Rubicon and resolved to write a strongly worded letter to the Bishop of Ely.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafa says he's in love with Newcastle but I bet he's having sneaky chats with Abramovich.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafa to Arsenal. Moyes to Newcastle.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03slll2

Levy dancing around the breakfast table now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumour has it Ranieri has a £5m clause in his contract if they win the league. Dilly ding etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the reaction you'd get asking for that type of clause.

Err, alright mate . . .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What's the problem with him then? It obviously isn't about results given what you've posted and, in any case, it's hardly been a load of shit on the pitch for a decade; just a bit less good than you were before that. I don't really keep up with the behind the scenes goings on at Arsenal.
    We've failed in the same way and made the same mistakes for more than a decade now. The myth is this is down to transfer policy, which only distracts from the real issue which is the fact he's simply unable to motivate and organise a team the way you need to in the modern game. This year has been the tipping point for me; with the greatest of respect to your mob and the yids, it's been wide open for us. The girl of our dreams is lying naked on our bed with her legs spread and we've bolted in our pants before we've got out shoes off. It's been a fucking shambles since Christmas and some of the performances we've chucked in are carbon copies of those previous Arsenal sides have turned in and the only common factor is the manager.

Worse still you've got a leadership at the club that accepts failure as long as it doesn't impact us financially. Nothing really changes unless the whole club changes; Wenger isn't going to be good enough no matter how much money they throw at it, and the culture at the club ultimately has gone backwards to such an extent that we couldn't sustain success even if we brought in a top, top, top, top, manager. The club top to bottom is a fucking sham and needs taking out. As it's unlikely to happen all at once we're going to have to knobble it bit by bit.

That said, if we sign Kante I'm right back on board and will attend every home game next season wearing a jester hat and a half-and-half scarf.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's set up for a David O'Leary Tony Adams return.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Rumour has it Ranieri has a £5m clause in his contract if they win the league. Dilly ding etc.
    He does, on top of £100k for every league position above 18th.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen what should have been Boros winner. Horrendous decision.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newcastle's game is pretty fucking hard to predict today, but it might not even matter as you could hardly fancy Stoke at all at the moment.

Sunderland could gamble today, identifying this one as winnable, but they've been fucking good at making sure they don't lose. Hopefully they go for it like they did against Norwich, but get exposed at the back. A point in that match would do, providing Newcastle win their next two games.

This was fucking easier when there was no hope.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Spurs part spoils the bet.
    I'm a twit